Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Kane57

Taken over?

11 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

In fairness to Howard he was asked If he thought BSA was involved in one of the consortiums and replied unlikely 

If you read "involved " as meaning as an investor he is most likely correct

If however someone asked had the Dark Horse Consortium sounded out BSA  in advance and got from him a commitment to participate in some capacity if they are successful with their bid and then used that as part of their package that persuaded ED Trustees to support that bid  -that's when it potentially gets very  interesting

Phew! 

To be fair, H is a fucking legend..

hopefully

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Phew! 

To be fair, H is a fucking legend..

hopefully

There's an article that's come up on the Burnden Aces website 

https://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2019/03/22/sam-allardyce-expresses-interest-in-bolton-return.html

Hope they dont mind me quoting a section of it .... looks as though its from a Talk Sport Interview he has done today which is where presumably this speculation has arisen from 

Whilst appearing to rule out a potential return as manager, the 64-year-old has expressed a desire to assist in a boardroom capacity but only if a consortium approached him for support.

"It's crossed my mind many times," he added. "That can only be done by the right backers wanting me to do it.

"I don't think I'd ever go back and manage them - I think that's somebody else's job now - but in terms of helping out and running it, yes it would interest me.

"But the first thing for Bolton is not me. The first thing is finding a consortium to take over what is a great club, with great facilities and a fantastic stadium."

What would he know about being on the board?

17 minutes ago, Boothy said:

What would he know about being on the board?

Director of football.

I think he would be good at it.

All this stuff about buying out of davies's chunk and cutting king ken out .. he (davies) sold it to Sports Shield in the first place , i think the quote was "i know they have the money" but about 6 months later Sports Shield was bankrupt and ken anderson owned 96% of bwfc shares . 

Whether Ken Anderson can afford to keep it running is up to him , he's said he cannot. 

so .. why would you buy out the davies's 5-10 million holdover to seize the club from under his nose or force ken to sell or give it to you? . If

A, you are loaded. 

B, have the clubs interests first in mind. 

seems to me that Anderson doesnt want to be in a position were he sells it to the first knobhead that comes in like Davies did. 

When i looked it up, burden leisure turned over more money than jeff thomas's UKCloud .

i laughed when that collapsed because it felt like they were trying to run out the clock . couldnt believe he'd got another 3 weeks when it went to the court . 

The going round Anderson and things [wait til they get put in adminstration, then buy them] talk doesnt inspire confidence. 

I'd rather hear " I can talk to other interested parties " , "There is a new bidder" , even if its a bluff. it seems to piss off timewasters. although he cant do it forever. 

I hope it all works out

23 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

Director of football.

I think he would be good at it.

That wouldn’t be a bad shout with a young manager in place

1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

Scholes. 

4 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Nolan?

3 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Nolan?

Honestly believe there’d be 20k on with that combination 

24 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Honestly believe there’d be 20k on with that combination 

I'd be confident of much better times ahead, that's for sure.

3 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Would certainly make life interesting If Sam popped up in some capacity 

Yeh.The new board could get him to draw up a business plan and buy players  on 25-year loans arranged with a mate of Sam's that the club would still be repaying when the players are in their fifties. Check it out in his autobiography. I think you'll find it somewhere round Page 165 from memory.

PFI's got nowt on BSA

I’d be very wary of Sam having any sort of financial influence at the club. Will never forget how good we had it under his management (watched the highlights of Preston play off final and the last day Boro game on Sky today, in fact) but I feel rather uncomfortable with the idea of him being in charge of our recruitment. 

I loved Sam as manager but letting him anywhere near the clubs finances would be a big mistake..

15 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Yeh.The new board could get him to draw up a business plan and buy players  on 25-year loans arranged with a mate of Sam's that the club would still be repaying when the players are in their fifties. Check it out in his autobiography. I think you'll find it somewhere round Page 165 from memory.

PFI's got nowt on BSA

I would speculate that IF the Dark Horse Consortium are successful in  acquiring  the club and IF as I believe they have done they offer BSA a job as Director of Football , then his job will be to put in place a scouting network to  attract the right calibre of player to BWFC and to bring on board the right  manager. and save only from agreeing a salary & transfer budget  I dont envisage him being involved in any way in drawing up business plans and sorting out the funding of players 

From what little I know I can tell you this is not some dodgy outfit who have drafted out a plan on the back of a fag packet 

2 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

In fairness to Howard he was asked If he thought BSA was involved in one of the consortiums and replied unlikely 

If you read "involved " as meaning as an investor he is most likely correct

If however someone asked had the Dark Horse Consortium sounded out BSA  in advance and got from him a commitment to participate in some capacity if they are successful with their bid and then used that as part of their package that persuaded ED Trustees to support that bid  -that's when it potentially gets very  interesting

Correct, BSA wouldn’t fund, he would however be happily involved in a sabremetrics based scouting system that focuses on athletic prowess over technical. He has touted this to a number of clubs since before he was at Palace and is an ambassador/investor in an AI data analytics system that is currently used in American sports recruiting (collegiate drafts). 

Bolton and L1 would be a decent ‘beta’ site for it and give the buyers a figurehead appointment. Everybody happy. 

With BSA there’s always fire with the smoke.

Posted (edited)

Realistically, how much would we have to pay BSA to come back? I think we'd be looking at least £5m, upfront. Can't see it, and I've been drinking, but by God would it get us fans back onboard.

I'm speaking as a manager here btw. But would love to get the sports science stuff etc back.

Edited by dazl1212

28 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

I loved Sam as manager but letting him anywhere near the clubs finances would be a big mistake..

I'm with you on that. And honestly while we had great times with him, I think it's time to let it be with BSA.

Wouldn't be opposed to Nolan as manager in league 1, although I know nothing of his success other than he did alright with Notts County for a bit.

Anyone else like to see David Lee have a go? Done well with the youth teams.

Though if these new owners have some cash to splash I reckon we could get a very decent candidate in.

3 minutes ago, Mantra said:

I'm with you on that. And honestly while we had great times with him, I think it's time to let it be with BSA.

Wouldn't be opposed to Nolan as manager in league 1, although I know nothing of his success other than he did alright with Notts County for a bit.

Anyone else like to see David Lee have a go? Done well with the youth teams.

Though if these new owners have some cash to splash I reckon we could get a very decent candidate in.

Would Lee be interested in the job? I mean he's doing well with the kids and should really be safe in that job, given the talent we've brought through in recent years.

37 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

Yeah like it wont be an improvement on this cancerous egomanic chancer who is an absolute disgrace to the name of BWFC 

If the best we can afford as managers is Lee or Nolan the new owners do not have much money. 

12 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

Would Lee be interested in the job? I mean he's doing well with the kids and should really be safe in that job, given the talent we've brought through in recent years.

Depends on his ambition I suppose. Would be a loss to the youth teams, but if it's a gain to the first team I'm all for it.

My impression is that once we are taken over by this Mystery Buyer we will get in a good appointment. It's a shame we missed out on Gary Bowyer. But plenty of others who can get us out of League 1. More dependent on the players I would say.

1 minute ago, Ani said:

If the best we can afford as managers is Lee or Nolan the new owners do not have much money. 

Not saying that is the best. Maybe with Basran that would've been the case, but if we have funds we can definitely get someone of better experience in.

Despite all the calls on Twitter for Parkinson's head I've not actually seen many good suggestions. Someone said Carlos Cavalhal but would he be interested in managing in League 1? Doubt it, maybe if he's got funds to spend.

Just now, Mantra said:

Not saying that is the best. Maybe with Basran that would've been the case, but if we have funds we can definitely get someone of better experience in.

Despite all the calls on Twitter for Parkinson's head I've not actually seen many good suggestions. Someone said Carlos Cavalhal but would he be interested in managing in League 1? Doubt it, maybe if he's got funds to spend.

To be honest, I don't see how Nolan is a bad League One appointment.