Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just a shame we have to win games for folk to come back 

when you look at some clubs in the lower leagues there crowds hold up despite having nothing to cheer 

Give them a promotion or two and they would. Then their crowds would go up.

If we spent a few years in league one, ours would find its natural base level.

Just a glimpse of something positive on the pitch will help next season. Just as long as it's not the same dullard dross we've been fed recently.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Give them a promotion or two and they would. Then their crowds would go up.

If we spent a few years in league one, ours would find its natural base level.

Just a glimpse of something positive on the pitch will help next season. Just as long as it's not the same dullard dross we've been fed recently.

Dullard dross will still be here next season 

46 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

They were holding up pretty well, but folk got pissed off with the drivel being served up. Still bigger home average than PNE and Dingle Rovers. 

On paper yes 

but don’t tell me our crowds was accurate, Reading & boro must of been sub 10k

Argyle have a family zone with segregated concourse which has video games, pool tables with face painters etc for younger ones. Whether it will work in creating a new generation of fans it's too early to tell.

My two are now at the age they want to be where the smoke bombs are being let off.

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

Club up for sale officially now...

Administrators set price of £25M. £25K needed to access full accounts etc...

Admin has not exactly made this a steal...

It comes with a hotel, no debts and 6k fans though

5 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yep. Still a huge amount in my view for a business that has lost money for 15 years consistently. 

I agree that it's probably a bigger figure than expected, it'll definitely sort the wheat from the chaff when it comes to interested parties at least... Hopefully there's some wheat left!

11 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Club up for sale officially now...

Administrators set price of £25M. £25K needed to access full accounts etc...

Admin has not exactly made this a steal...

Who’s getting the £25mill ?

1 minute ago, Moon boy said:

Who’s getting the £25mill ?

It will pay off the creditors and settle the Administrators fee I would imagine.

The new owner would get the club AND Hotel, debt free.

Strangely enough identical to what apparently Anderson was asking - for a debt free club and a small profit for himself.

Swap the small profit for himself with the Administrators fee and it seems to be exactly the same deal.

If so it seems the rumours of vast amounts of hidden creditors and dodgy dealings by Ken, are possibly well wide of the mark.

No doubt everything will come out in due time.

Edited by Sluffy
Added a bit more to my original post

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

It will pay off the creditors and settle the Administrators fee I would imagine.

The new owner would get the club AND Hotel, debt free.

Strangely enough identical to what apparently Anderson was asking - for a debt free club and a small profit for himself.

Swap the small profit for himself with the Administrators fee and it seems to be exactly the same deal.

If so it seems the rumours of vast amounts of hidden creditors and dodgy dealings by Ken, are possibly well wide of the mark.

No doubt everything will come out in due time.

Was it going to be a debt free club though?

Why was it that no buyers ever wanted to deal with him?

Which ever way you try to dress it, he's a cunt.

Just now, Moon boy said:

Sorry I appreciate that, but how does it break down, if you can explain, thanks

Difficult for me to say without knowing what is happening with the Administrators at the hotel but in general all footballing creditors (the players, Vince at Forest Green will be paid up in full, the secured creditors (Anderson, James, Warburton, the bank) will be paid in full and all non secured creditors HMRC, the Town Hall, the clubs admin staff wages, etc, will get a minimum of 25p in the £.

I have made a bit of a flippant remark above about the similarity to what the Administrator is asking and what Anderson was but my point really was that if the amount to come out of Administration (ie the sale price of the club) which includes the hotel and presumably car parks and other land etc, then it's doubtful that Anderson has raped and pillaged the club anything like some/many hoped/believed.

As I said though all will be revealed in time no doubt.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Was it going to be a debt free club though?

Why was it that no buyers ever wanted to deal with him?

Which ever way you try to dress it, he's a cunt.

That was what the 'taster' document stated it would be.

You've got to ask those who tried to buy the club - but they are probably under NDA's - you could always believe what they say on twitter and Facebook as an alternative though?

Maybe he is, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's acted illegally.

No doubt we will find out more details in due course.

3 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Difficult for me to say without knowing what is happening with the Administrators at the hotel but in general all footballing creditors (the players, Vince at Forest Green will be paid up in full, the secured creditors (Anderson, James, Warburton, the bank) will be paid in full and all non secured creditors HMRC, the Town Hall, the clubs admin staff wages, etc, will get a minimum of 25p in the £.

I have made a bit of a flippant remark above about the similarity to what the Administrator is asking and what Anderson was but my point really was that if the amount to come out of Administration (ie the sale price of the club) which includes the hotel and presumably car parks and other land etc, then it's doubtful that Anderson has raped and pillaged the club anything like some/many hoped/believed.

As I said though all will be revealed in time no doubt.

Bang on.

During the last few days of Anderson’s tenure it was banded about it would cost £80m to buy the club.

That figure includes about £30m worth on transfers needed to buy a new squad and deal with £6m losses per year.

now its £25m to get the club with no mention of the daily losses, oh and the cost to buy an entire new squad 

basically the numbers are bollocks.

45 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yep. Still a huge amount in my view for a business that has lost money for 15 years consistently. 

Uber is worth about $100m and will never trade at a profit. 

£25m seems about right based upon what we know about the secured creditors and then applying the discount to the unsecured. 

I cannot see the future funding that the efl want proof of dropping though as we will run at an expected loss of well north of £5m per season I imagine for the next two years. But happy to be proven to wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Pricey said:

So does this mean that the creditors have agreed to a price? I thought it was going to be an auction based on who offers the creditors the most?

I guess there's no reason why potential purchasers could not offer more than the advertised price?

I'm guessing that the £25m would be the minimum amount in order to exit Administration in accordance with the EFL rules, so a higher accepted offer for the club would no doubt mean that the unsecured creditors would receive more than the minimum 25p in the £ they probably would only get if the club was sold for the £25m asking price.