Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

It does beggar belief that some of our fellow supporters can threaten to throw the towel in on the club their, kids, brothers, fathers and grandparents support.  I’m sorry, but I think we have a duty to fight on if we are fortunate enough to kick another football.   When the HMS Sheffield and Sir Galahad got sunk in The Falklands our troops didn’t throw white flags up in the air, they fought on and got the job done.  It’s not anybody’s fault who’s negotiating contracts at the club, so let’s have a bit of patience whilst there’s still lights on.   Chill out, it’s not in our hands, but time will tell. 

Deary me. 

7 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Wow!

With fans like you I wouldn't blame Michael James and EDT thinking to themselves 'why are we even bothering'  and walking away.

No doubt you, Shortland and your mates would be more than happy for that to happen.

Why have you interpreted the post you quoted as criticism of Michael James and EDT?

55 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

There's a massive difference between being at war (or conflict) and a football club being in the shit. I don't know how you can even equate the two things. In this day and age where every single game can usually be found live somewhere online it doesn't surprise me one bit that people have lost interest. How many were on at the Boro game at the end of last season ? Someone said around 5000 season ticket holders couldn't be arsed to turn up. That says it all. Watching the dire football served up over the last few years has probably made a lot of people change their minds about giving a fuck now.

I think that thanks to this sorry affair we will be lucky to see 5k on for the first home game. People are just sick to the back teeth of it. 

53 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

There's a massive difference between being at war (or conflict) and a football club being in the shit. I don't know how you can even equate the two things. In this day and age where every single game can usually be found live somewhere online it doesn't surprise me one bit that people have lost interest. How many were on at the Boro game at the end of last season ? Someone said around 5000 season ticket holders couldn't be arsed to turn up. That says it all. Watching the dire football served up over the last few years has probably made a lot of people change their minds about giving a fuck now.

Oh I know there’s a huge difference, my point was you can’t just give up and I honestly think most fans won’t, they’ll remember our last stay in this league and the days out and carry on supporting the club.  The good and the bad have to be witnessed, they make the future glory days that much better and satisfying, that’s what I was putting over.

1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

For the benefit of us all, would you be kind enough to set out in a clear and incisive way:

1. How much you believe the debt increased during KA's chairmanship?
  2. How much you believe KA took out and how much of it you believe went to Holdsworth and the liquidators of SSBWFC?
  3. How much the administrators costs have amounted to so far and what they are predicted to amount to?
  4. How much you believe KA borrowed and injected into the club in an attempt to try to avoid insolvency?

I don't think that would be to anybody's benefit because at this stage he knows as many of the facts as you, Sluffy and everyone else do -  i.e. none whatsoever.

Edited by Hoppy510

9 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

I don't think that would be to anybody's benefit because at this stage he knows as many of the facts as you do i.e. none.

There's plenty of people with plenty of opinions who know sod all and understand even less. Some have been paid to report on BWFC for years and are still as close to clueless as makes no difference.

Lets wait for RRF's incision shall we. He's a qualified accountant and a qualified accountant ought to be capable of figuring most of it out and provide a coherent response.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

• Site Supporter

I doubt very much it will happen but would love many of our stay aways to realise how close to folding the club is - no more once in a blue moon glory away days, and do something about it like turn up at a few home games.

Most clubs who have gone through this kind of shit come back with a galvanised fan base. We’ll have a majorly apathetic fan base

19 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

There's plenty of people with plenty of opinions who know sod all and understand even less. Some have been paid to report on BWFC for years and are still as close to clueless as makes no difference.

Lets wait for RRF's incision shall we. He's a qualified accountant and a qualified accountant ought to be capable of figuring most of it out and provide a coherent response.

Whether he chooses to answer your questions or not has no bearing on whether Sluffy's post lack incision. They either do or don't.

On 18/07/2019 at 09:00, matty2094 said:

Bye then

To borrow a commonly used proverb, if they played in the streets, I'd support from the pavements. Whether it be Middlebrook or Premier 5s, I'll be there regardless. 

Yes I'm as tired of all this shite as you are but weekends without football sounds bland as fuck to me

Yes that is exactly what I am saying

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, darrener said:

I think that thanks to this sorry affair we will be lucky to see 5k on for the first home game. People are just sick to the back teeth of it. 

If we put a team out against Coventry and you can attend but choose not to, you really are pushing it if you claim to be a fan of bwfc

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Why have you interpreted the post you quoted as criticism of Michael James and EDT?

I would have thought that was blindingly obvious to everyone - clearly not by Road Runner's reaction and your question?

It's because James and EDT have been putting in the hard hours and millions of pounds trying to save BWFC from oblivion and the thanklessness and total lack of respect they get for doing so by a few self obsessed ultra fans is proclaim at public meetings that they are doing fuck all about saving the club and now wanting them cast aside for someone who hasn't even stated he's at all interested in the club and is only linked to it by esteemed journalist such as Alan (Bassini has bought the club) Nixon and Marc (Anderson holds first claim on the hotel) Iles.

If I was James or EDT I'd seriously be wondering why I am even bothering to save the club at all for such supporters as these.

• Moderators

I'm no fan of iles but I think he's done a fair job recently

I do agree there was an undercurrent of criticism of FV in Friday's piece

I felt it unnecessary but I think he started playing to his crowd

Everyone wants conclusion but there's nothing any of us can do and I'm pretty sure FV are doing all they can

14 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I would have thought that was blindingly obvious to everyone - clearly not by Road Runner's reaction and your question?

It's because James and EDT have been putting in the hard hours and millions of pounds trying to save BWFC from oblivion and the thanklessness and total lack of respect they get for doing so by a few self obsessed ultra fans is proclaim at public meetings that they are doing fuck all about saving the club and now wanting them cast aside for someone who hasn't even stated he's at all interested in the club and is only linked to it by esteemed journalist such as Alan (Bassini has bought the club) Nixon and Marc (Anderson holds first claim on the hotel) Iles.

If I was James or EDT I'd seriously be wondering why I am even bothering to save the club at all for such supporters as these.

So would I especially if you had to continue putting up with Iles of the Beeno. He's telling his dumbass readers this morning that the arrangement by which PBP stumped up £5.5m to help rescue the club in 2016 was a ' so-called “commercial arrangement” '

I don't know if Michael James has a temper or not but Iles will drive him to the limits just as he did with Garty and Anderson.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

2 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

So would I especially if you had to continue putting up with Iles of the Beeno. He's telling his dumbass readers this morning that the arrangement by which PBP stumped up £5.5m to help rescue the club in 2016 was a ' so-called “commercial arrangement” '

‘Telling his dumbass readers’

Jeez... your level of condescending arrogance just has no limits 🙄

Edited by Daveh

4 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

You just don't get it

FV may be working round the clock for the club BUT we are less than two weeks away from either the first fixture of the season or oblivion. Its been a few weeks since they signed the Heads of Terms and although I am not suggesting its easy going through this process it appears to most that they are playing games to get both club and hotel. Now they have been named then some communication of their intentions and possible time scales may reduce the overall concerns that any fan of BWFC must have at this point.

If you are to respond to this then get to the point as I am not reading one of your excessive long threads which could be done in one sentence

2 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

You just don't get it

FV may be working round the clock for the club BUT we are less than two weeks away from either the first fixture of the season or oblivion. Its been a few weeks since they signed the Heads of Terms and although I am not suggesting its easy going through this process it appears to most that they are playing games to get both club and hotel. Now they have been named then some communication of their intentions and possible time scales may reduce the overall concerns that any fan of BWFC must have at this point.

If you are to respond to this then get to the point as I am not reading one of your excessive long threads which could be done in one sentence

Ok.

You're the one who clearly doesn't 'get' what they need to do and how they need to do it, in order to complete the sale and save the club!

Is that more to your liking?

1 hour ago, Hoppy510 said:

I don't think that would be to anybody's benefit because at this stage he knows as many of the facts as you, Sluffy and everyone else do -  i.e. none whatsoever.

This 👍🏻

There's no way FV would put out a statement which read along the lines of "we are trying to finalise a deal but it is being held up by X, Y and/or Z as a result of which it may or it may not go ahead" as presumably negotiations are ongoing and they wouldn't want to muddy the waters any further.

Even if they were daft enough to do that it would only confuse the matter even further.