Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

45 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

I definitely thinking it's FV now as there was a bunch of activity yesterday. Companies House shows that Michael James and Jeff Thomas were appointed as Directors and they filed a Statement of Capital following the allotment of shares - but I couldn't see it as it was a bad link. Surely all that activity points to FV being the successful bidder?

That was the 12th March.

Not yesterday. 

I think one should note this £1M is being invested before the deal is completed. I imagine it’s the amount needed to keep everything going and allow some planning. It’s good that whoever the new owners are they are prepared to get things moving before the ink is dry.

I see this as equivalent of redeveloping a house before completion. You are confident and planning ahead.

Also if it were Bassini he’d surely have been on Sky by now...

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

I think one should note this £1M is being invested before the deal is completed. I imagine it’s the amount needed to keep everything going and allow some planning. It’s good that whoever the new owners are they are prepared to get things moving before the ink is dry.

I see this as equivalent of redeveloping a house before completion. You are confident and planning ahead.

Bassini promised that same £1m last time at this stage. 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm not sure how the administrators would look at that anyhow.

Perhaps they wouldn't allow it, if it was likely to send us back into a bad debt spiral.

Difficult one, depends on the criteria that they set out in what they asked potential suitors... My guess is that its possibly more one for the EFL to make sure they are happy with before giving the fit and proper green light, which would satisfy the Administrators... 

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If it wasn’t him, he’d of gone moaning to someone like iles as he’s nothing to lose. That’s more likely. 

If it is, why would he fall at the last hurdle and go breaking an NDA to sky. 

Place be in meltdown if its Bassini. Surely not? Im not sure he was even in last five just coz iles 'believed' he was. But this is BWFC. Imagine the announcement ta da Mr Laurence Bassini! Cue groans and tumbleweed blowing thru WW.

1 minute ago, snowball said:

Place be in meltdown if its Bassini. Surely not? Im not sure he was even in last five just coz iles 'believed' he was. But this is BWFC. Imagine the announcement ta da Mr Laurence Bassini! Cue groans and tumbleweed blowing thru WW.

If it’s Bassini then we just get on with it. If admin thinks he’s the best bet then it means he is.

Has Bassini actually passed a fit and proper test? Think Anderson pointed out in his notes he hadn't so maybe if it was Bassini the process of the club being bought by him wouldn't of gone through as quick as it has. Read this "Mr Bassini has failed to provide any adequate and acceptable proof of current and future funding to the EFL"

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/a-note-from-from-the-chairman/

“- The highest bid for the club

- Proof and source of significant funding

- Ability to fund the club for a minimum of two years

- Ability to satisfy secured, football and unsecured creditors

- EFL approval”

Nothing  to complain about there. They’ve put up the most money to buy the club, they can keep us going for another couple years minimum. They can pay off our outstanding debts and the EFL are happy with them. Let’s just be happy with that for now. Reading too much into this £1 million. Looking forward to the youth getting a chance alongside some fresh faces. Survive this season and we’ve got a fresh start next year. COYW!

The administrators would have picked the best bid, they would have gone through everything with a nit comb. If it's Bassini, then he has obviously provided everything required.

Time for celebration not speculation (see what I did there)

Can only be a positive development. The whole point of the administration process is to get the best possible deal so we’ve just got to have faith that whichever nut job who has decided to take on this basket case has got the stomach for the fight and, to be fair, you’d have thought they’ve gone in to this whole process with their eyes open. 

Whoever it is, they've stumped up where others haven't or couldn't. 

Least we can do is give them and the club our full backing. Whoever's in the team and whoever's managing it.

Back to the footy at last. Coyfwm!

13 minutes ago, Ani said:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

if if you have less than 24 players you can sign players. Assume same in League 1. 

Think we had flexibility on this last time. I remember that long term injuries were removed from the count so we could bring in someone new.

1 minute ago, Razaldo9 said:

Think we had flexibility on this last time. I remember that long term injuries were removed from the count so we could bring in someone new.

Yes Pratley was excluded. Then played. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

When did we get another transfer embargo? I'm only aware of the 12pt deduction..

I have a feeling any full and final punishment will be presented after the new owners are in place.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the bidder would has had discussions with the efl in this regard.

There's a lot of bad feeling as to their role in allowing sweaty to take the helm last time, and who knows, perhaps they'll go lightly.

24 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

When did we get another transfer embargo? I'm only aware of the 12pt deduction..

Under embargo due to non payment of wages. Plus insolvency event brings with it an embargo. Iles says unlikely new owners can get us out of it.

Same embargo as when Ken took over. Can’t pay fees only frees and loans without a fee. Restriction on wages. Restriction on numbers.

15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I have a feeling any full and final punishment will be presented after the new owners are in place.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the bidder would has had discussions with the efl in this regard.

There's a lot of bad feeling as to their role in allowing sweaty to take the helm last time, and who knows, perhaps they'll go lightly.

They showed common sense with Blackpool so you never know.