Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The younger players aren't being paid. They were given some wages so they could partake in the friendly. The players would need full payment to ensure they do not hand in their notice. And no chance in hell the PFA will pay outstanding wages back to March....no way. 

May convince the players thought to stay if they receive this month's pay though, i'm guessing there has been discussion with FV and players regards to it.

What if FV plan is to buy hotel and then allow a franchise to operate it - and the franchise fee - is how they are part planning to fund the running of the football club. If they can't get the hotel then potentially there could be a big whole in said business plan. 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

What if FV plan is to buy hotel and then allow a franchise to operate it - and the franchise fee - is how they are part planning to fund the running of the football club. If they can't get the hotel then potentially there could be a big whole in said business plan. 

A lot of 'IFS' there, what IF that isn't their plan?

2 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I can only assume that, in common with the chairman of the Supporters Trust, you haven't bothered to read BWFC's financial results the last time it was in League 1. If you had, you might have noticed that the operating costs of the club exceeded its income before it spent a penny on players or staff wages.

As matchday income is likely to be significantly less this time round, any new owners are going to have to be ready to stump up the whole, or virtually the whole, of the entire wage bill from their own coffers. Little wonder that FV pulled back from taking on the entire debt bill as well or that funding the takeover is proving difficult.

Can I suggest that anyone genuinely interested read at least pages 4 and 5 of the 2017 BL Group accounts, available FOC here.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00335699/filing-history

From what I can see, turnover £8.3m, cost of sales + admin costs £6.9m which would allow for £1.5m in wages 

Clearly turnover would be lower, but then again you’ve got to question why it costs us £6.9m just to open the doors when other clubs in League 1 can operate at a much lower cost 

I appreciate that our facilities are more extensive and as such costs will be higher but we are meant to be benefiting from the ability to hold conferences, events etc - the stadium should go someway to Washing it’s own face otherwise why bother doing anything other than just holding football matches 

4 hours ago, lowcarbon said:

Curious, what happens to these inter company loans between club and hotel, do they need paying in full or 25p?

I would speculate that this is one of the areas that is a bone of contention between the two sets of Administrators (and maybe even impacts on James/PBP secured creditors claim?)

It seems that £4m of the £5.5m James secured on the hotel was quickly 'loaned' by the hotel to the club and not repaid.

However the list of creditors given by the clubs Administrator does not show this loan on his list?

This possibly explains why the list states PBP as a secured creditor for an 'uncertain' amount of money?

Why would the Administrator refer to PBP rather than the hotel, well possibly if the belief at the time was that there was insufficient funds to satisfy James/PBP's charge and that they were going to crystallise their debt by taking the hotel as full payment for it?

However the hotel Administrator may take the view that £4m of the loan was always intended to go into the clubs pocket and so the real loan from James into the hotel was actually just £1.5m, leaving Anderson to mop up the rest (circa £3m) of whatever the hotel eventually sells for as the next secured creditor - in which case he would also become the majority creditor in terms of debt outstanding?

It's clear anyway that the fly in the ointment regarding FV signing on the dotted line is something to do with the hotel.  It can't be as Nixon and others believe, to be the hotel significantly funding the running costs of the club in future, it doesn't make that sort of profit to do so.  Neither would franchising it.

It can't be anything to do with parking for its customers, sufficient parking will always be provided by some means, so it must boil down to money - namely the PBP/James secured £5.5m I would suggest.

So I guess it is either the need for the money up front to help complete the purchase or the question as to what is the actual amount agreed by both Administrators that James/PBP are secured for - and against who, the club, the hotel, or a bit of both?

If it is the former then maybe that explains the request to the PFA to help out by paying the players wages (that must add up to over £2m by now I guess) and refunded when the hotel money comes through.  However I don't see what the PFA can secure their loan against?

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Chirs Dawson is taking his car sticker off today. 

Meanwhile Jay Jay 3465 wants to know why someone who doesn’t own the club can’t pay the wages of some people who don’t work for them. 

What kind of ceremony; will there be cake? 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

Alan Fudson is a parody account of Nixon

aye but the real one said it too

edit: but I think that's become clear now

Edited by ZicoKelly

21 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Wonder if it’s one of those “ dont follow me follow Bwfc”

No - he will be one of the "Once In Never Out" brigade unless he disagrees with owner/manager/location, and numerous other excuses

Not sure Chris can drive anyway. Although I did see a video of a dog driving once so it’s possible. 

Lunatics not only got control of the asylum, they’ve now got a media platform and their own brand of merchandise.