Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

24 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I think we should all just be happy we might actually have an up and running functional football club rather than the amount we have to spend on players.

We have 14 signed, we only need a few more to fill the squad. Anything else is a bonus ffs. 

Correct.

Let’s get this deal done and then next season we actually have some games to go and watch. 

Didn't Bassini talk of transferring £1m straight away to help with running costs last time it got to this stage...... 

Hope this isn't the same sh*t spouting from him...........!?

2 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Agreewith you about Coyle but here's Deloitte's summary of 2006/07, the year BSA walked out doubling his £1.5m p.a. salary and putting the boot into the club that had helped make his reputation.

BWFC could never spend enough to keep BSA happy but his legacy was one in which scarcely any player would come through the ranks for years afterwards and Premiership survival was dependent upon spending EDs money in ever larger quantities.

We finished 2006/07 in seventh place with declining attendances, a negative goal difference one point ahead of Reading, two points in front of Portsmouth and four in front of Blackburn.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2301797/Deloitte-football-finance-review-Club-by-club-Premier-League-analysis.html

I didn't post this story before because BSA is a Bolton legend and he gave the club and hue my family, many great moments. However, some perspective on his time in charge is useful. 

I knew the non league scout from those days. He used to cross the country, unpaid beyond expenses, compiling scouting reports which would sit, unread, on the then head of scouting' desk. The head scout was an Allardyce appointment and he told my acquaintance that Allardyce wasn't interested in potential, he wanted players for the here and now. 

BWFC had at least one player profiled in that pile that later played for England. 

Couldn't cope if it's Bassini and FV's potential pretty much depends on what backing they have, but at least it's not liquidation and it finally puts Anderson out of the picture. I guess beggars can't be choosers. Roll on tomorrow.

47 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

No it wasn’t. Try again.

Always with the negative waves Fanny always with the negative waves on Wanderers Ways.Why dont you knock it off with them negative waves. Why dont you dig how beautiful this could be? Why dont you say something righteous or hopeful for a change?

I definitely thinking it's FV now as there was a bunch of activity yesterday. Companies House shows that Michael James and Jeff Thomas were appointed as Directors and they filed a Statement of Capital following the allotment of shares - but I couldn't see it as it was a bad link. Surely all that activity points to FV being the successful bidder?

2 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

I definitely thinking it's FV now as there was a bunch of activity yesterday. Companies House shows that Michael James and Jeff Thomas were appointed as Directors and they filed a Statement of Capital following the allotment of shares - but I couldn't see it as it was a bad link. Surely all that activity points to FV being the successful bidder?

whos backing them as they have aparently had new backers. 

2 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

That was in March?

FWIW, I'd be happy with them, from what we know, that's not a lot... first choice manager has gone though. 

6 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

whos backing them as they have aparently had new backers. 

That's the big question. So far we have MJ - property developer, Basran's entrepreneurial investment fund - and we don't know how much dosh they'd risk on us, Jeff T of UKCloud and Sharon Brittan who also dabbles with property development. Which is all good, but I can't see them throwing say £50 million at us without building a Normid in the WSU and a bunch of houses/offices outside.  I at least think part of their plan is to develop the land and possibly parts of the stadium itself. If they intend to do more than just stabilise the club I suspect they need money from elsewhere but we'll just have to wait and see.

Fuck me why is everyone banging on about this £1m, it's an injection just for now. Wait till next few weeks and see what happens from there, more than likely we will hear more in regards to what money will be put in the club.