Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

46 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Thanks Chris, much appreciated once again.

Please don't let the usual suspects chase you off here, there's plenty like me who do want to hear your knowledge and advise in order to enlighten us, and we thank you for it.

👍👍👍

4 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Thanks Chris, much appreciated once again.

Please don't let the usual suspects chase you off here, there's plenty like me who do want to hear your knowledge and advise in order to enlighten us, and we thank you for it.

It will be no consolation to those who are going to lose out now, but it will be nice when we get all the facts and figures. At the moment it looks like the debts are not much more than they were twenty years ago when ED first arrived on the scene to help the club through the first of the numerous challenges and crises that the Beeno and its readers barely noticed.

Jack Walker got £360m for selling his business to British Steel and, so far as I can see, spent less than a quarter of it on't Rovers. Eddie could have been worth as much if he hadn't disinvested his share of the proceeds of the Strix sale in his numerous attempts to keep BWFC afloat.

Obviously this information could be rubbish, but I thought it was worth sharing anyways. 

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but a West Ham friend of mine who seems to know a lot circulating about the club claims the Bassini/David Sullivan rumors are true. He claims that Sullivan is giving money to Bassini to buy all the associated property and assets (except for the club itself). The stadium and property will then be lent back to the club, but owned by Sullivan. 

16 minutes ago, Mantra said:

I know you’re all saying don’t listen to Nixon but he just said this:

If that's true, time to concentrate on the footy side of things urgently! We need loads of players, season tickets etc need sorting sharpish. Just hope this doesn't affect the ownership of the actual football club.

Edited by Blondi

26 minutes ago, Blondi said:

If that's true, time to concentrate on the footy side of things urgently! We need loads of players, season tickets etc need sorting sharpish. Just hope this doesn't affect the ownership of the actual football club.

FV have to make a decision now, we can’t sign players until it’s completed,  if they don’t I think liquidation stares us in the face.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

2 minutes ago, darrener said:

FV really dragging there feet now, not getting a good feeling about this 😭

The whole thing has dragged on much too long and a statement is needed ASAP by the administrators as to the present status. If FV don't want it then who else is prepared to get the club. 2.5 weeks to kick off and we have 4 players and 2 goalies and no ticket policy in place is a joke.

How much do these administrators earn because it looks like its being dragged out to make more money 

6 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

The whole thing has dragged on much too long and a statement is needed ASAP by the administrators as to the present status. If FV don't want it then who else is prepared to get the club. 2.5 weeks to kick off and we have 4 players and 2 goalies and no ticket policy in place is a joke.

How much do these administrators earn because it looks like its being dragged out to make more money 

I don’t think it’s the administrators dragging their feet,  without the hotel it’s looking unlikely that FV will complete.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Is there any way we can continue administration into the season? I know it was discussed at some point here but are there any facts on that, or is it just all ifs buts and maybes?

From what’s been said previously I think it can. Problem is there’s no money to run it 

• Moderators

For all the stick custard and fluffy get, at least they base their opinion on some facts

Folk saying it's dragging on, it's taking too long, what the fcuk is that based on

Nothing, that's what

Just frustration

Like kids waiting for Christmas

Statement from the Hotel Administrator -

“While there is a close relationship between the football club and the Bolton Whites Hotel, they are two separate legal entities, which has given rise to them having their own individual secured and unsecured creditors.

“In addition, there is a substantial inter-company debt due to the hotel from the football club. It is for these reasons that separate administrators were appointed over the business and assets of the hotel and football club; to avoid potential conflicts of interest and to protect the interest of the separate stakeholders.

“As the joint administrators of Bolton Whites Hotel Limited, our statutory duty is to act in the best interests of all of the creditors of the Hotel. We are also duty bound to remain impartial. 

“At the time of our appointment, the hotel was closed. The joint administrators’ determined that re-opening the hotel would benefit all creditors. Therefore, the joint administrators focus has been on returning it to operational viability. 

“This has involved significant challenges including securing key supplies, allaying customer concerns, ensuring the hotel is re-listed on booking websites and ensuring any health and safety issues have been resolved.

“We have also implemented a programme of limited emergency capital expenditure to ensure the ongoing trading of the business.

“We could not have achieved all of this without the ongoing commitment of all of the staff of the hotel, and are pleased that we have been able to pay wages and salaries of the staff including their arrears at the date of our appointment. 

“We have commenced a marketing and sales process of the hotel and have appointed agents to manage the process, which has received significant interest from potential purchasers. We expect the process to run for four to six weeks and do not propose to comment on progress during this time, as discussions will be confidential.

“While we note press comment regarding the sale of the football club, until recently we had had only limited interaction with the football club administrators and no contact with potential purchasers of the club. 

“The joint administrators are sympathetic to the football club’s need to complete an urgent sale before the start of the new season and cognisant of the emotional impact the current situation is having on the fan base and local community. 

However, the joint administrators obligations remain to fulfil their statutory duties.”

i think it were telling something that they only give them a one goal win. they couldve given them a 10 goal victory and it wouldnt have changed anything. 

why didnt they punish bolton ? 

if they punish them now , theyre doing it for something thats been and gone. 

They should have given brentford two home games. and took whoever they could. 

they might get fined , nowt else will happen.