Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

12 minutes ago, Ani said:

But HMRC objected to any adjournment so why 4 weeks longer ? There must be a reason. 

It gets the EFL out of a hole if we go tits up season will be over our results stand & are not expunged therefore the likes of Wiggin wont be relegated as a result of our demise.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

But how does it sound better on paper when we know next to fuck all about it / then / what funds they have?

I’m happy to support them unequivocally if we have that info.

FTR I’m not sure Howard will/should tell us all of that, but in it’s absence it could be turkeys voting for Xmas 

His explanation of paying off all debts and creditors sounds good.

Some of his explanation and description of events also proved accurate.

Some of his slips and comments about ken and Bassini, whilst quite possibly being correct, surprised me as they seemed at odds with the tone of the rest of the posts. Would they rub ken up the wrong way?

We're all just hoping for something positive ultimately.

With Bassinis past and it only being 6 days till your party can claim shares and with Saturday and Sunday being days where people won’t be in the office , due dilligence is bound to take a lengthy period of time as he isn’t even at stage 1 of that process , think your boys will get in as it’s really not that long away @Howardroark?

14 minutes ago, darrener said:

A roll for big Sam would seal it though and he has been touting himself recently. 

I reckon it would take a bit more than just a roll.

Big bag of frozen Cheese and Jalapeno Carr's plus a few pints of Sauvingnon Blanc should seal it though. 

18 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

But you could only warn them if the club was in the same state as Bolton when he took over which was a complete train wreck, I don't know but what state were Watford it when they got taken over

I know a few Watford fans.. they weren’t great when he took over, by the time he left, see our current situation... possibly more comical, like members of staff refusing to give him keys to nick the petty cash so he called the police, but still a fucking mess.

He’s better than liquidation at this point in time, but unless the funds are fully kosher, my concern is he just finishes Ken’s work for him... 

Nixon is hinting now that Bassini has tried for clubs in the past and failed. Potentially having his doubts now too. 

Does anyone know the funding position he had at Watford? Was it his personal money that time? Potentially different when someone else is paying the bills

7 minutes ago, Inspector Goole said:

With Bassinis past and it only being 6 days till your party can claim shares and with Saturday and Sunday being days where people won’t be in the office , due dilligence is bound to take a lengthy period of time as he isn’t even at stage 1 of that process , think your boys will get in as it’s really not that long away @Howardroark?

An offer wouldn’t have been made prior to due diligence 

13 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

It gets the EFL out of a hole if we go tits up season will be over our results stand & are not expunged therefore the likes of Wiggin wont be relegated as a result of our demise.

Don’t think that’s a consideration for the judge. Apparently al adjournments for case in our session today were till 8th May,. Presumably a courts scheduling thing. Two weeks will be Easter? 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

So RFF is Bahrain backed, who are the U.K. USA part of the group? Suprising that RFF joining with other parties on this deal. 

It’s not RFF directly, just a collection of those with links to RFF. 

@Howardroark

Apologies if you have been asked this before but, what is the rationale and idea behind your consortium allowing you to interact and divulge information to us, and reveal important documents?

is it to merely inform us that you are in play and the deal regarding the share recall that without you, no one would have ever known?

Just curious that’s all.

4 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

@Howardroark

Apologies if you have been asked this before but, what is the rationale and idea behind your consortium allowing you to interact and divulge information to us, and reveal important documents?

is it to merely inform us that you are in play and the deal regarding the share recall that without you, no one would have ever known?

Just curious that’s all.

I’m a snow plough

All goes to show that it's next to impossible for a large football club in this country to actually go out of business. The league, the courts, the players, minor creditors, SAG will all end up bending over backwards until somebody gets their shit together and buys us.

That's why Ken can get away with saying the players need to shut up and play for the fans, because ultimately he knows that they will.

14 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

An offer wouldn’t have been made prior to due diligence 

But I thought in court today Ms Stonefrost said "However, she said further time was needed for due diligence and "gathering together of some funds to recapitalise the company and enable it to pay the money owed to HMRC and other creditors."