Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Bassini threatening to to take Anderson to court over blocking him to buy the club before admin so unlikely they are in bed together if he does .  With is claim Sullivan has given him £25 million is  untrue then surely Sullivan will come out to refute it . May be FV just put forward a better bid to the administrators and have more money than we first thought 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, tomski said:

one thing I’ll give ken is he has set the bar so low for what we would like from our owners the next incumbent of the role could do very little to become a hero.

Not in league one though

Appointed PP and got promoted at the first attempt with a shite squad

Beat that FV

30 minutes ago, tomski said:

No mate. He has form for running places into the ground, he achieved this again. The one thing that amazes me is that there is a perception he’s some sort of mastermind. I personally think he’s a div who couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery 

Eddie Davies ran the club into well over £200m debt.

Wonder what party he might have put on at Magee Marshall's?

The bottom line is that for BWFC the running costs have been far more than the income for a long time and well before Anderson turned up.

The thing that amazes me is the perception that some/many folk still seem to believe it's all Anderson fault and fuck all to do with the basic economics of running a business - ie spend more than you earn and you are in big trouble!

Has this thread taught some people nothing at all?

Seems not.

18 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He wasn’t even a show, the man was and is a cunt. Don’t even try to defend him in any way shape or form. Just admit the king ken brigade got it wrong, badly wrong and we can all move on. 

Fuckin ell if isn’t Mr Bi Polar himself. 

Think he’s a cunt all day long, id be inclined to agree, but I make no apology whatsoever for backing Him at the time. 

Like Most I sat somewhere in the middle, could see the challenge he had, but could also see his luck and downright cuntery couldn’t last forever. But nobody was allowed that option and any discussion shut down. Much like other areas of debate involving your good self. 

...and nobody gave two shits how much of crook the bloke was or who he wasn’t paying when we were dancing on the pitch at port vale or after forest. 

Edited by gonzo

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Fuckin ell if isn’t Mr Bi Polar himself. 

Think he’s a cunt all day long, id be inclined to agree, but I make no apology whatsoever for backing Him at the time. 

Like Most I sat somewhere in the middle, could see the challenge he had, but could also see his luck and downright cuntery couldn’t last forever. But nobody was allowed that option and any discussion shut down. Much like other areas of debate involving your good self. 

I’ve never shut any conversation down, whether on Ken, Supporters trust or Brexit. Anyhow crack on, I’ll take this post as good as an admission that you now agree king ken was in fact a cunt after all. Yours sincerely Mr Bipolar. 😂

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve never shut any conversation down, whether on Ken, Supporters trust or Brexit. Anyhow crack on, I’ll take this post as good as an admission that you now agree king ken was in fact a cunt after all. Yours sincerely Mr Bipolar. 😂

:D

... Thing is I remember when he came in, a good friend of mine who was on the board at Southampton sent me a message saying this won’t end well. Fair to say he’s been in touch quite a lot since haha

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

:D

... Thing is I remember when he came in, a good friend of mine who was on the board at Southampton sent me a message saying this won’t end well. Fair to say he’s been in touch quite a lot since haha

You should of listened to your mate.👍

7 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

The bottom line is that for BWFC the running costs have been far more than the income for a long time and well before Anderson turned up.

The thing that amazes me is the perception that some/many folk still seem to believe it's all Anderson fault and fuck all to do with the basic economics of running a business - ie spend more than you earn and you are in big trouble!

Seems not.

This thread was awful to read at the height of the ken love in.

I will be honest Sluffy I rarely read your posts as they are too long (that’s for me not telling you what to do)

never minded gonzos and others posts because they had a belief or some rationale behind them. Other posts though were awful to the point i needed some time off as I couldn’t believe the guff spoke. If it was wumming then they did a good job

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Seems not.

It's taught me Anderson was a vulture who came to scavenge what he could before we went under, a situation he was happy to lead is into as long as we could afford to pay his fees

Not asset stripping, just milking us dry

I have a hat which I will eat if it's ever proven that was not the case

54 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Seems not.

Ken took over for reasons best known to himself.

All this shit happened on his watch. The buck stops with him.

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

It's taught me Anderson was a vulture who came to scavenge what he could before we went under, a situation he was happy to lead is into as long as we could afford to pay his fees

Not asset stripping, just milking us dry

I have a hat which I will eat if it's ever proven that was not the case

Well deliberately 'milking a company dry' forcing it into insolvency means that the Directors are personally liable for the debts of that company and could be forced into bankruptcy in order to pay them.

There's been two separate companies of Administrators dealing with the club and Hotel, and at least one of the Administrators company had TEN accountants going through the books forensically - so I doubt they will be missing much - do you?

So if Ken's deliberately forced the club into insolvency and order to pay such monies back then I'll be happy to eat both your hat and mine!

If the thorough forensic investigation of the accounts don't lead to such an event then legally he hasn't 'milked' the club.

So one of us will be eating his hat one day, and I strongly suspect it isn't going to be me.

Just now, Duck Egg said:

He came here to make money by leeching of BWFC,  think he’s done well out of it, could of done a lot better if the ACV hadn’t been slapped on the stadium, another one many folk got wrong on here. 💣 

2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

The buck stops with BWFC.

When will people grasp that Ken and BWFC are two separate legal entities?

2 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

The buck stops with BWFC.

When will people grasp that Ken and BWFC are two separate legal entities?

Semantics dear boy.

He took charge of running the business. A business which stopped paying it's bills and issued antagonistic statements all under the instruction of one K Anderson

• Site Supporter

Anderson came in trying to turn a quick buck by making us a more attractive proposition. A combination of bad luck, poor judgment & Holdsworth royally fucked that up. After that he was in well over his head & looking for a way out with any cash on the hip that he could snaffle. 

He's a cunt, everyone knew that but I don't believe his original intention was to ruin us. If it was there were quicker ways of doing it. 

There are people criticising those who said he was the only show in town who also would have taken Bassini over liquidation... Unbelievable Jeff! 😁

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Well deliberately 'milking a company dry' forcing it into insolvency means that the Directors are personally liable for the debts of that company and could be forced into bankruptcy in order to pay them.

There's been two separate companies of Administrators dealing with the club and Hotel, and at least one of the Administrators company had TEN accountants going through the books forensically - so I doubt they will be missing much - do you?

So if Ken's deliberately forced the club into insolvency and order to pay such monies back then I'll be happy to eat both your hat and mine!

If the thorough forensic investigation of the accounts don't lead to such an event then legally he hasn't 'milked' the club.

So one of us will be eating his hat one day, and I strongly suspect it isn't going to be me.

Do you reckon he took any fees this year?

1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

Bassini threatening to to take Anderson to court over blocking him to buy the club before admin so unlikely they are in bed together if he does .  With is claim Sullivan has given him £25 million is  untrue then surely Sullivan will come out to refute it . May be FV just put forward a better bid to the administrators and have more money than we first thought 

That's the one thing that worries me about FV, do they have the cash for the long term. Running a club is expensive and it'll be a long time before they see a return if any. Hope they know what they're in for and have a 'person that knows football'. 

1 hour ago, tomski said:

This thread was awful to read at the height of the ken love in.

I will be honest Sluffy I rarely read your posts as they are too long (that’s for me not telling you what to do)

never minded gonzos and others posts because they had a belief or some rationale behind them. Other posts though were awful to the point i needed some time off as I couldn’t believe the guff spoke. If it was wumming then they did a good job

Up to you what you read or not.  

I simply try to put across what I have to say in a way that most can follow it and understand on what basis I am saying it.  That takes me more than a sentence or two to do it.  

If people don't want to better informed on facts and figures and what is likely have happened and probably will that's their choice.

They say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink, well one or two have us have tried to give others a better understanding of what has happened from a financial perspective rather than base their views on the emotional 'Ken' a cunt' view.

The club lost money under Eddie for years - so he covered the debts out of his own pocket.

The club lost money in the first year under Holdsworth/Anderson - so the BM loan was taken out (plus James and Warburton in the days just before that).

The club lost money the next season under Anderson - but Madine's sale kept it going.

The club lost money this season - No Davies, no pay day loan and no Madine transfer to save us - so what exactly do you think was going to happen?

But it's all Anderson's fault - obviously because he's a cunt.

Edited by Sluffy
grammar errors

13 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Semantics dear boy.

He took charge of running the business. A business which stopped paying it's bills and issued antagonistic statements all under the instruction of one K Anderson

Basic economics old chap.

The business cost more to run that it brought in and everybody laughed at K Anderson begging statements for people to attend matches to help keep it going.

6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Do you reckon he took any fees this year?

Possibly/probably.

The question you need to ask is if he did, does the Administrator consider them proportional to the running of the company at the time, or a deliberate attempt to take cash out of a business whilst it was insolvent, or by doing so driving it into insolvency.

I'm happy to abide with the decision the Administrator takes.

Will you?