Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

30 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

i would sooner have bassini as manager than pp

That's in Bassini's management plan for when he buys the club

He will be owner, manager and physio plus chief scout and will run the website single handed. Some man that Bassini

59 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

Slightly off topic, but seen a lot of comments about getting rid of PP. 

I agree, a fresh start would be best, but do people actually think we have enough time to appoint a new manager, new backroom staff, organise preseason, identify targets AND sign a whole new team before the start of the season? .. just curious as to people’s opinion?

I think due to time constraints we may actually be stuck with PP. 

I don't care if we lose the first 5 games (I do, but i'm looking long term) but it's absolutely vital that PP goes. Let's say we need 20 players. So that's 20 Phil Parkinson players potentially on 2 or 3 year deals. Think about Buckley, Pratley, Madine etc and ask if you are happy for PP to shape our fortunes for the next 2 years. The next manager, e.g. for next season, is lumbered and spends a fruitless year trying to get rid of the dead wood.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I don't care if we lose the first 5 games (I do, but i'm looking long term) but it's absolutely vital that PP goes. Let's say we need 20 players. So that's 20 Phil Parkinson players potentially on 2 or 3 year deals. Think about Buckley, Pratley, Madine etc and ask if you are happy for PP to shape our fortunes for the next 2 years. The next manager, e.g. for next season, is lumbered and spends a fruitless year trying to get rid of the dead wood.

Nowt wrong with Madine - Jules loved him

Just now, Eavesy said:

There’s ‘once in never out’ and then there is watching the absolute shite Parkinson put us through week in week out.

i’ll happily go at the start of the reason to recognise the new beginning but if he is still in charge and is telling our centre backs to launch it to a 5ft 5 forward and we are getting played off the park by Lincoln then to hell with that.

I won’t be renewing season ticket if he is charge. I’ll be getting match tickets from the start because I know full well he won’t know what he’s doing.

if he we get shut of him before Christmas I’ll get a half season ticket.

if we get shut of him before season starts I’ll renew. Even if it’s the kit man in charge. He’ll at least have the team worked up instead of rolling over

That's 100% my stance too. I last missed a home league game in the 80s but i''ll get a season ticket the day parky goes and not before.

48 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

There’s ‘once in never out’ and then there is watching the absolute shite Parkinson put us through week in week out.

i’ll happily go at the start of the reason to recognise the new beginning but if he is still in charge and is telling our centre backs to launch it to a 5ft 5 forward and we are getting played off the park by Lincoln then to hell with that.

I won’t be renewing season ticket if he is charge. I’ll be getting match tickets from the start because I know full well he won’t know what he’s doing.

if he we get shut of him before Christmas I’ll get a half season ticket.

if we get shut of him before season starts I’ll renew. Even if it’s the kit man in charge. He’ll at least have the team worked up instead of rolling over

Don't be mistaking me for a PP fan, I want him out, I want him out on day 1 of a new owner taking over and I'd hope all of these 5 prospective owners have someone in mind maybe even put them on notice to be making whatever plans they can in anticipation.

But I'll be renewing whatever happens and whoever's in charge it's my contribution towards helping the club and showing there's a fanbase and a support that's worth saving a club for.

My disclaimer is that I don't have to put up with actually watching every minute of the dross PP serves up, though! I think there's a huge role for Oztumer for example next season, if he's still here, and PP is clearly not the person to take this forward.

24 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Good point, I get that. We do need to build a new team and potentially sign 20 players. The thought of this being 20 Will Buckley’s signed by PP isn’t exactly inspiring. His (did he sign them, we don’t know) transfer record has been pretty awful, your right. 

I think we all agree a fresh start is needed. 

My question was more just curiosity on wether people thought we had time to make one as well as do everything else that’s needed.  

56 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Not too sure about that.

Seems he's a serial Director - 52 of them at the last count -

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/FQuMogLjFWa7K5OdayijiFDOPNg/appointments

I've only spent a few minutes researching him but the main part of his empire (which he shares a number of Directorships with Sharon Brttain) is Virtual Infrastructure Group Ltd -

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08099285

This in turn seems to have a company called BGF GP Ltd having a considerable 'Relative Legal Entity' over the company in order to exercise 'significant influence or control over the company' whatever that means?

BFG GP Ltd -

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10657217

Has only one share and as recently as October 2018, filed accounts as a 'dormant' company.

I guess what I'm saying is that if FV (Whites) ends up as owning us, we don't actually know who they answer too, or who pulls their strings.

Make of this what you will.

Thanks, wasn’t aware of that. 

Just from reading up on him previously I had presumed that he was one of the major players in terms of personal cash from those we know are involved with FV. 

Where any other funding comes from with FV none of us would know. 

9 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

Thanks, wasn’t aware of that. 

Just from reading up on him previously I had presumed that he was one of the major players in terms of personal cash from those we know are involved with FV. 

Where any other funding comes from with FV none of us would know. 

Think they are looking to borrow money against assets.  I’m not feeling positive at all about the takeover in fact I’ve got a feeling of unease and that it’s not going well. 

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think they are looking to borrow money against assets.  I’m not feeling positive at all about the takeover in fact I’ve got a feeling of unease and that it’s not going well. 

What makes you think that?

We will be signing the dregs of the frees list. Doesn’t matter who the manager is - we will be signing whatever is left.

Most of these posts about the manager are plain embarrassing. Whoever the manager is the next couple of seasons will be a horrible grind. Amazing how some haven’t after about a decade woken up to the reality staring us in the face.

9 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Not too sure about that.

Seems he's a serial Director - 52 of them at the last count -

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/FQuMogLjFWa7K5OdayijiFDOPNg/appointments

I've only spent a few minutes researching him but the main part of his empire (which he shares a number of Directorships with Sharon Brttain) is Virtual Infrastructure Group Ltd -

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08099285

This in turn seems to have a company called BGF GP Ltd having a considerable 'Relative Legal Entity' over the company in order to exercise 'significant influence or control over the company' whatever that means?

BFG GP Ltd -

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10657217

Has only one share and as recently as October 2018, filed accounts as a 'dormant' company.

I guess what I'm saying is that if FV (Whites) ends up as owning us, we don't actually know who they answer too, or who pulls their strings.

Make of this what you will.

PBP were far and away the biggest provider of new finance to ensure survival of the club three years ago. So is it not curious that the ST's Simon Nightingale should have taken the opportunity at the ST's last open meeting to deride Michael James?

It surely doesn't augur well for any future relationship between the ST and any  new board should  any  individual with the attitudes of Mr Nightingale remain part of the ST's thinking. I use the word 'thinking'' in its loosest sense.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

50 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We will be signing the dregs of the frees list. Doesn’t matter who the manager is - we will be signing whatever is left.

Most of these posts about the manager are plain embarrassing. Whoever the manager is the next couple of seasons will be a horrible grind. Amazing how some haven’t after about a decade woken up to the reality staring us in the face.

I blame the Beeno.

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

What’s embarrassing. He’s a terrible manager. I’d rather have a better manager if it’s tough or not. 

Bassini still in play according to the BN. 

Got a horrible feeling we’re all gonna see ‘Statement from the administrators’ on Friday, get excited.... open it up and say ohhh f*ckkk. It’s typical bwfc 

Bassini has been suspiciously quiet since spouting on sky which suggests he’s under NDA. 

He had a moan about challenging the administration of the hotel the other week but never mentioned the club, does he really just want the hotel or was he confident he would get the club anyway. 

Will the administrators buckle to his ‘legal challenge’ and give it him as the ‘easy option’ ?  

They sold Coventry back to the original owner after all. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

Bassini still in play according to the BN. 

Got a horrible feeling we’re all gonna see ‘Statement from the administrators’ on Friday, get excited.... open it up and say ohhh f*ckkk. It’s typical bwfc 

Bassini has been suspiciously quiet since spouting on sky which suggests he’s under NDA. 

He had a moan about challenging the administration of the hotel the other week but never mentioned the club, does he really just want the hotel or was he confident he would get the club anyway. 

Will the administrators buckle to his ‘legal challenge’ and give it him as the ‘easy option’ ?  

They sold Coventry back to the original owner after all. 

If there are NDAs in place. How is Iles printed that "Bassini bid on track"

No fucker really knows who's bid and who's backing bids. 

4pm today will be a step forward hopefully. Then we can get rid of this fucking thread and some of the most dire reading I have had the pleasure of skipping through..

16 minutes ago, tomski said:

What’s embarrassing. He’s a terrible manager. I’d rather have a better manager if it’s tough or not. 

A terrible manager? Is he? Really? He worked miracles here against the odds. He got Bradford out of league two and turned them into promotion contenders. There are many managers I’d describe as terrible. Parky isn’t one. He’s solid, competent. You might say uninspiring. Sure. But we aren’t looking at fancy dan types. We will be signing the sorts of players he signed for Bradford. 

Folks won't pay to watch his lump it long style last season many ST holders didn't attend because of this. I'm a lifelong fan and ST holder I'll renew by way of support for my club but won't go to the home games if Parky is still at the helm.

17 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

A terrible manager? Is he? Really? He worked miracles here against the odds. He got Bradford out of league two and turned them into promotion contenders. There are many managers I’d describe as terrible. Parky isn’t one. He’s solid, competent. You might say uninspiring. Sure. But we aren’t looking at fancy dan types. We will be signing the sorts of players he signed for Bradford. 

Last year was full of miracles. Miracles that some fans still attended.

Give your head a wobble, your parki adulteration  is embarrassing. 

7 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Last year was full of miracles. Miracles that some fans still attended.

Give your head a wobble, your parki adulteration  is embarrassing. 

And what manager do you think would have magically turned that shitshow of a season round? You live in a dreamworld. A whole host of our league one competitors would swap their manager for Parky. That tells you something. I’d like a fresh start but within a few weeks the usual suspects will be calling for the next guys head. It’s as obvious as anything. No magic manager is available. It’s going to be a grind. We will be playing basic football with basic players. Whoever is in charge. Parky almost certainly has better credentials for lower league football than the next guy will. 

42 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

If there are NDAs in place. How is Iles printed that "Bassini bid on track"

No fucker really knows who's bid and who's backing bids. 

4pm today will be a step forward hopefully. Then we can get rid of this fucking thread and some of the most dire reading I have had the pleasure of skipping through..

Maybe Bassini just confirmed to Iles he's still in the race but hasn't said anything more. Can't really be breaking NDA then as he hasn't really 'disclosed' anything has he.