Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Not sure whether this has been posted in the last few hours, apologies in advance if it has

in the platinum today. No food of any kind in any of the suites as unsurprisingly Ken has refused to pay heathcotes. Again 

staff actually in tears walking around and readily admit this is the darkest day amongst all the shit that has gone on 

3 minutes ago, snowball said:

Especially as hes saying no backers all his own money? How? Multi millionaire in 12 months? Fully expect him not proving funds and ken then saying no choice but liquidation. All too convenient just when he 'appeared' at last minute to save us back when

Yes, but the first adjournment was only granted because Ken said he had a buyer with proven funds who were going to clear all the debts.

He said he needed more time to complete the deal.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Are people still trying to pretend Ken is a responsible owner? He came in and took hard decisions which needed taking. But it’s clear that he’d be prepared to take a founding member of the league to the wall rather than somehow lose face.

He did a job for a while, but it was a job. Not a passion project. Not something he ever wanted or had the means to see through.

Forget the hysterics - owners don’t have to invest millions of their own money - but it’s clear Ken will risk the club at times unnecessarily for his own gain sometimes even just to make a point. That’s not responsible ownership. In doing so he messes with employees and fans and has done so too many times now.

I wouldn’t bother there really are some thick fuckers on here

Just thought I would flag up Mr Iles view of forums (this one) and Howard - taken from his live blog.

Question to him - You will no doubt be aware Marc, of the alleged Bahraini consortium looking to recall Ken’s shares via the backdoor from the Moonshift loan. Do you have any info on this? Is it true? & who the mystery forum poster is?

His reply (1;18pm) - Every man and his dog has claimed to be 'getting Ken's shares via the loan agreement' and if you look at the fine print on Companies House, it seems feasible. So why hasn't anyone done it - Bahraini or not?

I haven't got time to scroll through forums. I will talk to people who talk back to me.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17555831.bolton-wanderers-v-ipswich-town-matchday-live-blog/

Talk about cutting your nose off...

Maybe if had bother to read the thread (or at least the last week or so of it) and Howards details on A&M then he would at least have gained a far more detailed understanding of some of the hurdles involved even if he chose not to believe the narrative or wish to contact H via the message system on here for comment about his knowledge and his client?

Good to know he doesn't waste his precious time chasing down possibly the best lead into what has been happening financially and ownership issue wise, about the club in the last week or so and why.

49 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Not sure whether this has been posted in the last few hours, apologies in advance if it has

in the platinum today. No food of any kind in any of the suites as unsurprisingly Ken has refused to pay heathcotes. Again 

staff actually in tears walking around and readily admit this is the darkest day amongst all the shit that has gone on 

He really is a special type of cunt. 😡

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I fear we've heard the last from "Team Howard" they don't seem to have the appetite to do the deal and Ken appears to have had one over on them - maybe they underestimated him.

Little man playing with the big boys eh?

On the other hand they want it but not on KAs terms

And KA appears to be struggling to find someone who can or will 

10 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

On the other hand they want it but not on KAs terms

And KA appears to be struggling to find someone who can or will 

Now that whatever hope we had is gone, there's an interesting few days in store to see how it plays out. Bassini, someone else, or shares get called in by Howard's mob.

Still unclear as to whether Howard's mob have taken compensation to back off. I hope they haven't just so we do have some clarity by the 10th. Not sure Howard would mention it if they did accept compensation, but maybe if nothing happens by the 10th he'll want to explain it.

14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Was Baz there today? If So, I reckon he may have changed his 3 year premier league projection.

By Baz, do you mean Bassini, Bazini, or Basran?  I know you told us a few posts ago but I don’t bother to catch up with all of your posts as I only have 6 years of business experience and anyway I prefer to be pedantic and nit-pick.

I’ll ask you another couple of times later on but I’ll phrase the same question slightly differently next time.

Can you advise, on a scale of one to ten, which of those (I know two of them are the same person) will buy the club?

I think I am getting the hang of this forum now.  Be back later with some puns.

Ta-ra

Paul Heathcote at least did the decent thing today and went round to speak to every table explaining the circumstances 

KA / the club currently owe them £170k and have done for around 6 weeks. Ken has provided assurances on no less than 12 occassions in that time they would be paid. 

Heathcotes took the decision this morning to stop providing further services until that has been cleared. (The first time in the business’ 35yr history they have taken this action) within minutes of that decision being put to the club Paul Aldridge was in PH’s office begging for an extension. Which they turned down 

re: the IT issue. The IT guy at the club is a young guy who does it all on his own. He was brought in at 6am Friday morning and worked until 2:30am sat morning to resolve the issue. He hasn’t yet had his salary for March (due 28th March) and the message he got from Ken on Friday was - if you don’t go and sort it the game will be off and that will be on you. ( or words to that effect) 

the health & safety officer responsible for sorting out getting the certificate etc for today’s game has also not been paid. He resigned this morning so unless the club appoints one between now and Tues or they resolve his dispute and he retracts his notice the game stands a good chance of being off (which probably wouldn’t be a bad thing anyway) 

Ken - if you do read this, You’re  a cunt

11 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Paul Heathcote at least did the decent thing today and went round to speak to every table explaining the circumstances 

KA / the club currently owe them £170k and have done for around 6 weeks. Ken has provided assurances on no less than 12 occassions in that time they would be paid. 

Heathcotes took the decision this morning to stop providing further services until that has been cleared. (The first time in the business’ 35yr history they have taken this action) within minutes of that decision being put to the club Paul Aldridge was in PH’s office begging for an extension. Which they turned down 

re: the IT issue. The IT guy at the club is a young guy who does it all on his own. He was brought in at 6am Friday morning and worked until 2:30am sat morning to resolve the issue. He hasn’t yet had his salary for March (due 28th March) and the message he got from Ken on Friday was - if you don’t go and sort it the game will be off and that will be on you. ( or words to that effect) 

the health & safety officer responsible for sorting out getting the certificate etc for today’s game has also not been paid. He resigned this morning so unless the club appoints one between now and Tues or they resolve his dispute and he retracts his notice the game stands a good chance of being off (which probably wouldn’t be a bad thing anyway) 

Shit. I really, really hope H's men call the shares in successfully on the 9/10th, this is  getting extremely out of hand now.

Embargo without a doubt incoming on Monday, at this rate.

Perhaps Ken's parting gift to us.

Edited by Mantra

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

That is an absolute disgrace. Heard stories of Ken's treatment of staff previously. 

In some ways I'd like the lot of them to walk and pursue a constructive dismissal claim.

That said, ken won't give a toss.

He's the cunt of all cunts.

heathcote gets too much from it , but.. 

the ken wants drowning for pulling this shit on this particular fixture.. not even getting it looking normal for a week or so. 

batshit

45 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That is an absolute disgrace. Heard stories of Ken's treatment of staff previously. 

In some ways I'd like the lot of them to walk and pursue a constructive dismissal claim.

That said, ken won't give a toss.

He's the cunt of all cunts.

The response that a few of the staff gave were - he doesn’t care about anything or anyone. He’s using our attachment to the club and our jobs against us. He sees how much we love the club and that is a weakness. Because he knows no matter what he puts us through we will still be here for it. So he doesn’t have to pay us on time because he knows we will all still be here the day after and on match days 

What's the general opinion today on this fiasco continuing until the 10th? Not that any of our opinions mean much but since H left yesterday and saying he expects Bassini to complete, it all feels very strange.

I can't see Bassini completing, it just seems unlikely to me. Unless he finalized it yesterday, as Howard expected him to, and just has to wait until Monday for the payments to go through.

But if that was the case, I would've thought there'd have been an announcement if it was all signed off, unless a payment is required to verify it. Can imagine Ken sweating until the final moment.

If it does go to the 10th, do you reckon H's lot will take the shares, or will it go beyond?

Possibly even until the next court deadline?

Just curious to hear people's thoughts if you can be bothered to type them out after the depressing result today.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Tank Top Ken is now officially a proper CUNT, Parkinson is just an inept CUNT who cannot hack the championship and is out of his depth! 

Somebody asked me today which players I would retain for next season, now that's a tough one but here's my list below;

Who’s tied 

otzumer,Mathews & megennis 

the biggest task for any new owners is season ticket sales 

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Tank Top Ken is now officially a proper CUNT, Parkinson is just an inept CUNT who cannot hack the championship and is out of his depth! 

Somebody asked me today which players I would retain for next season, now that's a tough one but here's my list below;

Barely any contracted players beyond this Summer so you might just get your wish. Hope we keep Matthews, Connell, Olkowski, Oztumer and maybe Wheater and Beevers but that's about it.

Not that I rate all of them highly, but they should be good enough for League One.