Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

31 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Not now no, he either sells by Tuesday or his shares will be recalled. Either way we should have new owners on Wednesday

I think we all know it’s doubtful we’ll have new owners in by Wednesday - due diligence/fit & proper persons checks etc etc. In fact i would imagine that kens shares won’t be taken & we’ll have to remain “Kenned up” for a little while yet.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I think we all know it’s doubtful we’ll have new owners in by Wednesday - due diligence/fit & proper persons checks etc etc

Howards MB has already done all the necessary checks, from what I understand it will just be a case of registering the shares

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yeah...seems really well informed...

The Bassini rumour is absolute rubbish and has been thrown in by our glorious leader himself to cause mayhem and chaos and to force the walkaways who are are staunch #bwfc supporters back to the table !

It’s an anti KA propaganda account ran by a troll. Look at the historical tweets.

Anyway, Bassini - he is obviously of dubious past.

But we know that.

”Howard’s men/boys” as they seem to have been christened - we don’t know either way right? (Unless I’ve missed something today and I’m not reading all of it)

So why would so many folk back them?

or not?

seeing as we don’t know who they are....

Edited by jules_darby

31 minutes ago, Ani said:

The thing everyone seems to be ignoring is that the club asked for a week and got 5. Only reason can see for that would be judge taking into account the incorrectly served document. 

Unless there is a better explanation. 

I think it gave him a clear choice next time up.

Either the club has been sold by then or it will fold on that date.

If the club were to fold in April the league table would have to be rejigged very late in the season, potentially affecting direct promotion, play-off places, and relegation.

Obviously best if the takeover is completed next Wednesday and all bills paid.

5 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

”Howard’s men” as they seem to have been christened - we don’t know either way right? (Unless I’ve missed something today and I’m not reading all of it)

or not?

Because they're fucking simpletons, generally.

40 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

Do one you deluded fool. 

Ken has ruined us, he’s ruined our reputation, he’s treated staff, players, former players, current players, other clubs & all the spectators absolutely horribly.

No way on this earth can he be defended.

Doidge wasn’t shit, he was played in the wrong system by our shite manager.

hes a goal scorer in the right system. 

Just for the record, I believe Forest Green are set up just to play to Doidge's strengths.

If so since he returned to them he's scored 5 league goals - but only 2 of them in their last 11 games - this remember at League 2 level (the fourth tier).

He's played every minute of every match apart from his first game back (v Bury) where he came off in the 81st minute no doubt to a standing ovation from those Bolton supporters who travelled nearly a 400 mile round trip to buy one of Dale Vince's 'No Ken Do' T-shirts with all funds going to the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Trust.

Still think he's a goal scorer?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/christian-doidge/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/255353/saison/2018/wettbewerb/GB4/verein/3455

Nothing personal against the lad, I hope he comes good but on his present form it seems Parkinson was right not to rate him at Championship level even though you clearly think you know best.

1 hour ago, Eavesy said:

If he hadn’t burnt his bridges in recent weeks he’d be an excellent choice.

Outside of him having no money he’s proven quite good at managing a club with little or major financial backing, whilst also improving revenue streams.

....and channeling them into his own pocket!

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I think more because their representative on here has come on and spoken in decent and apparently open way. And anyone sounds better than the other two !! 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

In fairness there's been nothing to get behind has there?

A lot of ifs, huge and maybes surrounding Howard's supposed group, but you can't blame folk for hoping.

If and when Bassini and his backers succeed, then there will be something concrete.

14 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

I think it gave him a clear choice next time up.

Either the club has been sold by then or it will fold on that date.

If the club were to fold in April the league table would have to be rejigged very late in the season, potentially affecting direct promotion, play-off places, and relegation.

Obviously best if the takeover is completed next Wednesday and all bills paid.

Sorry Sluffy do not get your point. The idea a judge would give an unasked for extension to make the league ‘tidier’ does not work for me. The club said could be sorted in a week. Not that familiar with such proceedings and can not get head round a defendant asking for a bit of time and the judge saying ok have 5 times that. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ani said:

Sorry Sluffy do not get your point. The idea a judge would give an unasked for extension to make the league ‘tidier’ does not work for me. The club said could be sorted in a week. Not that familiar with such proceedings and can not get head round a defendant asking for a bit of time and the judge saying ok have 5 times that. 

Howard did say his mob had a representative/solicitor going.

Perhaps they had some input?

Can folk please stop pretending the fact the football is shit and we aren’t spending money / in Europe isn’t the biggest factor behind people being unhappy. 

All this if if he takes over then I am done blah blah blah. Few wins and it’s all forgotten about

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

I think that the creditor asked for that length of an extension and the judge granted it

2 minutes ago, Big E said:

Can folk please stop pretending the fact the football is shit and we aren’t spending money / in Europe isn’t the biggest factor behind people being unhappy. 

All this if if he takes over then I am done blah blah blah. Few wins and it’s all forgotten about

You should know by now this is just another in the long line of excuses for the stay away m0ngs 

some wouldbt go if we were in the champs league final & it was free. As the last time they went in 96 we got beat. A tale they never bore of telling stood in Hogarths on a sat afternoon 

waster tramps. That’s all they are 

36 minutes ago, Big Johnny said:

Howard's lads will take the shares

That's the understanding I have

i'm also thinking this. 

if they own the davies chunk and them owning it is "legal" whether they told ken or not. then i cant see how , say , bassani paying the runner up the monthly "performance fee" , where ken was , works . that seems daft. 

he'd either have to buy it out proper, or he'll be falling out with dark horse over it within six months, complaining it was a bad deal on kens part [somehow]. 

even if dark horse offload it to another buyer, he'll either blame ken or davies for hamstringing him with it. 

Cannot see how its solved without him buying the dark horse's portion . 

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

You should know by now this is just another in the long line of excuses for the stay away m0ngs 

some wouldbt go if we were in the champs league final & it was free. As the last time they went in 96 we got beat. A tale they never bore of telling stood in Hogarths on a sat afternoon 

waster tramps. That’s all they are 

You sound lovely 

16 minutes ago, Ani said:

I think more because their representative on here has come on and spoken in decent and apparently open way. And anyone sounds better than the other two !! 

Dangerous that though eh? no iron fist has previously been presented in a velvet glove of course!

And why not let the group’s conduct speak for itself? If they don’t get anywhere and aren’t revealed so what?

I’m not saying they aren’t knights in shining armour but a few facts and a little eloquence isn’t the sole proprietorship of the good :)

22 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

”Howard’s men/boys” as they seem to have been christened - we don’t know either way right? (Unless I’ve missed something today and I’m not reading all of it)

or not?

I think it’s as simple as whilst anyone’s better than liquidation, you can’t get much lower than Bassini 

The fact that he got declared bankrupt for £40k doesn’t fill you with confidence that he can take us forward. However as we know he isn’t fronting the money, some Thai folk are, but why use such a dick head? Fuck knows 

Anyway, it’s better than liquidation 

Howards lot sound better on paper of course 

Just now, jules_darby said:

Dangerous that though eh? no iron fist has previously been presented in a velvet glove of course!

And why not let the group’s conduct speak for itself? If they don’t get anywhere and aren’t revealed so what?

I’m not saying they aren’t knights in shining armour but a few facts and a little eloquence isn’t the sole proprietorship of the good :)

I think it also leans towards people wanting to believe it so they knew first and they can say told you so if it turns out to be right. 

Same with some journos clinging to a story when it's long gone because they broke it first.