Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

7 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He got results until the situation at the club became generally intolerable.

I think we do need a refresh. But Parky did a good job in difficult circumstances until this season when clearly everything fell apart on and off the field. He's a good bloke to have around for a bit. 

The old recreating history strikes again.

hes been shit for quite some time.

people may have excuses but Parky staying is one that can be changed (hopefully). lovely fella i am sure but refusing to play people and his general stubborness is not what we need

10 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Think you need to re think that statement 

will write the last 3 months off fair enough 

It was shit all season behind the scenes. Remember players striking pre-season? It affects things.

Parky has by all accounts worked his socks off and gone above and beyond for the club. That's commendable. He probably would like a fresh start somewhere too, but I'd not knock what he did here. And I think regardless of the manager this season was going to end up like this. See Neil Lennon fail here in similar circumstances. 

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

It was shit all season behind the scenes. Remember players striking pre-season? It affects things.

Parky has by all accounts worked his socks off and gone above and beyond for the club. That's commendable. He probably would like a fresh start somewhere too, but I'd not knock what he did here. And I think regardless of the manager this season was going to end up like this. See Neil Lennon fail here in similar circumstances. 

I’m not just talking about this season pal

dont forget we have had 2 previous seasons with him 

3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I’m not just talking about this season pal

dont forget we have had 2 previous seasons with him 

And both in context were very successful. More successful than we had a right to be given the players we had and the funding we had. 

22 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He got results until the situation at the club became generally intolerable.

I think we do need a refresh. But Parky did a good job in difficult circumstances until this season when clearly everything fell apart on and off the field. He's a good bloke to have around for a bit. 

Aye losing 30 games out of a 46 game season, he's a belting bloke to have around.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

And both in context were very successful. More successful than we had a right to be given the players we had and the funding we had. 

the squad we had was more than good enough to get promoted from League One, plenty PL and Championship players/experience

48 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Sams football always fitted the players he had. He was only forced down a route when he wasn’t able to sign replacements for Anelka etc because by then many others, including Mouriniho at Chelsea, were doing the same thing and winning titles and cups.

His football was always good to watch as it got results and we weren’t the turgid shitstorm we are now and have been for last 10yrs.

And he didn’t leave us for Newcastle.

Megson sold Anelka..

If the administators need any advice on the younger players why don't they just ask David Lee.

Phil Parkinson would'nt know a good player if he came up and slapped him across his expressionless face.

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

the squad we had was more than good enough to get promoted from League One, plenty PL and Championship players/experience

Doesn't mean much. Spearing has championship and premiership experience. But he's in league one now - which is probably his level. We had a decent league one team but Parky pulled together a group of players who had failed consistently before added to them with free transfers and got us up. 

Then kept us up. In that time he lost better players and had nothing to spend and we were under embargo. I don't think that is bad by any standards. 

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

The only thing stopping us ripping that league was a billy sharp, so many good players at his disposal compared to other squads

16 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Doesn't mean much. Spearing has championship and premiership experience. But he's in league one now - which is probably his level. We had a decent league one team but Parky pulled together a group of players who had failed consistently before added to them with free transfers and got us up. 

Then kept us up. In that time he lost better players and had nothing to spend and we were under embargo. I don't think that is bad by any standards. 

Trying to remember what the feeling was on here at the end of August when we were top of the table and had won 3 of the first 4.  How many were baying for Parky's blood then?

And what changed - was it just a freak blip?

29 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

Trying to remember what the feeling was on here at the end of August when we were top of the table and had won 3 of the first 4.  How many were baying for Parky's blood then?

And what changed - was it just a freak blip?

It was a freak blip. Magennis scored in three of them ffs.

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Its a championship record alright, the worst record of any manager who have played around the same amount of games. Someone post those stats again.

Sick of hearing he’s a nice man etc 

Just booted a guy at our place ( lovely chap go for s pint etc) but he was shite at his job and that’s the bottom line 

3 hours ago, chrisw99 said:

The "next manager" problem is confounded by the fact we're in league one.    If and when we get back in the Championship we need a manager who can compete at that level and have a proper go at Premier League promotion.   Unfortunately the kind of managers with that experience are not going to want to come to a decimated team in League One (unless they have bottomless pockets and an embargo-less transfer window).

Although the window for the top two tiers closes on 8 August, it remains open for tiers 3 and 4 until 2 September.

Parky is a decent bloke and certainly not a cunt. 

Unfortunately none of that makes him good enough to manage in the Championship. His record at a lower level is fine but it is time for a total clear out and he needs to move on.