Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Well , we have now come full circle.

Eddie could not sell the club to anyone who has a shed full of cash.

So he sort of off loaded it to Ken. But kept it on a long lead.

Now with Eddie having a pint with Nat.

Ken is trying to off load it , but cannot find a buyer.

Total Apathy all round.

4 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

If that's correct it makes me wonder how Eddie Davies managed to lose £185 million as some say he did

Because we were spending more each year than we made and he funded it. And initially when he came in he funded the football club to stop it from dying. 

In 2011 for example we made a net loss of £26M!

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Todd ran away with the league to get us promoted so earned his shot at it.... & didn't a certain Mr O Coyle get Burnley to the Prem as well? Weren't the likes of Liverpool & Arsenal linked with him before it all went tits up? 

Todd took over from Rioch, he oversaw relegation, then promotion, then relegation and then lost in the play offs to Watford.Allardyce came in and  with some cheap signings and excellent management transformed  Colin Todd's squad into achievers rather than failures.He was a Premier League manager, Todd wasn't

32 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

Don't claim to be most diehard fan. Just under 200 games is hardly shite though.

It doesnt matter to me what your superfan status is, its just a lot of people used Megson as an excuse to quit but never came back including my mate.

• Site Supporter

Once you find something else to do on Saturday afternoon it's very difficult to get back into the habit. A decent cup run or league position often helps but, to be honest, since Megson, there's not been much to attract a lapsed fan back. 

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Once you find something else to do on Saturday afternoon it's very difficult to get back into the habit. A decent cup run or league position often helps but, to be honest, since Megson, there's not been much to attract a lapsed fan back. 

Thats a good point but every time I cross paths with a lapsed fan all they want to talk about is BWFC

Thats the bit I dont get.

I've been a supporter for over sixty years, I stopped going two years ago after relegation to league one. I still support the club and like a lot of armchair fans I'm concerned with the current position. I stopped because I was absolutely pissed off of going home from games angry about the dross being served up. 

And yet oddly I've probably enjoyed the last 3 years going to games than I did the last 3 years of going to PL games.

I say games, there's an hour and a half in the middle of the afternoon where it goes a bit crap but the rest.. 

10 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

I've been a supporter for over sixty years, I stopped going two years ago after relegation to league one. I still support the club and like a lot of armchair fans I'm concerned with the current position. I stopped because I was absolutely pissed off of going home from games angry about the dross being served up. 

Sort of get that however  it does'nt make it easier for me if I dont attend .

Still pissed off & angry either way not quite in the  sixty year bracket yet though so heyho could yet end up in my armchair watching a monster headed Garth Crooks gobbing off  on the telly!

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Todd took over from Rioch, he oversaw relegation, then promotion, then relegation and then lost in the play offs to Watford.Allardyce came in and  with some cheap signings and excellent management transformed  Colin Todd's squad into achievers rather than failures.He was a Premier League manager, Todd wasn't

As I said, hindsight. As I also said Todd earned his go at the Prem after one of the greatest seasons in our history but I guess you were the only one shouting Todd out on the last night at Burnden? 

2 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

That’s not what I was led to believe, it was leant to ICL secured against their ownership of Burnden Leisure 

besides the loan is secured against assets so Ken / ICL will get it back and be able to give Moonshift their money back 

In the meantime, Ken’s personal wealth has stayed where it was 

Here you go.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16970996.ken-anderson-i-wanted-to-get-eddie-back-on-board-at-bolton-wanderers/

There are other sources as well. The second bit, to me it would be bizarre if he didn't secure it against assets.

We can agree that KA is a shady bloke but I am just playing devils advocate.

5 hours ago, gonzo said:

I don’t profess to know how to run a multi million pound business. Neither should they. 

Not yet you don't, but soon the Banger Shine Co Empire will be in that status

FWIW you can turnover a multi-million pound business and still be a fucktard. Apparently :)

27 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Here you go.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16970996.ken-anderson-i-wanted-to-get-eddie-back-on-board-at-bolton-wanderers/

There are other sources as well. The second bit, to me it would be bizarre if he didn't secure it against assets.

We can agree that KA is a shady bloke but I am just playing devils advocate.

However my original point is that he hasn’t put any of his own money in 

I still don’t believe that this is his own money 

I don’t believe that he should put his own money in by the way, but I also think A supporters trust should be able to run the club without needing a sugar daddy putting cash in that they don’t want back 

It won’t be at championship level and we won’t have anywhere near the assets we have now but it’s possible 

7 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Along with Coyle’s first full season. 

Up until Stoke in the semi, we still beat Arsenal after that, but fuck me it’s been shit since then...