Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 minutes ago, John Galt said:

I have to say I'm quite surprised at the length of the adjournment, must have found a lenient judge on a good day.

Bassini is very much just a front for a consortium of far eastern business men, not just Thai, there is also funds from the Philippines, and quite possibly Singapore. Believe me, he will be kept in check if this tranfer of ownership goes through

Why have such a dickhead as the front man ? 

Just now, RatchetMan said:

Spin it how you like. The fact is, the EFL have failed miserably, they are able to work alongside the club and make recommendations to Anderson. They’ve sat back and allowed him to build this circus 

It isn't spin. Some people's expectations of what the EFL can do - are simply unrealistic. 

We could and arguably should change the whole structure of the game and give the EFL a real stake in clubs. But we aren't there. The rules are as they are. And the EFL do not have the power to force anything.

They can only approve/not approve based on their documented rules. And whatever we think about that IF the choice is liquidation or sell to Bassini (assuming he can meet the requirements of the EFL) what would you have them do? Change the rules to ensure Bassini cannot buy the club and see the club disappear?

4 minutes ago, John Galt said:

I have to say I'm quite surprised at the length of the adjournment, must have found a lenient judge on a good day.

Bassini is very much just a front for a consortium of far eastern business men, not just Thai, there is also funds from the Philippines, and quite possibly Singapore. Believe me, he will be kept in check if this tranfer of ownership goes through

Who are you?

3 minutes ago, John Galt said:

As I said earlier,  boot of a motor and cock chopped off if he starts giving it the big un in levels on a sat night 

26 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

This is all very depressing, possibly another month of this back and forth bullshit. Only to be eventually sold to a consortium/group/individual who doesn’t have enough money to take us forward.

I think it has to be done in 7 days or Howard mob get the shares 

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It isn't spin. Some people's expectations of what the EFL can do - are simply unrealistic. 

We could and arguably should change the whole structure of the game and give the EFL a real stake in clubs. But we aren't there. The rules are as they are. And the EFL do not have the power to force anything.

They can only approve/not approve based on their documented rules. And whatever we think about that IF the choice is liquidation or sell to Bassini (assuming he can meet the requirements of the EFL) what would you have them do? Change the rules to ensure Bassini cannot buy the club and see the club disappear?

But bassini isn't buying the club is he, he's not got the money, he's just a front who will probably end up with a nice sweetener for his trouble. 

I’m putting it out there. Howard is John Galt.

Why the fuck would the front of a potential consortium that fell away a month ago still be knocking about on a forum to discuss other potential bidders?

All very strange and I’m not sure of the end game but I get more sceptical of it all by the day.

After today’s court hearing I’m even more confident in my detailed and balanced opinion that it’ll be reet.

33 minutes ago, John Galt said:

Welcome back Kenneth

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I know we are 'involved' as supporters, so maybe it seems worse, but have any other takeovers been so involved and cloak and dagger.

Yep - see Blackburn and Venkys with Jerome Anderson for example....

32 minutes ago, John Galt said:

It's easier to stay in the shadows if someone else basks in the light

No it is easier to stay in the shadows if no one is pointing a torch in your face. 

35 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

What I would say about the EFL is that their FFP rules will limit the number of wealthy buyers as promotions cannot be ‘bought’ without somehow hyper inflating turnover. 

Im not linking the two, but there have long been rumours that a certain Thai owner would privately fund an associates purchase of an EFL team with a view to being able to inflate turnover via received transfer fees.

Like the old days on champ manager, you take over another club to milk them dry 

In this case, someone could buy us to then pay millions to another club in transfer fees just so the other club has greater turnover to navigate FFP 

Plausoble but it would stick out like a saw thumb if we continually bought shite players from one club for top money 

On another note, if your mob have bought these shares from Moonshift and Ken (ICI) aren’t planning on paying them back, do your lot stand to lose out then? Must have been circa £5m to £8m to acquire the debt from moonshift