Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

To be clear he's saying the players striking was the surprise!

If that’s the case, it makes the “in the next week or so” comment from him even more ridiculous. There will be no more games left to refuse to play “in the next week or so”.

Just now, Jol_BWFC said:

If that’s the case, it makes the “in the next week or so” comment from him even more ridiculous. There will be no more games left to refuse to play “in the next week or so”.

Possibly he did not know whether they'd push the button today or before the Forest game?

As most of us know this has been coming for a long time, maybe something like this was needed a while back so that the truth about the club would have come out. In all my time of watching football I can only remember Geotge Eastham going on a one man strike , never a full squad. The future if we have one certainly doesn't look great. After feeling a little bit positive after the takeover was said to have been completed subject to EFL approval we find ourselves fretting for the future of our club. The people responsible for the financial ruining of our club should be fully investigated 

8 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

if  they refuse to play we’re does that leave us just forfeit the games or points deduction for next season as punishment ?  

There might not be a next season, it's not even hyperbole anymore the club is absolutely shagged.

Tommy, the people responsible for ruining our club are dead! 

KA done his best, but not good enough, out of his depth, although I think he has been handsomely rewarded for his effort no matter what the outcome.

Nobody seems to genuinely know what assets we still have, if any.

not only is the cupboard bare but we’ve sold the cupboard, probably got a loan against it as well .

58 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Nixon replying to a question on admin.

Alan Nixon Retweeted James Booth

All sorts going on. But that was the ‘surprise’. May not be only one.

I thought yesterday he'd attached a smiley face to his 'surprise' message.  The git had put me at ease with that.  Folk want to be more careful with their emojis if you ask me.

Players need to strike to bring this sorry saga to a head.

those that are out of contract at the end of the season got a better chance of getting paid now whilst they still got something to bargain with rather than after they’ve walked away and new owner (?) says nowt to do with me 

Just now, Big E said:

Admin is not an option as we don’t have money to fund it. 

Is it feasible - and indeed legal - for a "mystery buyer" to loan the cost of admin to the club, then buy the club on the cheap from admin using their creditor status on the loan as part-payment? Sounds dodgy but do-able to me.

51 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Possibly he did not know whether they'd push the button today or before the Forest game?

Or he just didn't know at all 

He talks in a very ambiguous way at the best of times so his words can be twisted to fit any outcome 

• Site Supporter

just been told by a "source" 

Bassini HAS paid the hotel debt to HMRC - that's why players have still not been paid.

man in a pub with a dog wink wink

can't say more 

love 

Howard 

13 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Is it feasible - and indeed legal - for a "mystery buyer" to loan the cost of admin to the club, then buy the club on the cheap from admin using their creditor status on the loan as part-payment? Sounds dodgy but do-able to me.

That's what Anderson was angling for right up to the last minute before Bassini said "oh go on then" last week wasn't it?

8 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

just been told by a "source" 

Bassini HAS paid the hotel debt to HMRC - that's why players have still not been paid.

man in a pub with a dog wink wink

can't say more 

love 

Howard 

Wonder if Bassini has completed a deal to buy the hotel as presumably no need to wait for EFL approval on this. 

I also understood that KA said previously there was money in the accounts to pay the wages, the problem being the accounts have been frozen.  I guess the away ticket sales from the Villa game would cover a fair chunk of the wages.