Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, Boby Brno said:

FAKE NEWS.

Dear God you really are petty.

You are of course correct as I made a slight mistake rushing before my dinner went cold (Chippy tea to those who kindly enquired, fine dinning at Anderson place - or anywhere else - is not for me, as I walk away a fortune lighter yet still hungry), I had intended to put Burnden Leisure of course).

Still if you feel better for posting it Boby, then good for you.

1 minute ago, Sluffy said:

Dear God you really are petty.

You are of course correct as I made a slight mistake rushing before my dinner went cold (Chippy tea to those who kindly enquired, fine dinning at Anderson place - or anywhere else - is not for me, as I walk away a fortune lighter yet still hungry), I had intended to put Burnden Leisure of course).

Still if you feel better for posting it Boby, then good for you.

Sorry. I was being pedantic. A bad trait.

Just now, Boby Brno said:

Sorry. I was being pedantic. A bad trait.

It came across as having a snipe at me as you seem to perceive me to be a big Anderson fan and a hater of Iles and the ST

None of which is true but please carry on believing whatever it is you want, I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it.

Anyway back to my observations of other posts made today -

- Administrators talking to Wanderers Way and other fan sites

Nobody's made contact to Nuts - but to be fair we weren't expecting any.  I'm sure any comments from here would be fully endorsed by Nuts anyway.

- You can't chuck cash at a League 1 club / You can chuck cash at a League 1 club?

The answer seems to be you CAN.

Obviously we need to find a rich benefactor first but the following link (if the information is still current?) clearly indicates the owner CAN.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

and finally -

- Do I put gravy on my fish?

No, I prefer not to.  I usually order a large cod, lightly battered, with a small portion of chips (mushy peas if I'm back in Bolton but they either don't do them or get the hang of them right, down here in the south).

I do put tomato sauce on my chips.

No salt or vinegar for me.

Gravy on puddings (if back home) or on the odd time I have a chippy pie down here.

Life in the fast lane eh!

9 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I can just about put up with your 1 man crusade to argue with every other fucker on here about not a lot but you’ve crossed the line here. You wrong’un.

On 07/05/2019 at 14:43, Howardroark said:

What’s quite clear is that the ST have been offered a little sweetener.

Seeing as they get ‘first dibs’ on a purchase from admin, it makes sense for an interested party to team up with them to get the jump on the other bidders. Probably offered them some cash and may a non-exec position, possibly a wig for Will Jones too. 

The funding will presumably be to pay their legal costs in drafting a new agreement. Although odd that they don’t have any solicitors within their ranks offering pro bono work. 

The club has the funds to support itself through a summer administration period.

All that makes sense but you're going to have to expand on the important bit - why does Will Jones need a wig

Just now, Sluffy said:

Anyway back to my observations of other posts made today -

- Administrators talking to Wanderers Way and other fan sites

Nobody's made contact to Nuts - but to be fair we weren't expecting any.  I'm sure any comments from here would be fully endorsed by Nuts anyway.

- You can't chuck cash at a League 1 club / You can chuck cash at a League 1 club?

The answer seems to be you CAN.

Obviously we need to find a rich benefactor first but the following link (if the information is still current?) clearly indicates the owner CAN.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

and finally -

- Do I put gravy on my fish?

No, I prefer not to.  I usually order a large cod, lightly battered, with a small portion of chips (mushy peas if I'm back in Bolton but they either don't do them or get the hang of them right, down here in the south).

Gravy on puddings (if back home) or on the odd time I have a chippy pie down here.

Life in the fast lane eh!

That Financial Fair Play article is an interesting read. I didn't realise only top 2 divisions can't be bank rolled to promotion  (or to avoid relegation in our case). It probably means Salford will soon be in Div 1 as well.

12 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Real men have gravy on battered fish but i'd be checking the hard drive of anyone putting gravy on a grilled fillet of fish.

I'm a gravy on battered fish man, all day long, covered in it. Curry sauce on the chips and absolutely no qualms if it mixes with the gravy a bit.

Salt and vinegar all over the fackin lot as well. Hungry now.

Just now, Marc505 said:

I'm a gravy on battered fish man, all day long, covered in it. Curry sauce on the chips and absolutely no qualms if it mixes with the gravy a bit.

Fish covered in gravy placed on buttered flour cakes, few peas too.  Heaven :)

16 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Gravy AND Curry sauce?  on Fish and Chips?  Gip 🤢...Wways hits an all time low.

Edited by Burndens Bogs