Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

Correct 

I feel that’s probably the last we will hear from him for a while 

he’s not provided any specific update, just gone off on a rant about everything & everyone 

refers to himself and the late ED as though they’re the same. The guys a wanker. Full on fucking crank. I am firmly on the get him away from us at any cost bus now 

Before ED stopped funding the club - did he receive abuse? Because I don't remember that. I remember general sympathy for him that he's shoved over £100M in and we'd little to show for it. 

Re the latest Chairmans rants

Those of a nervous disposition shouldn't read it, its all our fault etc etc...

When he mentions Ed Davies not being welcome, I don't recall any of us being particularly angry towards him - in fact he was always ready for a chat when he was seen at games. So its a bit rich of the deluded idiot to keep dragging ED in as justification for not even being bothered about the club.

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Before ED stopped funding the club - did he receive abuse? Because I don't remember that. I remember general sympathy for him that he's shoved over £100M in and we'd little to show for it. 

Plenty had him down for syphoning off millions to be fair

More balanced view on here at the time of I recall but plenty stick elsewhere 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

One decided to stop funding after propping up £180m

the other because he received nasty words on the internet and funded £1.5m which he has taken back plus some 

every word that cunt spews gets me even more annoyed. He wants fucking shooting

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yes plenty on here and elsewhere explained how he was lining his own pockets by the interest he was charging.

The people wanted Sam sacked.

They do not go to many games these for a a whole string of reasons.

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Plenty had him down for syphoning off millions to be fair

More balanced view on here at the time of I recall but plenty stick elsewhere 

A few cranks. You get that everywhere. I don't recall widespread anger/moaning directed at ED directly - until of course he turned the taps off....

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, hughmungus said:

Re the latest Chairmans rants

Those of a nervous disposition shouldn't read it, its all our fault etc etc...

When he mentions Ed Davies not being welcome, I don't recall any of us being particularly angry towards him - in fact he was always ready for a chat when he was seen at games. So its a bit rich of the deluded idiot to keep dragging ED in as justification for not even being bothered about the club.

He's a spoilt brat, taken his ball home because he was shitter than his mates. 

Kunt.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Some things don't change, including that fucking tank top!

But basically what he's saying, like someone has stated above, "Its not my fault and everybody else has an agenda against him"

From a hotel perspective I remember Ken telling us he had re-nogatiated the terms with Heathcote and the hotel was doing well. Seems to contradict himself a lot, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, it may turn out to be reet, it may not. No Fucker knows apart from Nixon & Jim

Aye Ken has told us numerous times how he has improved deals only to slag those deal of in the next couple of months.

• Site Supporter

Telling staff a sale is imminent is a good way to keep them there as long as possible.

Kens notes are always a bit narcissistic, but that one has extremely troubling undertones.

No buyer even alluded to.

Hope I’m very wrong, but this is a bit doom-laden if you ask me.

Just now, Spider said:

Telling staff a sale is imminent is a good way to keep them there as long as possible.

Kens notes are always a bit narcissistic, but that one has extremely troubling undertones.

No buyer even alluded to.

Hope I’m very wrong, but this is a bit doom-laden if you ask me.

Nixon saying this is to "soften the blow" when Bassini is paraded round the ground wearing a BWFC scarf....

We'll see.

20% of turnover from catering seems about right to me 

The most popular item will be a pint at say £4 

the duty is say £0.80, the club then gets its 20% another £0.64 which leaves circa £2.60 for heathcoat

I’m not 100% sire what a barrel of beer costs but believe your looking at about £1.50 a pint? Leaves heatcoates just over £1 to pay all the kiosk staff and try to turn a profit 

It doesn’t quite feel like the ‘bad deal’ that Ken has made it out to be for me, just feels like another excercise in passing the book 

We certainly won’t be rolling in extra money if / when heathcoat is removed 

It doesn't sound good does it. Think he was right about funding clubs outside the premiership. Without speaking ill of those no longer with us I can't get my head around business people allowing the club to incur the millions of pounds of debt when quite clearly it couldn't survive outside the prem. I get the issue of trying to get promotion but there should always be a plan B. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

20% of turnover from catering seems about right to me 

The most popular item will be a pint at say £4 

the duty is say £0.80, the club then gets its 20% another £0.64 which leaves circa £2.60 for heathcoat

I’m not 100% sire what a barrel of beer costs but believe your looking at about £1.50 a pint? Leaves heatcoates just over £1 to pay all the kiosk staff and try to turn a profit 

It doesn’t quite feel like the ‘bad deal’ that Ken has made it out to be for me, just feels like another excercise in passing the book 

We certainly won’t be rolling in extra money if / when heathcoat is removed 

Heathcote had stopped food hadn't they?

But ale was still flowing- is it through a different lot?

5 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

It doesn't sound good does it. Think he was right about funding clubs outside the premiership. Without speaking ill of those no longer with us I can't get my head around business people allowing the club to incur the millions of pounds of debt when quite clearly it couldn't survive outside the prem. I get the issue of trying to get promotion but there should always be a plan B. 

plan B was gartsides premier league 2