Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

10 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

You say that, but here is the dream scenario:

Eduardo Savarin is a Brazilian businessman who has previously helped Basran financially.

With his friend at university; Mark Zuckerburg; he co-founded Facebook. The 2 fell out, Savarin left the company but retained his shares.

Savarin has a net worth of $10.1 Billion, according to Forbes magazine. He lives in Singapore, having left USA to avoid paying a tax bill of $770 Million.

Let's hope he is still friends with Basran and; being Brazilian; has a love of football. 

You wouldn't have thought Basran would need financial help from Savarin.

Basrans family are supposed to be minted.

1 hour ago, hughmungus said:

Some posts just haven't aged well 

Mate let’s not start all that or we will be going round in circles for ever. 

Nobody can be blamed for backing what they could see. Neither can anyone hold the high ground for the way it all ended up. 

It was the constant polarisation that caused the biggest issue.

Its all gone now. Nobody was right or wrong, we just wanted what we have now. 

A clean slate. 

1 hour ago, Flannel Truscott said:

He was managing in the 4th division having been sacked by Blackpool and knew (openly stated) his only chance of getting to the big time was taking a team there. 

It was before his new fangled techniques, before signing old players in frees, before the sacks of cash and before he got rid of that tash. 

So his dream was to manage Everton or any top flight team?

One thing for certain, the are a couple of VERY important positions to be filled. This coming season is important to galvanise the club and supporters again. After all the misinformation of the last couple of years, i'm not expecting miracles, but I am expecting the club to show willing this season, if it isn't promotion so be it, but a complete new outlook is needed

55 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Mate let’s not start all that or we will be going round in circles for ever. 

Nobody can be blamed for backing what they could see. Neither can anyone hold the high ground for the way it all ended up. 

It was the constant polarisation that caused the biggest issue.

Its all gone now. Nobody was right or wrong, we just wanted what we have now. 

A clean slate. 

Was just a light hearted attempt at a post many of us could have considered back then, not really worthy of a knuckle wrap but cheers anyway.

Edited by hughmungus

1 hour ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Why not just ask 'I wonder what the ST board think of it then?' You could even email them directly or wait for a statement.

I don't know why Nightingale criticised James as I'm not a mind reader. 

This question was asked towards the end of their forum -

"On Mike James, a lifelong fan who was in the FV consortium - have we engaged with him?"

To which Nightingale is quoted in part (he said more (and worse) than was written down by Iles) -

"The fact they are not here tonight speaks volumes. These people are supposedly big fans. The Davies family on behalf of their late father... Those guys we have just mentioned, we didn't even get a statement from them."

The event was broadcast live at the time, there's possibly a video copy of it on the ST's Facebook or Twitter account if anyone wants to look for it but I do consider it to have been a rant, even if you were in attendance on the night and don't, and clearly Nightingale and the others from the ST were unhappy/angry at being left out of the loop completely by the major players such as Michael James with his FV hat on or Eddie Davies family/estate and clearly deemed by them to be insignificant/irrelevant to the actual saving of the club.

Iles blog on the night -

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17575589.bolton-wanderers-supporters-trust-fans-forum-live-blog/

10 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Club need to engage with the fans big time 

so many fans I know just can’t be arsed anymore 

The club need to have a good luck at some of the hospitality tents and facilities being used for the concert tonight as I am impressed how they can create a pop up food place or bar on a bit of grass so quickly. Granted its always a money thing but its an example of how someone with a bit more business knowledge than we have had can make the most of the space we have.

Edited by hughmungus

16 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Fuck me, that's classed as a rant? Some valid questions imo.

Once again, why use one word when you can use thousand, so utterly tiresome

I was there on the night and it wasn't a rant, it was more of a plea from all concerned for some answers to the mounting questions and almost a cry of frustration at not getting any.

12 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's an idea that would get some fans on board but it would send out all the wrong messages financially if it looked like the new owners can't even afford a painter & decorator.

HSV get 52k a week at their games and are rather well off. I think it sends out we are together but you prove the snobbery side. 

We will always be groups of fans and not one fan base sadly 

37 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

The club need to have a good luck at some of the hospitality tents and facilities being used for the concert tonight as I am impressed how they can create a pop up food place or bar on a bit of grass so quickly. Granted its always a money thing but its an example of how someone with a bit more business knowledge than we have had can make the most of the space we have.

That's a good shout. Now we're rid of Heathcotes(?) the club could market kiosks and areas around the ground to individual catering businesses.  Charge a flat fee or take a percentage.

A few references to German footy on here and for the games over there that I've been to, I've always been impressed by the variety of food and drink on offer

The Germans are streets ahead of us when it comes to catering, i can't imagine ever getting a huge pork fillet or steak on flour cakes in our stadia anytime soon.  Perhaps our club could lead the way on this here, it does make a huge difference to the 'day out" going to the match is.  Catering has got to be a huge money-spinner and the club running it is a no brainer

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

The Germans are streets ahead of us when it comes to catering, i can't imagine ever getting a huge pork fillet or steak on flour cakes in our stadia anytime soon.  Perhaps our club could lead the way on this here, it does make a huge difference to the 'day out" going to the match is.  Catering has got to be a huge money-spinner and the club running it is a no brainer

Totally agree.

The current choice is poor and overpriced.

If you could go earlier, have a mooch about food places, have a choice of beer etc and make more of the occasion it would be great.

Maybe even some football related games for the kids to have a go at.

• Site Supporter

Im looking forward to seeing a football match without any off-field shit going on.

Then to the announcment that Pink Floyd are doing a one-off Gig at the UniBol and Mrs Brittain says season tickets holders get 75% off tickets and ale and everyone else pays £500 a ticket.

50 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Parminder's mum's food being served on match days...

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, gonzo said:

West Brom had a decent set up at beginning of the season.

You beat old Trafford’s food court either. 

Shows it can be done if the club have a think. 

Aye, them plastic beer bottles went flying when that last minute goal went in 😨

Fuck me, the shit we've been through since that fantastic day out...