Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

30 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

Bolton. Players were told by admin ‘fixer’ last week that couldn’t be paid in full because they had to give Ken Anderson more than expected to leave. That went down well ...

As per Nixon 

Guest Nordkurve
16 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I might not be back from holiday for the Coventry game but hopefully I'll have paid for my season ticket before it and if we've not got to that point I will have bought a single ticket if they are available.

I don't really buy into this idea of kids wanting to go to the Etihad rather than watching us, you take them early enough and regularly and they learn over time that by and large you take the experience as a whole and the result is meaningless but the belonging is the thing.

If a kid is only watching MOTD and they're not sharing summat with u then of course the odds are they'll go for glamour, we're the parents and it's down to us to make them fans surely?

My eldest daughter has been to the wanderers a handful of times and has talked about going to watch a few women's games but when ive mentioned BWFC ladies she's said they are wank and so i've not taken her to any ladies games.

Lost my point somewhere along the line cos of Sunday arvo cider, but basically we have to buy tickets if we can because otherwise we might end up decorating at weekends.

It might be me getting older, but Kids are different now. Still got arms and legs and shit, but also PS4, Internet etc. We had nothing to do other than to play football in the park, and look forward to going to the match. It's too easy to "not" be bothered to go to the game nowadays.

I would say kids are mentally weaker than we were, BUT we didn't have internet bullies when I was growing up, which means some kids get bullied 7 days a week. We also were scared of our teachers (in general), as getting sent to the headmaster for either the whip, slipper etc was something not to look forward too, plus the odd board duster wizzing pass the old head was enough to stop disruption. Parents aren't allowed to discipline kids now, so there are a number of reasons why they changed as often as the wind.

Being a football supporter means less now than it did

2 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I might not be back from holiday for the Coventry game but hopefully I'll have paid for my season ticket before it and if we've not got to that point I will have bought a single ticket if they are available.

I don't really buy into this idea of kids wanting to go to the Etihad rather than watching us, you take them early enough and regularly and they learn over time that by and large you take the experience as a whole and the result is meaningless but the belonging is the thing.

If a kid is only watching MOTD and they're not sharing summat with u then of course the odds are they'll go for glamour, we're the parents and it's down to us to make them fans surely?

My eldest daughter has been to the wanderers a handful of times and has talked about going to watch a few women's games but when ive mentioned BWFC ladies she's said they are wank and so i've not taken her to any ladies games.

Lost my point somewhere along the line cos of Sunday arvo cider, but basically we have to buy tickets if we can because otherwise we might end up decorating at weekends.

I'm on the young-ish side of things and in all honesty if a kid would rather support Manchester City, they can piss off and do so. Can't stand glory hunters and don't have any desire to have people with that mindset supporting the same club as me. 

Edited by BIGBW

5 minutes ago, BIGBW said:

I'm on the young-ish side of things and in all honesty if a kid would rather support Manchester City, they can piss off and do so. Can't stand glory hunters and don't have any desire to have people with that mindset supporting the same club as me. 

It’s amazing how clueless Nixon is about the process yet so determined he is right. The bloke doesn’t seem to get that if someone, anyone had 25M to put straight down that we’d have been sold months and months ago. And that has been the case for the past few years...

32 minutes ago, Big E said:

So from Nixon’s tweet am I right assuming it’s all sorted now? 

He’s saying what needs to happen not what has happened. As he confirmed a few tweets later. Mind he’s just guessing.