Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

6 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

I really dislike it when people talk in riddles to try and make themselves look clever or superior, it’s so unnecessary..

Fuckin hell this thread won’t be for you then matey, what a crock of shit. Some poor souls build genuine hope from it though, that’s the sAd thing 

7 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Well I'm off to my pit now after another 'black dog mounts day' Wife telling me to stop being so aggresive about life brexit & all the other inconsequential  shite .

Couldnt give a rats arse about any of it really , just want my fucking BWFC to survive

Aye I've not been much fun to be around recently either. It's a cloud that follows me about.

Looking forward to the future is a large part of what being a football fan about. You lose a game - there's always another one on the horizon. In May you're looking forward to a few new signings in the Summer. With Bolton Wanderers slipping away from us the absence of "looking to the future" is very difficult to digest. The day I look forward to is when we are in a stable position like the one Phil Neal handed over to Bruce Rioch. At the minute that feels light years away and there's a lot of bleakness to get through before getting there.

Two further observations 

1. If we survive liquidation and start next year in the football league I wish the EFL would just relegate us to League 2 as our punishment and allow us to start again from there with no points deductions. That way 3 points means 3 points and we have a season and a future to build, something to sell to potential new players. It won't happen - but to me it'd be a decent outcome

2. The EFL clearly sanctioned Ken Anderson back in 15/16 and he has proved to be anything but a fit and proper person to be the custodian of a founder member of the football league. As such they need to take a long hard look at themselves before they start doling out heavy punishments. Any punishment would effectively be being given to the  footballing community who will continue to support Bolton Wanderers, none of whom are responsible for this mess.

2 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Looking forward to the future is a large part of what being a football fan about. You lose a game - there's always another one on the horizon. In May you're looking forward to a few new signings in the Summer. With Bolton Wanderers slipping away from us the absence of "looking to the future" is very difficult to digest. The day I look forward to is when we are in a stable position like the one Phil Neal handed over to Bruce Rioch. At the minute that feels light years away and there's a lot of bleakness to get through before getting there.

Two further observations 

1. If we survive liquidation and start next year in the football league I wish the EFL would just relegate us to League 2 as our punishment and allow us to start again from there with no points deductions. That way 3 points means 3 points and we have a season and a future to build, something to sell to potential new players. It won't happen - but to me it'd be a decent outcome

2. The EFL clearly sanctioned Ken Anderson back in 15/16 and he has proved to be anything but a fit and proper person to be the custodian of a founder member of the football league. As such they need to take a long hard look at themselves before they start doling out heavy punishments. Any punishment would effectively be being given to the  footballing community who will continue to support Bolton Wanderers, none of whom are responsible for this mess.

interesting from marc. said he spoke to a lot of people and recons teams wouldnt vote us out of the league if we had a pheonex team. so some hope 

4 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

interesting from marc. said he spoke to a lot of people and recons teams wouldnt vote us out of the league if we had a pheonex team. so some hope 

I’m hoping that we don’t become a Phoenix team, our football club has nearly 150 years of history we’ve just been listed as 13th most successful club in England over that period, to lose all that history by becoming a Phoenix club would for me be a step too far. We must survive in our current format.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m hoping that we don’t become a Phoenix team, our football club has nearly 150 years of history we’ve just been listed as 13th most successful club in England over that period, to lose all that history by becoming a Phoenix club would for me be a step too far. We must survive in our current format.

if there ever was. it will always be bwfc to me just a name change 

I find this idea of a phoenix club utter pie in the sky fantasy. Just do not see a fan base as tight, as motivated, as "politically" savvy, as empowered as somewhere like Portsmouth or AFC Wimbledon.

Slightly different situations yes, but I feel some people look to them as a kind of last get out clause "ah we'd just do what Wimbledon have and start at bottom". Few good days out then back in league in a few years. I'm not having it.

It's easy to spout once in never out bollocks on Twitter.

I strongly believe we will survive. There will be numerous interested parties in the club from an admin perspective. 

A football club is no different than any other business in that a purchase from admin is often a necessary exercise  

I’ve been involved in placing a number of businesses into administration and liquidation/receivership from a lenders perspective and it’s a formal process that has a purpose and I’ve no doubt that we will go in and be bought out of admin with a cleaner slate and more stable. 

Isnt going to be pretty but let’s take a massive sense of comfort from all the other clubs that have done it and actually prospered it just takes time 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

What £1m would that be? Could it be the nearly £1m Deano spent on fees (according to ST Chair Rigby) on the off-chance that ED would give him BWFC for nowt?

Could it be the difference beween the £5m Blumarble faciliity and the £4m the club received?

Could it be the £472K Inner Circle spent on shares, plus the £250K paid to Deano in May 2016, plus his salary, plus compensation for loss of office, plus his legal fees and the further £150K paid to Quantuma to prevent Blumarble foreclosing on the club in 2017.

Anyway its all been fully explained by the ST,  the Beeno and the accounts of Sports Shield BWFC Ltd, hasn't it?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09910069/filing-history

That's what I wanted him to find out

19 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I find this idea of a phoenix club utter pie in the sky fantasy. Just do not see a fan base as tight, as motivated, as "politically" savvy, as empowered as somewhere like Portsmouth or AFC Wimbledon.

I think Pompey and Wimbledon look like that from the outside but no doubt they had their rows, people pulling in different directions etc at the time.

You'll always get your arm chair critics who'll sit back, snipe and offer feck all but there'd be enough motivated savvy people who love BWFC who'd get us through if it came to it.

1 minute ago, Duck Egg said:

I think Pompey and Wimbledon look like that from the outside but no doubt they had their rows, people pulling in different directions etc at the time.

You'll always get your arm chair critics who'll sit back, snipe and offer feck all but there'd be enough motivated savvy people who love BWFC who'd get us through if it came to it.

Well the ST would probably be the first to claim they were forming the "real" Bolton 2.0... and how much strife would that cause?

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Well the ST would probably be the first to claim they were forming the "real" Bolton 2.0... and how much strife would that cause?

Oh aye but we'd all have to throw our weight behind it and weed out the numpties and unqualified as we went along

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I’m not sure why it should cause any strife at all really 

A supporters trust is a supporters trust, the people running it would be voted in by the members 

If push came to shove them I’d like to think  the vast majority of Bolton fans would get behind a supporters trust / Bolton 2.0 and the people leading the trust could easily be voted out if necessary 

Whats the point in walking away when it’s an elected leadership that can be changed? 

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

A supporters trust is a supporters trust, the people running it would be voted in by the members 

If push came to shove them I’d like to think  the vast majority of Bolton fans would get behind a supporters trust / Bolton 2.0 and the people leading the trust could easily be voted out if necessary 

Whats the point in walking away when it’s an elected leadership that can be changed? 

I think it’s more that some WW members don’t like the ST. Interest would surely be ramped up massively if we go to the wall.

4 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Honestly couldn’t think of anything worse than watching us Vs Solihull Moors infront of 800

all pretending it’s a fresh start, it’s good news and we’re all enjoying it. Bollocks 

Solihull Moors might be in the league in 2 weeks, in a stadium with about 700 seats. Might have to aim lower!

5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

On the contrary I think there'd be arguments about every single detail of the new club from name to staff to ground to kit to office stationery! 

If it came to it, I'd have no other choice but to support them but i think it would be a hard, hard slog.

That's why this battered, bruised, diseased shell of a club we currently have needs to be saved. And quick!

39 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Image result for brian potter

Someone say Phoenix Club??

Build it and they will come.

Although in reality, I reckon a starter outfit would flop in Bolton. Apathy rules.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Honestly couldn’t think of anything worse than watching us Vs Solihull Moors infront of 800

all pretending it’s a fresh start, it’s good news and we’re all enjoying it. Bollocks 

Losing the game would be a little bit shit.