Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

28 minutes ago, Big E said:

Go on.....i will play.

How did they do a bad job  ?

Not sure there’s any ‘they’ about it. The club just hires the the ground out to an events company and switch the lights on. Pretty sure the events company will sort the food stalls too?  

The smaller events my pal runs sort everything out bar the food and drink, which is then sub-contracted to heathcotes or similar. 

50 minutes ago, Big E said:

If we get £40k profit it 100% is worth it and all the hassle. we are a league 1 club. thats 2 / 3 admin staff paid for 12 months. 

Honestly people on here amaze me. one minute kicking off people don't get paid then next saying a revenue stream isnt worth it. 

Aye but £40k, is it worth fucking the pitch up? 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Biggish Dave, get your man JM on ere, fuck the twitter clowns :)

M's the middle name. JE his initials, works for insolvency at Cowgills so may even have some insight into club finances.

I'm sure he'd be on here if he wanted to be but hed have to ask his wife's permission 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just seen this on Twitter sheff wed lost 52 million last season and sold there stadium to cover losses, if losses continue at that rate they’re surely next for Admin.

They'll clear that debt with the compo they get off Newcastle for Steve Bruce 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just seen this on Twitter sheff wed lost 52 million last season and sold the stadium to cover losses, if losses continue at that rate they’re surely next for Admin.

Aye, we did a Derby and Villa and sold the ground to the owner to try and offset FFP, which in turn pissed off Steve Gibson which is hilarious. Given his history and Boros. Not to mention the failure payments they got, and when they run out, he cries. But, yeah, pretty much we are gonna have to sell some players or we will end up in the same situation in a year or 2

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

Aye but £40k, is it worth fucking the pitch up? 

I get your point, but what if the plan is to show you can host these events well and then get 6-8 concerts on over a fortnight or so and make it worthwhile?

10 hours ago, Traf said:

I get your point, but what if the plan is to show you can host these events well and then get 6-8 concerts on over a fortnight or so and make it worthwhile?

Even a couple of concerts, a community BBQ, an agricultural show, a stunt motor bike display, a car boot sale, a monster trucks event and a gymkhana would help. It's fairly clear that the new potential owners haven't got money to throw around so presumably part of "the plan" is to work every asset to death so there's little point in folk complaining about the potential condition of the pitch - or the team for that matter - when liquidation is the alternative. Maybe they've been to too many Polo matches and "the plan" is to invite the fans on to the pitch at half time to stomp the divots? It ain't gonna be pretty whatever happens.

19 hours ago, Traf said:

I guess, if £40k an event washes its face 

Must be some variable costs to consider 

Then you still have to land 6-8 concerts a summer 

Let’s face it, Ken has made himself out to be some sort of deal broker, bad mouthing all the deals he inherited, yet £40k for the Rod Stewart concert seems very underwhelming  

Edited by birch-chorley

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

I guess, if £40k an event washes its face 

Must be some variable costs to consider 

Then you still have to land 6-8 concerts a summer 

Let’s face it, Ken has made himself out to be some sort of deal breaker, bad mouthing all the deals he inherited, yet £40k for the Rod Stewart concert seems very underwhelming  

Surely it’s not bad profit for simply handing the keys to an event management company and getting them back Monday morning? 

Are you suggesting other stadia will get more?