Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Hate to be all doom & gloom but what manager we going to attract with Laurence Bassini as our chairman & our reputation being a complete mess. Think we only have one choice to promote David Lee that’s if he wants it. 

Jobs to be done this summer.

• Sack Parkinson and his backroom staff.

• Cut loose the majority of these shit players.

• Hire a fucking maintenance team to tidy up the stadium and give it a wash.. oh and re paint the concourse it looks like a fucking youth club.

• Hire a manager that likes to play attack minded football.

• Tie down Connell and any other younger lad that may be good enough.

If you’re reading, Mr Bassini, get all these jobs done over the next few months and the fans will back you for the new season.

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

If we get the likes of Williams in as chairman then I doubt we will struggle to attract a decent manager 

*for league 1 any road 

On Williams, any sign of him today? He is my glimmer of hope that this whole thing isn’t just a mirage! 

Very good pals with a certain Sam Allardyce is John Williams 

The new owner will pot PP for the reasons Mounts said but at least he got the point I was making.

U23s football in this country is a shit idea and gives a shit product and managing at that level has absolutely no relation to managing a professional team so we shouldn't just give David Lee the job because he's been what is seen as successful at that level.

I hope I'm not right with this because I always want people to do well but Connell will leave us in the off season and go to a club higher up the pecking order where he will play in their 23s and then go out on loan a la Williams and Connolly and Robinson and then end up scrabbling around for a contract at league 1 or maybe championship level at a push for the rest of his career.

He is a million miles away from being a player we can base a team around and at his age it shouldn't even be being put on his shoulders in the way some people are suggesting we do.

As an aside, I'd renew my ST tonight even if it meant having to sit downstairs.

Is Dave Richards set to be our next director of football, if this does happen we might have hope? We generally need someone with a good enough plan for our club who’s not short sighted as Anderson was, how many players have we had who have just been on a contract till end of the season. 

This place is as bad as twitter now. Sack Parkinson. Hire David Lee, Fucking ten year old kids type stuff.

Nobody knows the shit Parky has had to deal with behind the scenes. Just appointing a manager who wants to play attacking football isn’t a guarantee of anything. See Owen Coyle and Neil Lennon. We need a manager who gets results. I couldn’t care less how they get them.

Lets see what Bassini does. If he gets cleared....

11 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

This place is as bad as twitter now. Sack Parkinson. Hire David Lee, Fucking ten year old kids type stuff.

Nobody knows the shit Parky has had to deal with behind the scenes. Just appointing a manager who wants to play attacking football isn’t a guarantee of anything. See Owen Coyle and Neil Lennon. We need a manager who gets results. I couldn’t care less how they get them.

my thaughts exactly. club has been in dire streits all season. was lucky stay up last season. if we had no problem off putch think we may of stayed up or still be fighting.

14 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Who gives a fuck what Parkinson has had to put up with, he’s insisted on playing route one shocking football, played the same players over and over, lost countless games, frozen out players who can get their foot on the ball.

fucking madness that you tried to defend parky 

Edited by RatchetMan

14 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It’s not just the attacking play 

it’s the constant changes and baffling selections 

the man is driving fans away 

1 minute ago, sleepingindian said:

my thaughts exactly. club has been in dire streits all season. was lucky stay up last season. if we had no problem off putch think we may of stayed up or still be fighting.

The off field problems didn’t affect Parkinson’s tactics or selections? 

And all this about the players not being paid is very convenient for those shit bags. Something to hide behind..

They've only not been paid for 3 times, as Ken stated, what about all the other games they’ve lost?

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

My direct debit is being cancelled. Until I know where the club is heading, not throwing any more money at it.

Once sorted it's easy enough to get back in.

Me too, and I've missed 1 league game at this stadium, I would absolutely hate not going but I can't support another parky team. PS If we cancel our season ticket now do we miss the Brentford game but save £40? Very tempting.

People looking for excuses to stop going. That’s what happens when a team goes diwn.

if we’re winning in L1 then you’ll be back.

if we’re winning in the Championship then some of them others will be back 

if we’re winning in the Premier then we’ll be back to 20k+

thats the way it works 

9 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Who gives a fuck what Parkinson has had to put up with, he’s insisted on playing route one shocking football, played the same players over and over, lost countless games, frozen out players who can get their foot on the ball.

fucking madness that you tried to defend parky 

I can safely say you’ve never managed any organisation of any size. If you can’t realise how stuff behind the scenes affects people’s morale and chips away at spirit. That matters a lot more than tactics- which are hugely overplayed anyway. 

Anyhow I hope we get a manager who knows league one and how to get out of it. It’s not a league for niceties or fancy stuff. Need someone experienced at digging out results.

• Site Supporter

Each to their own but the club is fucked so stopping direct debits or not renewing ain’t going to help matters. I can fully understand it though.

The club needs to make it easier for fans to spend money though. Contactless bars, quicker beer pouring stations etc.

i really hope everyone renews and hopefully a few lapsed ones do too knowing how close we are to going tits up.i don’t hold my breath though

4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Each to their own but the club is fucked so stopping direct debits or not renewing ain’t going to help matters. I can fully understand it though.

The club needs to make it easier for fans to spend money though. Contactless bars, quicker beer pouring stations etc.

i really hope everyone renews and hopefully a few lapsed ones do too knowing how close we are to going tits up.i don’t hold my breath though

Problem is not the fact people don't want to spend money at the club, the problem lies in the product on offer, there are thousands of current season ticket holders that have given it up this season and they will be hard to lure back under the current management.

I Hope Parkinson fucks off because I dont think a lot of season tickets will renew unless he does

It's like paying to watch a film at the cinema and it being the worst film you have watched and then going back the week after to watch it again