Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

16 minutes ago, Blondi said:

BOLTON. Plan by David Sullivan to put in 12.5m intriguing. Would own ground and hotel and rent back. Good gesture and good business. Not sure it will happen now though ...

Good gesture, why? If BWFC went down this route it’s the beginning of the end. 

Its a sad reflection that bang average premier league players are changing hands for 40 million and our grand old historic club not even worth half that. The game has really gone to shit. 😢

Edited by Mounts Kipper

21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Good gesture, why? If BWFC went down this route it’s the beginning of the end. 

Its a sad reflection that bang average premier league players are changing hands for 40 million and our grand old historic club not even worth half that. The game has really gone to shit. 😢

thank got for super football venture whites. eh. dont wanna be another coventry

15 hours ago, tomski said:

Even if he isn’t the official agent it’s not a huge leap of faith to work out he’s mates with parish and he’s probably helped BWFC like he has done in the past

Ah, yes.

A small leap of faith allied to the ramblings of Shortland must make this a fact.

Anyway, Palace signed a keeper yesterday and have no interest in Matthews now.

PS You might have a better memory than mine, but I don't recall Parrish helping the Andersons over the last 3 yrs. He wouldn't let us have Chungy back.

1 hour ago, Blondi said:

BOLTON. Plan by David Sullivan to put in 12.5m intriguing. Would own ground and hotel and rent back. Good gesture and good business. Not sure it will happen now though ...

God NO!

Surely if FV's has been accepted then they must have a least shown sufficient funds to manage without this kind of bollocks?

Nixon says it would be within EFL rules in his article. The EFL rules clearly state that no individual involved in a football club can lend money to another one. Or have any direct or indirect control over its financial administration. 

Sorry but I really could not see how the league could have possibly approved this.

I think Nixon has been sucked in by fantasist Bassini. Also not a bad deal is it to own all the material assets with little of the risk. Of course Sullivan fancies that. Good gesture my arse. Nixon should stick to transfer tittle tattle. Out of his depth here.

15 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

God NO!

Surely if FV's has been accepted then they must have a least shown sufficient funds to manage without this kind of bollocks?

Sullivan was supposedly involved with Bassini. The supposed plan has already been rejected by the administrators and Bassini has now publicly stated he is no longer in the running to buy the club. 

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

36 minutes ago, Traf said:

Ah, yes.

A small leap of faith allied to the ramblings of Shortland must make this a fact.

Anyway, Palace signed a keeper yesterday and have no interest in Matthews now.

PS You might have a better memory than mine, but I don't recall Parrish helping the Andersons over the last 3 yrs. He wouldn't let us have Chungy back.

It certainly could all be bollocks mate but I really wouldn’t put it past turd to screw us over one more time. Like you said nowts come of it and we all move on

6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Nixon says it would be within EFL rules in his article. The EFL rules clearly state that no individual involved in a football club can lend money to another one. Or have any direct or indirect control over its financial administration. 

Sorry but I really could not see how the league could have possibly approved this.

I think Nixon has been sucked in by fantasist Bassini. Also not a bad deal is it to own all the material assets with little of the risk. Of course Sullivan fancies that. Good gesture my arse. Nixon should stick to transfer tittle tattle. Out of his depth here.

Agree he’s been sold a dud story these last few weeks.

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Would that even be allowed? He'd then have an interest in two clubs 

Would he though? He would only own the ground and no input into the day to day running of the club as such 

Wasn't Scholes cleared to take over manager Oldham despite his interest in Salford 

Sell / loan money against the ground 

Use the funds raised to develop the car park 

Sell the car park developments 

Car Park Ventures business plan I imagine 

Fuck knows what it means for the football side but I doubt this Brittan women is keen to lose her hard earned on shite footballers at our level 

Nixon is saying the delay is down to Eddie Davies Trust waiting on FV to make them an acceptable offer.

Strange one since the administrators said in June:

- The highest bid for the club

- Proof and source of significant funding

- Ability to fund the club for a minimum of two years

- Ability to satisfy secured, football and unsecured creditors

- EFL approval

I guess “ability to satisfy” is pretty vague but wouldn’t have thought they’re still trying to agree terms. Would’ve thought they’re just sorting out all the legalities.