Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A lot of information recently.

One interesting snippet from Irv, that the average championship wage is £360000. £7k a week.

If we have 20 players on that I'd be amazed, and if we did then surely that would come back to KA- he's the guy who agrees the contracts and I'm fairly sure that all current players were given contracts by him.

I think I'll wait until he's gone and accounts have been published and fully investigated.

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/annual-review-of-football-finance.html

Huddersfield got promoted with a wage bill of £22 million, which was 15th highest in championship. Pay for the report. You can read all this stuff. I'm not making it up. Footballers wages are bankrupting the clubs.

Ffs even Bury have 3 players on £6,000 a week. That's from a previous FD there. 

3 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/annual-review-of-football-finance.html

Huddersfield got promoted with a wage bill of £22 million, which was 15th highest in championship. Pay for the report. You can read all this stuff. I'm not making it up. Footballers wages are bankrupting the clubs.

Even Blackpool were losing £100k per week just before receivership.

Fleetwood are tiny and hemorrhage money, only offset by AP’s other income.

The games fucked and is going to implode.   

That Kieron McGuire fella gives some great info on twatter. Chesterfield, Peterborough etc etc all losing big big money. 

Just got back, two things 

Jack Deardon is a tosser

NOBODY in attendance who could  have any influence on our future .

Oh & Less of the coffin dodgers jibes otherwise you might get a straightener outside the club shop.

Speeches for christ sake just what we fuckin need !!

Edited by Take Hunt Off

What the hell is that Rigby fella going on about with him having read "We could go into admin and it would only cost £750k to keep the club running"....unless you know for certain, then keep your gob shut and dont make shit up as you go along.

Edited by Wigan White pt2

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

I don't doubt that you're being truthful. I was pointing out that KA ultimately is responsible for the level of wages.

So much for living within our means.

I know it applies to others, but we were given a fanfare of financial prudence and criticisms of the previous regime by the current one.

I certainly don't see any reasons to be spaffing thanks in his direction.

Aye not before time. 

They're getting defensive

Mike Smith: "We couldn't back a protest. 

Fan is getting a bit heated.

Maggie Tetlow: "We couldn't as an official body back something that we had on control over."

So according to this trust goon there were loads of wealthy groups wanting to buy from ED but he refused them all....to sell to DH for £1. Yet now there is nobody at all wanting to buy us with suitable funds.

I believe the latter. The former just is the same nonsense we’ve heard repeated for years. And doesn’t make sense. Also the claim admin solves everything is equally laughable. 

The ST owning any part of this football club would be as bad if not worse than Ken Anderson staying on.

Edited by bwfcfan5

12 minutes ago, Wigan White pt2 said:

What the hell is that Rigby fella going on about with him having read "We could go into admin and it would only cost £750k to keep the club running"....unless you know for certain, then keep your gob shut and dont make shit up as you go along.

Given the wage bill for playing staff only is £600K then he’s talking rubbish...

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Unfortunately if KA decides to respond to this meeting (100% he'll be watching) then that comment alone will gain the full force of his attention, nothing else.

I’m not there but think that is being misread. Think it’s the trust suggesting that there is no evidence of wrongdoing so people should be careful with accusations unless they have that evidence....

All this talk of what Derby spend, West Brom etc 

Largely irrelevant 

signing players that have inflated our wage bill beyond what we can afford is irresponsible and if it puts a final nail in our coffin then it’s on Ken 

Dont commit to spending more than you have coming in unless your willing to put your own money in (like other owners)

Would our squad be that much worse than it is now? Can’t get much fucking worse surely 

Wasting wages on players your manager doesn’t fancy isn’t a great bit of business either 

Which ever way you cut the cake it’s rank bad ownership from Ken, sure he will find a way of blaming someone else though 

3 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Appreciate that you are new but it has been through a zillion times on here.

Eddie - the poster on here, not the late benefactor, went through years of accounts and got it to about £150 million if you exclude rolled up interest. 

Fair enough. As you say I'm new here and don't wish to derail the thread any more than has happened already. I based my comment on a couple of conversations I've had with people who know more than I do but I've not been through the accounts and respect anyone that's put the leg work in sufficient to leave it at that.