Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

7 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Probably something to do with Michael James imo.

I saw someone on here the other day saying Basran's team haven't completely walked away. Maybe the rest of them are trying to get it done without him?

6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The group Nixon mentions is the same one the BN think will buy the club. I don’t know who they are but I’m fairly certain that local people Iles already has contact with are involved.

Is it? Not that I want to give Nixon too much credence, but the BeN has Gaspard as there bankers... they're in the public domain aren't they.... Nixon's saying this lot need to come out into the open... Nixon's also alluding to it being the original court case lot on one of this responses...  

1 minute ago, DLH said:

Is it? Not that I want to give Nixon too much credence, but the BeN has Gaspard as there bankers... they're in the public domain aren't they.... Nixon's saying this lot need to come out into the open... Nixon's also alluding to it being the original court case lot on one of this responses...  

Nixon laughed off Gaspard the other day. I think Iles also said he doubts anyone who wants to do public interviews before it's completed.

2 minutes ago, DLH said:

Think the same, Ken knows Michael James. 

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Sadly, this whole episode made our site a circus show. This thread is a car crash.

I did suggest a while back that this would be the case.

However, you, my friend do have the power to perform a cull...

“He’s obviously a crook, but we’ve no other option”

“Hes only in it for himself but at least players might get paid”

”dodgy past, but sounded good on talksport”

fuck me sideways :D 

The king is dead long live the king.

• Moderators

Clearly Howards was using the site for their own agenda, people asking questions expecting a true honest reply in no way loaded towards H's aims, jesus fucking christ, how naive can you be...

We've had to turn off new registrations. Either way, H's lot should put some money towards the running of this site.

Culls are something we've kicked into the long grass.

Why would you do a interview before you've done the deal, sounds a bit desperate to me. It would be a good time for Howard mob to put out a statement congratulating Mr bassini on his imminent purchase of bolton wanderers football club. And here's what you could have won ala Jim bowen. 

15 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Clearly Howards was using the site for their own agenda

Don't think anyone truly believed a multi-million / billion prospective buyer would be courting fans on Wandererways. Fair to say.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

So it's not a done deal yet. Michael knighton anyone?

Are we going to see him doing keepy ups at half time on Saturday?

As for Howard's last post, much of it fair enough, the with regard to point 8, be did enough critical comment on other parties, some of which were surprising to say the least. I would have expected him to remain above some of the language and inference used.

That said, was still quite interesting.

And who knows, they might be back yet!

This.

Exactly my thoughts, and a few others on here, as he was speaking.

This deal isn't done yet & it seems like he's not completed DD so he'll probably get a few surprises.

There may be a few twists in this yet...

• Site Supporter

I've not felt this used since the 1st year at secondary school when Zoe P snogged me on the yard just so I'd buy her a Marathon from the ice cream van at lunch time.

It's a lousy feeling.

Forgive the negativity but I cannot see Bassini taking us forward, let alone anywhere near the EPL. Stinks to high heaven of Ken getting his corrupt mate involved for his own gain. Can’t see any reason for him shouting his agenda to the press other than to try and get himself credibility.

That said I wouldn’t be surprised if this all falls through.

See you later Howard. Hope to see you back in 5 days if Bassini fails. Cheers for the info but knowing we could’ve had a Wolves model is a bit of a kick in the balls with Bassini waiting in the wings.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Don't think anyone truly believed a multi-million / billion prospective buyer would be courting fans on Wandererways. Fair to say.

Buyer, WUM, attention seeker, whatever. Their own agenda.

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

I've not felt this used since the 1st year at secondary school when Zoe P snogged me on the yard just so I'd buy her a Marathon from the ice cream van at lunch time.

It's a lousy feeling.

She wanted you to see her snickers 😂

8 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Buyer, WUM, attention seeker, whatever. Their own agenda.

However, I do see how from here it can reach far and wide - read it on here, post it to a WhatsApp group. Post a Bahrain flag on your Facebook page, etc.

Glad I didn't fall for it.

Wait a minute.........

(Oh, and doesn't Hazzy have both a romantic Wanderers and Bristol link - not to say property, land, etc)

1 minute ago, Smiley said:

However, I do see how from here it can reach far and wide - read it on here, post it to a WhatsApp group. Post a Bahrain flag on your Facebook page, etc.

Glad I didn't fall for it.

Wait a minute.........

(Oh, and doesn't Hazzy have both a romantic Wanderers and Bristol link - not to say property, land, etc)

I don't think it's about falling for it. I think it's more a question of the validity of the information. Obviously there is an agenda when someone comes to a site like this, but if the buyers are real and exist, then it's up to people to make their own mind up after that. 

1 hour ago, Boothy said:

I'm not an expert in this field by any means but you'd imagine someone or business could leverage the value to obtain financial backing. Howard stated that the joint survey was between his group and the Caravan Club if I recall correctly. Anyway, Bassini is on record saying he is in it alone and doesn't want to go back into football with other investors. 

Could the caravan club reference not be caravan pictures ? Joe Roth - Seattle Sounders

3 minutes ago, Boothy said:

I am [almost] convinced that Bassini is a stooge in cahoots with Ken to strengthen his position against other potential buyers.

I thought that too at first, and it makes sense. Could it not be a case that they involved him to be that guy, but he actually is interested? Not sure who they're keeping the show up for if it's the case. Basran's team are out (or not, depending on who/what you believe), Howard's buyers can't do anything until next week, Gaspard are apparently time wasters.

Who does that leave that they want a better deal from? 

2 minutes ago, deanor said:

Could the caravan club reference not be caravan pictures ? Joe Roth - Seattle Sounders

If you search for the registered office of Gaspard it comes up with a caravan site, assumed it was a reference to that.