Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Assuming that FV or liquidation are the only options as I think Sluffy said a few pages back, what is the longest this can go on? Not trying to feed more speculation but is there any financial date everything would need to be sorted by before the first game of the season?

Assuming to start the season the players need paid, season tickets need doing, kits etc...

There must be some “deadline” very soon as to when the deal must be done.

Maybe FV have new kit suppliers, season tickets, player wages ready to pay out as soon as they get control but I mean, it’s not like that could be done on August 2, right?

I would imagine it would be the week of 29 July at the very latest, otherwise we won’t be ready to start the season, surely?

Whats wrong with last seasons kit? and strictly speaking dont need season ticket sales sorting before first home game - if at all (although I supposed they will have factored in S/T revenue in budgets)

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It can go on for as long as the league allow us to be members. Whenever they start asking "ermm who are your registered players and can you assure us of your membership for the full forthcoming season" is the point at which the thing collapses. Because then you're not buying a football club but a ground and everything else and in effect that is when the admins will liquidate.

When that is - who knows - but my guess is sometime next week the question will be asked. The league will need some time to avoid the embarrassment. 

Cheers, that would make sense.

Honestly though, the spineless EFL would probably rather see our youngsters get slaughtered every week than have the club liquidate. Bet they’ll bend over backwards for any deal to go through even if they don’t fully comply with FPP.

Just now, Mantra said:

Honestly though, the spineless EFL would probably rather see our youngsters get slaughtered every week than have the club liquidate. Bet they’ll bend over backwards for any deal to go through even if they don’t fully comply with FPP.

Its possible. But the u18s would have to be registered - and there might be issues if a Takeover isn't done around insurance. Also by registering them it means they are our squad for the whole season. Would the league want a bunch of kids getting slaughtered week in week out 9-0 and stuff like that? I'm betting not.

The league would rather we disappeared now then fucked up their season again. 

1 minute ago, bwfc2003 said:

Whats wrong with last seasons kit? and strictly speaking dont need season ticket sales sorting before first home game - if at all (although I supposed they will have factored in S/T revenue in budgets)

Nothing wrong with it, whether that’s allowed or not, I haven’t a clue.

Good point on season tickets, I just think these things have to either all be sorted for the start of the season, or there won’t be a club there. Most important of all the player wages.

Just now, Mantra said:

Nothing wrong with it, whether that’s allowed or not, I haven’t a clue.

Good point on season tickets, I just think these things have to either all be sorted for the start of the season, or there won’t be a club there. Most important of all the player wages.

Regards kit - just nip to JD sports  and get 15 white shirts and a green one for goalie - numbers on the back and we are away

Pretty sure its not a rule to have names and logos on shirts - 

1 minute ago, bwfc2003 said:

Regards kit - just nip to JD sports  and get 15 white shirts and a green one for goalie - numbers on the back and we are away

I’d actually love to see that, would have a vintage look about it.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mantra said:

To be honest, so would I!

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Monday #BigDay

hot off the press 

😉

What's t'crack?

I'm reassured by the fact that all today's bollocks is based on the release of 1 document that actually only tells us what we already knew ie. the finances are a mess.

Not a SINGLE person from the FV consortium has spoken. Until they do, I'm saying it'll be reet.

10 minutes ago, Mantra said:

So would I. Go EFL!

Just now, Spider said:

What's t'crack?

I'm reassured by the fact that all today's bollocks is based on the release of 1 document that actually only tells us what we already knew ie. the finances are a mess.

Not a SINGLE person from the FV consortium has spoken. Until they do, I'm saying it'll be reet.

The bigger worry is players handed notice in a while ago and rumours of a mass walkout....

It worries me the most simply because the EFL must be getting twitchy...

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The bigger worry is players handed notice in a while ago and rumours of a mass walkout....

It worries me the most simply because the EFL must be getting twitchy...

Rumours.

Let's wait and see what FV have to say.

14 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Pretty sure it is... 

Re last season, do you think the kit manager had the foresight to retain sufficient strips without printing? 

9 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

So would I. Go EFL!

I was using spineless as an adjective for the EFL in general, my point was that they’ll let any deal go through I think, regardless of later consequences. Fine by me as long as we survive but not a long term solution.