Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

3 hours ago, Pricey said:

Would be brilliant for the club if we could get a Peter Lim type owner

You mean a billionaire? Definitely. Bloke in the pub was hypothesising that if we don't get a rich owner and start off next season with a 12 point deduction plus a further deduction for the missed game and all our best players gone we could set a new record for finishing the season on a minus points score. Asshole.

5 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

You mean a billionaire? Definitely. Bloke in the pub was hypothesising that if we don't get a rich owner and start off next season with a 12 point deduction plus a further deduction for the missed game and all our best players gone we could set a new record for finishing the season on a minus points score. Asshole.

Nope a minus points finish isn't going to happen

1 hour ago, Pricey said:

Should I be looking at the silence as no news is good news?

From what I can tell the administrators are still in the process of going through things with a fine tooth comb. This will take at least 3 weeks, at just over a week into the process we've still a while to wait for concrete news. There are still things popping up that hadn't been picked up before. 

Edited by frank_spencer

6 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

From what I can tell the administrators are still in the process of going through things with a fine tooth comb. This will take at least 3 weeks, at just over a week into the process we've still a while to wait for concrete news. There are still things popping up that hadn't been picked up before. 

Cheers, I was under the impression that the administrators would have had that done within a week and the club would then be up for sale. So in your opinion with new things popping up, do you think this could put off potential buyers?

8 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

The three weeks thing - is the time period for the business to be on the market. 

The process of assessing the business and valuing it takes as long as it takes - though an administrator has a max 8 weeks to prepare a written report detailing what he intends to do. This could be "take longer to resolve issues then put on market" or "wind up". 

1 minute ago, Pricey said:

Cheers, I was under the impression that the administrators would have had that done within a week and the club would then be up for sale. So in your opinion with new things popping up, do you think this could put off potential buyers?

You are being misled on how long the process is likely to take by overoptimistic journalists. 

Look at the table of admin start and end dates for football clubs. Ignore the historic ones since the rules changed. Look from Leicester onwards...gives an idea of timescales in reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(British_football)

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You are being misled on how long the process is likely to take by overoptimistic journalists. 

Look at the table of admin start and end dates for football clubs. Ignore the historic ones since the rules changed. Look from Leicester onwards...gives an idea of timescales in reality.

Never use Wiki as a source, even if you are right, no one will believe you on the basis I can edit it

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It's folk on here who are misleading, well maybe I've misread. Don't really listen or read what journalists say because 9 times out of 10 they are full of shit.

So we could be looking at years? how likely is that to happen though with buyers sniffing around?

Just now, Pricey said:

It's folk on here who are misleading, well maybe I've misread. Don't really listen or read what journalists say because 9 times out of 10 they are full of shit.

So we could be looking at years? how likely is that to happen though with buyers sniffing around?

Nobody can answer because nobody knows whether the buyers will put suitable offers in, be able to satisfy the creditors, and administrators and pass the EFL tests. 

Many clubs in that list had buyers interested in them - but things got complicated (see Coventry as an extreme example).....

I don't think it will take years - but I'd say 2 months would be very quick for the process to be completely resolved. But who knows - I know staff feel more positive now so the administrators seem to be convincing people they can sort it. 

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Never use Wiki as a source, even if you are right, no one will believe you on the basis I can edit it

The majority of dates in the table are crosslinked to the reports from club websites or the media...so verifiable...and its as good as you'll get. 

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Nobody can answer because nobody knows whether the buyers will put suitable offers in, be able to satisfy the creditors, and administrators and pass the EFL tests. 

Many clubs in that list had buyers interested in them - but things got complicated (see Coventry as an extreme example).....

I don't think it will take years - but I'd say 2 months would be very quick for the process to be completely resolved. But who knows - I know staff feel more positive now so the administrators seem to be convincing people they can sort it. 

Cheers mate, makes sense

Just now, Boo said:

Back in court in the morn, should be an adjournment now the Admins are in.

Shit...completely forgot about that

Edited by Pricey

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I think Wiki is based on the fact that folk like to show how knowledgeable they are not how destructive they can be just because they can. 

1 hour ago, Pricey said:

Can't see it putting off buyers as apparently its only relatively small amounts that those owed had given up on but now with administration can at least get some back. 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The three weeks thing - is the time period for the business to be on the market. 

The process of assessing the business and valuing it takes as long as it takes - though an administrator has a max 8 weeks to prepare a written report detailing what he intends to do. This could be "take longer to resolve issues then put on market" or "wind up". 

Oh yes I know that but you'd like to think that by the time the 3 weeks for the club being on the market happens that the vast majority of the report will be complete to enable the process.

This being said they way things have gone so far it would not surprise me if something emerged from the woodwork to scupper things. 

Glad to be rid of what sounded like a pretty poor deal for the club, I quite like the hotel on matchday, not tried the food though.

It's packed to the rafters most home games so they've a captive audience if they want to try anything different with matchday deals etc.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Glad to be rid of what sounded like a pretty poor deal for the club, I quite like the hotel on matchday, not tried the food though.

It's packed to the rafters most home games so they've a captive audience if they want to try anything different with matchday deals etc.

Can’t knock the set up in terms of quick service, beer selection ok although no andi  peters so boo 

food is nothing special and is heavily marked up and selection pretty poor 

24 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Can’t knock the set up in terms of quick service, beer selection ok although no andi  peters so boo 

food is nothing special and is heavily marked up and selection pretty poor 

What's Andi peters?! I'm almost scared to ask :lol: 

I've seen the burgers being brought out, no-one wants shit like that just keep it simple. Fanzone wasn't my scene either but hopefully something like that starts off again it's the kind of thing that might make younger kids want to come back again