Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

23 minutes ago, thegod11 said:

In Manchester tonight. Just had a right good chat with Oz. Also out with Lowe, matthews and alnwick. Him not me. I am out with a couple of right not rights.

Oz was a lovely fella. Knows nothing about take over. Adds nothing to the story like but clear that players in the dark.

Big question off this revelation.

Is he the right height to rest your pint atop his head?

31 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Big question off this revelation.

Is he the right height to rest your pint atop his head?

He is quite short. Doubt these fellas will be playing tomorrow.

Not pissed but on a night out.  

On 10/07/2019 at 10:08, Mounts Kipper said:

For a start you wouldn’t pay yourself when the business wasn’t making profit. Your defence of Anderson is ridiculous, can you just fuck of back to your own website you wanker. 

Unfortunately, Sluffy's website is struggling ATM with posts down massively in the last two months due his intolerance of the expression of concerns over Anderson's tenure and his inability to allow perspectives that differ from his own, distinguish between legitimate concerns and firm opinions or have the piss taken out of him for being so uptight.

Only 20 posts all day yesterday from a total of 4 different posters and most of those were from Sluffy himself. Shame as it used to be a decent discussion forum with some interesting characters and banter. Hopefully it will get back to being what it once was.

12 hours ago, Steejay said:

BCGS

Elizabeth Taylor - bit rough. 

Peter Sellers - Morris Green mon.

Elizabeth Taylor , witnessed her cracking a lad with a hockey stick. Guy was taking the piss , one swipe straight to his head . Game over , blood n snott everywhere.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Morizio said:

They get media training and told not to hurt the brand 

“The Brand”

what fucking brand?

7 players and a training ground - no kit and not a hot dog in site. 

10 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

“The Brand”

what fucking brand?

7 players and a training ground - no kit and not a hot dog in site. 

It’s nothing unusual and across the board. It’s why they are so noncommittal and sometimes sickeningly positive about stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It is a concerning read but definitely something Nixon the prophet of doom wouldn't hesitate to tweet about, JME worrying about things is more of a problem he sounds like he knows his stuff.

Aye he’s balls deep with bower now, who also knows his onions. 

Can’t cope with all this on Sunday 🤦🏼‍♂️

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye he’s balls deep with bower now, who also knows his onions. 

Can’t cope with all this on Sunday 🤦🏼‍♂️

Got numb to all these scares one after another now they're just washing over me, could end up sleepwalking into not having a club. 

Being at a match and only being bothered about the result feels a world away now.

Away from just Bolton though something feels really under-cooked about this new season, clubs in disarray everywhere.

Stop listening to Nixon, he isn't close to either the adminstrators or FV, he is speculating (quite widely) on a number of possibilities. The one thing I keep in mind, is the MJ has secured assets against the hotel, and he has an influence that any other party interested does not have

I can’t see how the hotel is a decent going concern in its own right 

It’s never seemed to generate a great deal of profit has it? 

I’m sure a decent hotel operator could make a relative success of it in the medium / long term (in normal circumstances) but if the club goes bust and the ground gets sold to someone who wants to flatten it for retail then where would that leave a hotel owner? 

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

I can’t see how the hotel is a decent going concern in its own right 

It’s never seemed to generate a great deal of profit has it? 

I’m sure a decent hotel operator could make a relative success of it in the medium / long term (in normal circumstances) but if the club goes bust and the ground gets sold to someone who wants to flatten it for retail then where would that leave a hotel owner? 

If a premier inn on the same site is viable I’m sure our gaff would be the same?

Theres a lot going on round there.