Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, Mantra said:

You make a good point but in my view, I’d rather have a company not involved with Bassini buy the club than one that is involved with him.

People were aware of Ken’s dodgy background and he’s definitely proven worthy of his reputation.

bassini isn’t much different. Sure if it means avoiding extinction then I’ll take him but if there’s an option where somebody doesn’t have a dodgy as fuck background I’ll definitely take the gamble on them.

Bassini has stated he has proof that he was made the scapegoat whilst at Watford, not saying I believe him by the way

Just watched the LoV on twitter and he says we have 28 days plus 7 which takes it to first week in May. Is it possible that we will make it through the season somehow and then the takeover drags on all through the close season and we find ourselves with no players come pre season.

Todays adjournment feels like a victory, ie - we've still got a club.

At this moment in time i couldn't give a fcuk if it's Basran, Bassani,Bahrainis or Onion fuckin Bhaji's

We've not been liquidated

And Kens still a cunt 

Edited by Burndens Bogs

3 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Bassini has stated he has proof that he was made the scapegoat whilst at Watford, not saying I believe him by the way

And that his second bankruptcy was due to the massive legal fees incurred trying to clear his name.

I can see what’s coming next.. 

Bassini and his mob will be struggling to complete before the 10th

this gives Howard’s mob the chance to move in. Take what they initially went out to take. At no further cost or problem to them. The door is wide open 

suddenly on the 10th Howard advises his mob don’t have any intention of completing the deal due to their dealings with Ken. How he’s strung them along, how that could impact on their integrity (even though no fucker knows who they are and never will if they wanted) blah blah blah

the seeds have been sewn on that lot backing away for a good week or so now & nothing gives me the idea they are steadfast in their view of buying us as of today 

then we’re left with Bassini or liquidation 

if Howard’s mob wanted us, have the opportunity and do so then fair play. Anything else is a load of old bollocks

Edited by barrycowdrill

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

And that his second bankruptcy was due to the massive legal fees incurred trying to clear his name.

Not saying I believe him Traf, but if he is acting as the front man for someone else and then is fucked off once the deal is complete then I would be happy, if not and he has a role to play at the club then I will be concerned

31 minutes ago, Mantra said:

@Howardroark how do you think things play out now?

Your bidders in one respect got their wish - the adjournment means if other deals aren’t completed by the 10th you can take the club, so that must be a positive for you.

on the other hand, Hilary only asked for 7 days so there must be some confidence in a deal getting done in this timeframe. If a deal is completed then, unlucky for you.

is is possible that it’s just stalling by Ken in your eyes, trying to create an auction again perhaps? You seem to think bassini has the cash and it’s just a matter of doing due diligence and getting the cash here from overseas that are causing a delay.

any reasons your bidders should feel optimistic, or are you still feeling that it’s unlikely that it will get to the 10th without a buyer?

Surely the fact that only 7 days were sought was to keep Dark Horse out of the picture, in line with KA's wishes.

2 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Surely the fact that only 7 days were sought was to keep Dark Horse out of the picture, in line with KA's wishes.

I don't think that would have worked, because H's buyers would call the shares back on Tuesday and register them on Wednesday, presumably before the hearing if it was 7 days 

4 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Have a feeling that Bassini could easily fall through. Parties have come and gone before, Bassini could find the 13 million hole that Howard's mentioned and think fuck that.

If that's the case then Howard's men get us on the 10th. So if we are to believe that, we will have new owners by 10th April no matter what. That's progress at least, although we thought that about April 2nd and then a stipulation occurred. Can't imagine anything else that could go wrong with the Share Recall though.

The thing that worries me about Bassini is that if the people behind this think he is a good front man does nt that mean they either have worse to hide or are just bad judges of character.

If i set up a kids summer camp up called 'Saville and Glitter' named after the 2 camp ambassadors, but said it was ok because some mystery person was behind it, would folk send their kids ?

Edited by Ani

12 minutes ago, Ani said:

The thing that worries me about Bassini is that if the people behind this think he is a good front man does nt that mean they either have worse to hide or are just bad judges of character.

If i set up a kids summer camp up called 'Saville and Glitter' named after the 2 camp ambassadors, but said it was ok because some mystery person was behind it, would folk send their kids ?

I get your point, but maybe they are just using him for his knowledge of acquiring a football club. Hopefully they are just using him

how much would the camp be by the way?

Edited by Pricey

15 minutes ago, Pricey said:

I get your point, but maybe they are just using him for his knowledge of acquiring a football club. Hopefully they are just using him

how much would the camp be by the way?

I think you would like glitter camp pricey