Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

35 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Happy to meet. No need to shout the ales though. This lot being shared is long, long overdue. Doing no good gathering dust in a box! 

Brilliant. We’ll see about the beers! 

After searching for years consigned myself to never seeing old vids like yours. Thank god you kept them. Be good to meet and share some stories. 

22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It was reported that the judge wasn't impressed by the fact that ken wasn't represented.

Maybe that bit was bull, whatever the case Ken's a gigantic sub-human monstrous scummy CUNT.

Listened to today’s The Wanderer podcast on the way back from down south this afternoon

Decent listen and good explanation of what happened today in court and subsequent ramifications

Folk may not like Jack And Maggie (personally don’t mind them) but finding it quite informative at the moment fwiw. More so than a lot of stuff on here if I’m honest

5 minutes ago, BoltonBoy80 said:

Brilliant. We’ll see about the beers! 

After searching for years consigned myself to never seeing old vids like yours. Thank god you kept them. Be good to meet and share some stories. 

Gonna keep posting over the Summer. January 1986 to January 1988 - although I've loads of Roadrunner stuff from after that as well. And some stuff from the 1970's. Be a nice distraction from the horrors of the modern day.

What I'd really like to see is stuff from 1980-1985.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Listened to today’s The Wanderer podcast on the way back from down south this afternoon

Decent listen and good explanation of what happened today in court and subsequent ramifications

Folk may not like Jack And Maggie (personally don’t mind them) but finding it quite informative at the moment fwiw. More so than a lot of stuff on here if I’m honest

Didn't know there was such a thing! Soon got it done too.

4 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

When the dust settles on this rancid affair a fair bit of hatchet burying needs to take place . I am the first to admit I gave Anderson too much credit (only game in town etc) but its become clear that he is a tank top wearing cunt of the lowest calibre .

The derision the 'Anderson out' brigade got on here was shall we say in hindsight a bit arrogant.Just because you are eighteen years old  & calling him out doesnt make you wrong .Similarly the local journo sometimes with justification getting dogs abuse but not  everytime he commits to print.

The ST have been a huge disapointment to us all but do we stand back chucking bricks into their yard or try to mitigate the lack of transparency by getting a few real heads in there to shake them up a bit & help limit their unwarranted ambition.

Going down a division means less of us to keep the faith a bit more tolerance to fellow whites might help. Taking the piss aside obviously.

Mea culpa

Great post. It’s clear no one other than BWFC fans give 2 fucks, we could have disappeared without trace and got 20 seconds mention on most news channels while a Liverpool win no matter how big got hours of air time.

We  need to stick together as fans, let’s keep it tight boys and girls. 👍

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

I've been somewhat confused/misled with what Iles said on his blog earlier today -

Question to Iles - Morning Marc, who from the club will be present at the High Court today?

Iles reply -

8:05am

My money would be on Paul Aldridge - although that has not been confirmed. Hillary Stonefrost also fighting the good fight.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17625029.wanderers-live-latest-on-administration-and-high-court-hearing/

I'm still not sure if Hillary was there or not, and if she was, was she the barrister representing Moonshift exclusively, or was she not there at all and Iles had just made it up?

He said it was what he'd put his money on, and was posted about three hours before the hearing. It was hardly a crazy guess either.

But y'know, esteemed Lies Beeno painting his kids bedroom, trying to overthrow Ken for the ST etc. etc.

2 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

When the dust settles on this rancid affair a fair bit of hatchet burying needs to take place . I am the first to admit I gave Anderson too much credit (only game in town etc) but its become clear that he is a tank top wearing cunt of the lowest calibre .

The derision the 'Anderson out' brigade got on here was shall we say in hindsight a bit arrogant.Just because you are eighteen years old  & calling him out doesnt make you wrong .Similarly the local journo sometimes with justification getting dogs abuse but not  everytime he commits to print.

The ST have been a huge disapointment to us all but do we stand back chucking bricks into their yard or try to mitigate the lack of transparency by getting a few real heads in there to shake them up a bit & help limit their unwarranted ambition.

Going down a division means less of us to keep the faith a bit more tolerance to fellow whites might help. Taking the piss aside obviously.

Mea culpa

The ST have been Grade 1 assoles from start to finish. They have been actively pushing admin for the last few months which means small traders supplying BWFC are going to lose a fortune for them.

5 minutes ago, passmosster said:

The ST have been Grade 1 assoles from start to finish. They have been actively pushing admin for the last few months which means small traders supplying BWFC are going to lose a fortune for them.

Perhaps they knew admin was certain and triggered earlier would have saved local businesses from supplying more goods and losing more money.  For me the ST called it right and king ken lovers called it wrong. 

6 minutes ago, passmosster said:

Lets be honest they have had zero influence over the decisions taken 

Totally out of order small companies losing money over this & you may be correct about their direction of travel but ultimately there is only one individual responsible for this fiasco.

10 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Mea culpa

Yep. Great post. Now that we've (almost) reached the bottom it's time we stopped fighting amongst ourselves and came together. Everyone has an opinion and no-one is completely right. Time for compromise from all sides. In-fighting allows the true enemy to silently slip away unpunished

4 minutes ago, passmosster said:

Today's podcast that I referred to makes me agree that we should have gone into admin a lot earlier. Those small traders would have lost less than they will do as they wouldn't have been trading with a "bust" business for so long so maybe time to admit that the ST did actually have a point? Maybe not put across in a good way but hindsight is wonderful. Don't get me wrong I'm not bigging up the ST as they have an awful lot to learn but time to concede that they could be an asset if they also conceded that they aren't always correct 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Perhaps they knew admin was certain and triggered earlier would have saved local businesses from supplying more goods and losing more money.  For me the ST called it right and king ken lovers called it wrong. 

Points scoring mounts ?  Ffs can we move forward.

No matter how badly it turns out, KA kept the club going for 3 years when there were no other options, while the ST couldn't have kept it going for 3 minutes & have done nothing but sulk in the background hoping for failure.

I agree about us needing the fans to pull together, but think that the ST are more divisive than helpful, with a large number of long term fans thinking that they are more interested in their fantasy of running the club in some way, than in the best interests of the club as a whole.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bolton va va said:

No matter how badly it turns out, KA kept the club going for 3 years when there were no other options, while the ST couldn't have kept it going for 3 minutes & have done nothing but sulk in the background hoping for failure.

I agree about us needing the fans to pull together, but think that the ST are more divisive than helpful, with a large number of long term fans thinking that they are more interested in their fantasy of running the club in some way, than in the best interests of the club as a whole.

Pretty much my view on this. I’ve not contributed to their fighting fund, I don’t particularly trust them or their motives. If they move forward working with new owners, perhaps I’ll be inclined to change my tune

7 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Wonderful he kept it going and added a pile of debt, unpaid staff, players and suppliers. Mans a cunt. Yet we have fans still praising him. Only at Bolton. 

30 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Definitely called it right and if we had gone in Admin earlier the points would have been deducted this season ending and not effect us next

I was very much in the KA kept us alive camp and was the only show in town for a long time. 

But the manner in which he has handled the last few months is some of the worst management of a company I’ve ever seen. Whilst we May never know the full story it’s been horrendously handled and it appears has been done with the sole aim of lining his own pockets at any cost. 

The man is a cunt of the highest order and should never be allowed near a business again  simple as that  

53 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Mea culpa

Top post fella 👍

23 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

He was taking money out from day one and we are in a much worst state now three years down the line. He has screwed the club, the fans and every fucking working their over. He should be hung