Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, maje said:

I’ll admit I’m in the party out brigade but only because I think it’s time for a change but I’ll put money on it most of the ones who are foaming at the mouth for him to go because of the style of football he plays are also the one creaming themselves at the thought of big Sam coming back. Irony in its purest form??? 😂

this.

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

It’s KA’s twisted revenge for the “Anderson out” protests.

I think the wheels were in motion for this outcome long before the protests started

@maje Sam got the results though thats all that matters & did we really play shit football under him, I seen the best football in my lifetime under Sam its like night & day compared to Parkinson, we wouldn't of been anywhere near going up in League One if it wasn't for Madine or stayed up last season, he relied far too much from one player after that he was fucked. 

6 minutes ago, maje said:

I’ll admit I’m in the party out brigade but only because I think it’s time for a change but I’ll put money on it most of the ones who are foaming at the mouth for him to go because of the style of football he plays are also the one creaming themselves at the thought of big Sam coming back. Irony in its purest form??? 😂

I remember when Kevin Davies was suspended and we had Diouf and anelka upfront.

We didn’t just lump it, instead we played to the strengths of the players we had.

When Madine was injured or suspended we played le fondre upfront.

Parkinson decided to continue in the exact same style as if Madine was there. Needless to say we got done in by sheff Utd.

Nothing to do with style.

absolutely everything to do with complete tactical ineptness and a failure to correctly utilise the players you have personally bought and chosen.

Edited by Eavesy

The "next manager" problem is confounded by the fact we're in league one.    If and when we get back in the Championship we need a manager who can compete at that level and have a proper go at Premier League promotion.   Unfortunately the kind of managers with that experience are not going to want to come to a decimated team in League One (unless they have bottomless pockets and an embargo-less transfer window).

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I seem to have missed this but who put the hotel in admin? 

Got me thinking a bit this.

Irrespective of who it was (Iles thinks Anderson) I've mentioned before that there is no reason the hotel could not be sold separately from the club - the hotel owns the part of the stadium it inhabits - it doesn't rent or lease it from Burnden Aces Leisure (see what I did there Boby?) - and as far as I'm aware doesn't come under either the EFL ruling about paying a minimum amount to unsecured creditors, nor is encumbered by the ST's ACV - so there's no reason stopping it doing a Pre Pact type exit from Admin if agreeable by the major creditors - who seem to be Ken and Michael James.

Maybe the idea (or part of it) is for Bolton Ventures (Whites) to buy from Admin the hotel for say £5m which wipes the slate clean of Anderson's debt and would presumably satisfy MJ to some extent as being a director of the company - owning an assets (the hotel) of around £8m based on the last published accounts.  I would think anybody else bidding for the hotel would have to stump up nearer the £8m amount to be competitive - as James would need to be squared off as a secured creditor on the hotel as well as Ken.

It would also make sense of a later time reacquisition from whoever goes on to buy the club, having a 'friendly' owner of the hotel being a big BWFC fan himself.

All absolute speculation on my part, and probably wildly wrong in how things do eventually turn out to be but it does make some sense (at least to me) of why MJ is a director of a company who seemingly are vastly underfunded to take on the club, would eventually provide an exit from the scene for Anderson (although he still on paper at least is a director of the club, hotel and BL as well as still having Eddie's debt to deal with) reduce some of the creditors (those who are unsecured to the hotel specifically - Heathcote perhaps?), at a rate far less than 25p in the £(?), and still retain the hotel within the Bolton 'family and friends' community, whilst no longer for now being under the Burnden Leisure umbrella?

Anyway, and more importantly -  what should I have for my tea tonight?

Any suggestions?

53 minutes ago, maje said:

And Sams style of play was what then ?

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yep. I think Parky being here next season is quite possible depending upon timing of things. But him helping an administrator however he can is a good thing. Parky has done an awful lot for the club and should be thanked instead of abused. He's a good sort. 

Brilliant 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Those people will find an excuse regardless. "Not going till Megson/Coyle/Freedman/Gartside/Parky...." goes. Its utter bullshit.

Next season will be for the core fans because its going to be the grimmest season in the last 30 or so years. A fight for survival in league one with a squad assembled at best last minute, little planning and our better youngsters likely gone. I don't really think its going to be much more than 7-8K watching that regardless. And I personally think whether its Parky in charge or some other lower league manager the fans will moan either way. 

These aren't normal excuse finders. these are people who have gone for many years.

I will agree to disagree.

Parkinson is bobbins and would have gone if people had money / inclination to sack him.

24 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

And Sams style of play was what then ?

It was winning football and don’t get me wrong, I loved every minute of those years but please don’t pretend it was free flowing attacking football that a lot seem to misremember it being. By the time he actually left for Newcastle about 50% of the crowd wanted him out anyway because we didn’t have the Okochas, djorkaeffs anymore and his style of football was far from attractive. 

Edited by maje

@maje50% of the crowd wanted him out, I don't recall that one bit, we was on the cusp of Champions League football the season he left, if we backed with more money who knows where would of been & we still had Anelka when he left? 

Sams football always fitted the players he had. He was only forced down a route when he wasn’t able to sign replacements for Anelka etc because by then many others, including Mouriniho at Chelsea, were doing the same thing and winning titles and cups.

His football was always good to watch as it got results and we weren’t the turgid shitstorm we are now and have been for last 10yrs.

And he didn’t leave us for Newcastle.

Edited by hughmungus

9 minutes ago, maje said:

It was winning football and don’t get me wrong, I loved every minute of those years but please don’t pretend it was free flowing attacking football that a lot seem to misremember it being. By the time he actually left for Newcastle about 50% of the crowd wanted him out anyway because we didn’t have the Okochas, djorkaeffs anymore and his style of football was far from attractive. 

Think your chatting utter tosh 

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Its not bullshit, people have better things to spend their well earned coin on than going watching the shit he serves up. 

For the record I'm still going, but I won't be having a pop at those that don't.

Of course. But people will not go regardless. I'm not exactly looking forward to watching it. Next few years likely to be grim. But eventually good times will come back. That's football. Its less enjoyable for me if I just drift in and out whenever the club does well and leave it when its a tough watch. But that's just me. And whether its Parky or any other manager who might come here in our mess I'm not sure it will change what we see on the pitch and the type of season we have at all. 

19 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

@maje50% of the crowd wanted him out, I don't recall that one bit, we was on the cusp of Champions League football the season he left, if we backed with more money who knows where would of been & we still had Anelka when he left? 

Okay maybe not wanted him out. But far from happy with the style of football. I edited Anelka as I realise we still had him when he left. 

20 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Sams football always fitted the players he had. He was only forced down a route when he wasn’t able to sign replacements for Anelka etc because by then many others, including Mouriniho at Chelsea, were doing the same thing and winning titles and cups.

His football was always good to watch as it got results and we weren’t the turgid shitstorm we are now and have been for last 10yrs.

And he didn’t leave us for Newcastle.

May not have left us directly for Newcastle but if you don’t believe he already knew he had the job when he left us I think you may be a bit naive!!

14 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

I wouldn't mind Parkinson's shit football if he got results, that's the part all that matters. The fact he doesn't get the results combined with shit football is the reason he needs to go. 

He got results until the situation at the club became generally intolerable.

I think we do need a refresh. But Parky did a good job in difficult circumstances until this season when clearly everything fell apart on and off the field. He's a good bloke to have around for a bit. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He got results until the situation at the club became generally intolerable.

I think we do need a refresh. But Parky did a good job in difficult circumstances until this season when clearly everything fell apart on and off the field. He's a good bloke to have around for a bit. 

Think you need to re think that statement 

will write the last 3 months off fair enough 

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Ive seen it first hand home and away, but ehh your a fucking professor so what do i know.

What's more, you're not paid to manage the team either. Like the rest of us, just pay to watch the shite he turned out on the grass.

And like the vast majority, do want to watch any more.

It's a stupid argument, to suggest a fan couldn't do any better.

As fans we're on the opposite side of the fence so to speak, and all decent owners/chairmen respond when such opinion shows up in financial figures.

Sadly, as nice a chap as Parky is, he has to be removed as manager as part of the rebuilding.