Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

12 hours ago, hughmungus said:

He said that there had been 2 more offers to buy today to Richards and Bassini would make £20mill but he said no because he loves the club 

I’m not sure this has had enough attention.

Proper full-on moonman tackle, that. 

8 hours ago, waddy256 said:

point taken , for some reason I feel numb to all this right now , not sure why or that I can explain it.

That's because you don't support a football team to be involved in all this. You do it to watch football and hope for wins on a Saturday and progress. 

5 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Yes thought that was the most revealing bit of his crackpot interview, did he say to much or was he making it up ?

He kept saying “you can ring Sir Dave Richards and he will confirm”.

He was one step short of saying “I swear on your life it’s true”

With Brentford and Forest not threatening the play off places I can understand why the EFL went down this road but I'm wondering if the game would have been postponed if the match had been against e.g. Boro, Derby or Bristol? TBF the EFL must be getting mightily pissed off with us now and sympathy for our situation must be evaporating.

Other question is postponed until when? 

Just now, Hoppy510 said:

With Brentford and Forest not threatening the play off places I can understand why the EFL went down this road but I'm wondering if the game would have been postponed if the match had been against e.g. Boro, Derby or Bristol? TBF the EFL must be getting mightily pissed off with us now and sympathy for our situation must be evaporating.

When Blackpool got abandoned the other year they didn’t bother replaying it because it didn’t affect the promotion or relegation issues, but surely the league position would have an effect on prize money. 

Also hard to see the difference between not fulfilling the season and our record being expunged versus just not bothering playing the Brentford and Forest games. Especially as the former could have huge repercussions at both ends of the table. 

Presume the EFL are still clinging to the idea that the "deal" will get sorted out, wages paid, players calm TF down and it will be back to business as usual in no time. Optimistic IMO.

Noticed Chorley didn't waste any time in offering a special deal for Wanderers and Brentford fans.

3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

That’s what efl say, we need to complete fixtures 

Just read a tweet from Illes, we have to complete the fixtures regardless of who we play. 

Hey BWFC! I’m ready to step in. I’ll play any position and available for both matches. 

20 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

The EFL themselves are'nt up to scratch their fpp vetting is a joke they just try to cover their own arses dishing out points deductions etc 

They are not fit for purpose .