Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Padlocks off the training ground gates and hot water back on, signings lined up and triallists coming in, all positive signs. 

Correct and things will start to happen now tickets etc 

Let’s gets some positivity back 

because out of all this we have some bloody boring & depressive supporters 

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Correct and things will start to happen now tickets etc 

Let’s gets some positivity back 

because out of all this we have some bloody boring & depressive supporters 

Don’t worry they’ll all leave the site once we’re back to normality and talk returns to the match, because they don’t do the football. 😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

....and then Parkinson and Parkin walk through the gates to start training 

Just could imagine them two like the John Smiths advert, smashing a ball across the training ground. Ave it! 

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm finding the 40k for the Rod the Mod concert a bit dubious, say the tickets were 60 dabs and 300000 attended, that means 1.8m in ticket sales alone. And we made 40 fucking k 😏

the promoter takes a huge cut. the long term goal was for "us" to be the promoter. that was the only way to see the coin.

i know this for a fact.

17 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If that was the case, it wasn't worth the hassle. 

The club would have originally had the intention of providing all the food and drink facilities and making money from that including the corporate stuff, but as Heathcotes had jumped ship, and they had no means to employ staff the promoter had to fill all the gaps and then basically only paid to have the doors opened and closed by the club. The cost would have been far greater if they had failed to honour the contract in penalty charges etc.

5 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

The club would have originally had the intention of providing all the food and drink facilities and making money from that including the corporate stuff, but as Heathcotes had jumped ship, and they had no means to employ staff the promoter had to fill all the gaps and then basically only paid to have the doors opened and closed by the club. The cost would have been far greater if they had failed to honour the contract in penalty charges etc.

I think the operator runs all that. Of course the plan might have been to sell them the club's providers....

The £400000 is included in the accounts of the administrators since they took over the running of the club. It is possible but I have no way of knowing, that payments could have been paid when the concert was first organised. That would be in the accounts for last year that have not been published in detail.

25 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I think the operator runs all that. Of course the plan might have been to sell them the club's providers....

i can only relate back to the Oasis weekend, the club at the time had big contracts with Carlsberg and various food companies and they made a nice return from the sales. The club had the agreement with the council, which is still in place, to restrict any food and drink sales around the ground so that they could maximise the revenue. I am certain this was the same for Pink and Coldplay, and in a way put some promoters off because they wanted their cut of the profits. 

5 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

i can only relate back to the Oasis weekend, the club at the time had big contracts with Carlsberg and various food companies and they made a nice return from the sales. The club had the agreement with the council, which is still in place, to restrict any food and drink sales around the ground so that they could maximise the revenue. I am certain this was the same for Pink and Coldplay, and in a way put some promoters off because they wanted their cut of the profits. 

Fair enough. As I understood it the usual way was that the concert promoters pay a fee but then take the profits from the night....

35 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Did Rodney do 5 nights or are we also counting in the Killers and Radcliffes favourites Little Mix ?

Counting them as well.

rugby league challenge cup semis as well.

£40 grand a pop.

Sounds good to me

• Members
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Padlocks off the training ground cabins and hot water back on, signings lined up and triallists coming in, all positive signs. 

Best news for yonks ....Can't wait to get back to moaning about just football.

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Its paltry, if you gonna put on gigs or other events, you have to make serious money, it maybe serious cash to me and you, but from a business sense its shite. 

I think it’s serious cash to Bolton Wanderers football club. Especially as a side project utilising an empty stadium.

3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

If that was the case, it wasn't worth the hassle. 

If we get £40k profit it 100% is worth it and all the hassle. we are a league 1 club. thats 2 / 3 admin staff paid for 12 months. 

Honestly people on here amaze me. one minute kicking off people don't get paid then next saying a revenue stream isnt worth it. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Any cash at this moment in time is obviously welcome, but I would assume any new owners would want to maximise any future profits.

Whoever organised the recent events didn't do a good job imo. Whether it would a made a difference to the state of our club financially, I very much doubt it.

Anyway, things are moving, hopefully all be completed sooner rather and later and we can get on with discussing the football, which at the end of the day is what us fans are here for.

Go on.....i will play.

How did they do a bad job  ?

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Big E said:

Go on.....i will play.

How did they do a bad job  ? 

Reports from those that went said it was a brilliant job.

If you want to do more in the future you have to make sure the ones you do now are done well.