Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Maybe it's because they support and are showing solidarity towards the stance being made by the senior players. This highlights the shit we're in because of the action or lack of, by the EFL, administrators and all other uninterested parties.

Maybe but would of thought some of the younger players would jump at the chance to get the experience 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Okocha10 said:

Maybe but would of thought some of the younger players would jump at the chance to get the “absolutely battered”

Sorry mate couldn’t resist 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Okocha10 said:

Maybe but would of thought some of the younger players would jump at the chance to get the experience 

But in 10 or so years time, some of these junior players will be the senior players. What if exactly the same things happen again. Will the senior players then expect solidarity from the juniors? It'd be a bit hypocritical if they played now then expected support later.

8 minutes ago, MickyD said:

But in 10 or so years time, some of these junior players will be the senior players. What if exactly the same things happen again. Will the senior players then expect solidarity from the juniors? It'd be a bit hypocritical if they played now then expected support later.

You would like to think this situation would never arise again, I’m sure some would think this would be the best chance to ever play for the first team, supposedly the youth players have been paid as well according to Marc Iles so are they not breaking there contract? 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

You would like to think this situation would never arise again, I’m sure some would think this would be the best chance to ever play for the first team, supposedly the youth players have been paid as well according to Marc Iles so are they not breaking there contract? 

But they'll be part of the Player's Union. As such, they'll be advised (not instructed) not to break the strike by playing.  If they opted to ignore this advice then obviously nothing will be done to them but these things do have a habit of biting your arse in the future.

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

But they'll be part of the Player's Union. As such, they'll be advised (not instructed) not to break the strike by playing.  If they opted to ignore this advice then obviously nothing will be done to them but these things do have a habit of biting your arse in the future.

If this is case then we will be fucked against Wycombe, I’m sure the senior players protested playing against York but still the younger players played. You are probably right though im guessing they want to show solidarity for the senior players who they will be mates with  

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

Anybody buying a season ticket, if and when they become available, is a fucking mentalist 

I’ll be still buying one, it’s like a drug for me watching Bolton also an it’s excuse to have a weekend away for the missus! 

3 hours ago, Flannel Truscott said:

Are you a patronising cunt to everyone in the real world, or just on the internet? 

Sadly I suspect he is.

I now ignore any of his/her posts and just scroll to the next one, it works for me 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

I’ll be still buying one, it’s like a drug for me watching Bolton also an it’s excuse to have a weekend away for the missus! 

Make sure you pay by direct debit, so that you only lose up to a month’s worth of money if we go pop.

2 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

He can't trump anybody as FV are the admins preferred bidders, until that status has disappeared Fawaz cannot make a move for the club.

Yes that’s true  . I meant if he was interested in the club and not just hotel he would of made a bid at the right time just think unfortunately he isn’t interested in us just making money same as Bassini and Sullivan in property 

• Site Supporter

It'll be monthly Direct Debit for me just to give myself a bit of leverage my way. I reckon they already owe me my May 19 payment for not playing a game after they took my cash.

17 minutes ago, Blondi said:

You can count me in.

And me.

I'll let the "once in never out, so sad my club is dying" lot watch the updates from Hogarth's.

Club needs cashflow and for its stayaway moaners to not stay away anymore and to put money where their mouths are. I'd buy mine as soon as they go on sale.

If we still have a club I'll be getting a season ticket again. Anyone calling themselves a Bolton fan for the last few years who could attend and can afford to buy tickets but doesn't (and doesn't contribute financially in some other way) can kiss my arse.

Edited by tkonion
Clarification

33 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Or credit card, club get money up front and buyer has more protection too. 

What’s the craic with that if we started the season but didn’t finish it? I normally pay in full on credit card for our three season tickets and would rather do so again so that the club has the cash flow, but the direct debit thing makes sense to me to get some money back if the worst happened.