Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

12 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Someone needs to put this on a full page of the London Evening Standard with Anderson’s and his restaurants name all over it and just shame the fucker. I don’t think there has ever been a more loathed man that him in the history of the club. I know 2 of the staff personally and the despair is now beyond extreme for them. 

I doubt that the people in London who pay that kind of money when they go out and eat would probably give a flying fuck about poor Northerners.  £19.50 for Fish and Chips at Langans.

2 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

I'm not a religious man in the slightest but from reading that massive praise has to go to Phil Mason the club chaplain. If all religious bods acted like him the world would be a much better place. 

Hope when all this dies down he gets the recognition he deserves. 

decent blokes are just decent blokes. hats off to him

2 hours ago, HomerJay said:

i would certainly consider them a "friendly" administrator on Kens side... He WILL win here.

I think this perception that he is smart surely has gone. The bloke isn’t a winner at all and his decisions appear to be more stupid by the minute

2 hours ago, HomerJay said:

do you think?

why would anybody care? deals to be had shirley?

Deals to be had will impact profitability wouldn’t it? 

Likewise, doesn’t the Hotel benefit from large group booking like the Jay Jay night that has been pulled 

I can’t see anyway that all this uncertainty is good for the Hotel 

The Hotel isn’t that profitable that they can ride this out in the black 

I’m sure they had to stop taking card payments at one stage, that’s not going to be any good for a hotel in 2019 

35 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Apparently Parkinson is helping the administrators and advising on the players who are left.

Somebody get him the fuck away from them. 

It will speed things up and who else is going to do it ?

I think we just need to get through this process and then assess the manager situation when a new owner is in place.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Full page article in todays Daily Mail.  Jesus its worse than i thought, never knew it was so bad for the staff, seriously.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7033459/Bolton-players-pain-demise-impact-non-playing-staff-truly-horrific.html

KA really has brought this club to it's knees

cunt

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

It will speed things up and who else is going to do it ?

I think we just need to get through this process and then assess the manager situation when a new owner is in place.

Yep. I think Parky being here next season is quite possible depending upon timing of things. But him helping an administrator however he can is a good thing. Parky has done an awful lot for the club and should be thanked instead of abused. He's a good sort. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Hopefully we will get the accounts unfrozen & get the pay situation sorted as soon as possible. Wonder what's going on with the Heathcotes business since the hotel has been shut? Will he not claim for damages to his business 

Heathcotes doesnt have a business in the hotel or stadium does he? his company is "just" the caterer. ie a supplier that was not required whilst the hotel was shut.

Edited by HomerJay

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Ffs! He's hiding behind this and using it for his failures, i reiterate the blokes managment skills are fucking inept, atrocious and his tactics belong to the dinosaur age at best. Get rid of the cunt before he does anymore fucking damage!

Has to be a joke this surely?

15 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Has to be a joke this surely?

People can play the "He has had a tough job" all they like. he is awful to  watch tactically. He should have been sacked when he started Wilbraham upfront against forest.

If he is in charge next season we will struggle to hit gates of 7k home fans.

5 minutes ago, Big E said:

People can play the "He has had a tough job" all they like. he is awful to  watch tactically. He should have been sacked when he started Wilbraham upfront against forest.

To be fair that's probably the only thing he did right in 3 years.

5 minutes ago, Big E said:

We're going to struggle regardless. The idea that a new manager will bring in more fans and suddenly play free flowing football is for the birds.

If new owners with budgets come in then there will have to be a decision taken and I suspect long term they will want their own man for sure. But whether/when that happens is unknown. Till then I'm glad Parky is here on our side. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We're going to struggle regardless. The idea that a new manager will bring in more fans and suddenly play free flowing football is for the birds.

If new owners with budgets come in then there will have to be a decision taken and I suspect long term they will want their own man for sure. But whether/when that happens is unknown. Till then I'm glad Parky is here on our side. 

Fans aren't under impressions it will magically change however i know most of them i go with / know will not be renewing if he is still here.

Whether he stays or goes, like him or don't like him, he did get us promoted back up from L1 at the first attempt last time and I'm sure he'll be using that as the main argument to whoever his new boss is to stay.

34 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Ffs! He's hiding behind this and using it for his failures, i reiterate the blokes managment skills are fucking inept, atrocious and his tactics belong to the dinosaur age at best. Get rid of the cunt before he does anymore fucking damage!

I doubt you know the square root of fuck all about management or tactics. If you do it certainly doesn't come across in the utter shit you post here.

Just now, chrisw99 said:

Whether he stays or goes, like him or don't like him, he did get us promoted back up from L1 at the first attempt last time and I'm sure he'll be using that as the main argument to whoever his new boss is to stay.

He tried his best to stop us though didn't he.

1 minute ago, Big E said:

Fans aren't under impressions it will magically change however i know most of them i go with / know will not be renewing if he is still here.

Those people will find an excuse regardless. "Not going till Megson/Coyle/Freedman/Gartside/Parky...." goes. Its utter bullshit.

Next season will be for the core fans because its going to be the grimmest season in the last 30 or so years. A fight for survival in league one with a squad assembled at best last minute, little planning and our better youngsters likely gone. I don't really think its going to be much more than 7-8K watching that regardless. And I personally think whether its Parky in charge or some other lower league manager the fans will moan either way. 

7 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

phill parkinson will know the youth players worth fighting for. and helping the admin team with that is nothing more then commendable.

I'd not want him passing on judgement of whether players are any good or not.

I’ll admit I’m in the party out brigade but only because I think it’s time for a change but I’ll put money on it most of the ones who are foaming at the mouth for him to go because of the style of football he plays are also the one creaming themselves at the thought of big Sam coming back. Irony in its purest form??? 😂

Edited by maje