Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

The footbridge across Burnden Way must be worth a fortune too. 

Strange bridge that. It's built almost over the top of a pelican crossing. I've very rarely seen anyone on it.

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Strange bridge that. It's built almost over the top of a pelican crossing. I've very rarely seen anyone on it.

Unless they're hanging their bedsheets...

image.jpeg.24ad6198c9e5a16e66543fe3ef6d1f9e.jpeg

Edited by Steejay

35 minutes ago, MickyD said:

It was built to replace the pelican crossing to ease traffic flow during the Commonwealth games, they changed the plans before it was finished and the council wouldn't let them move the crossing. My ex boss worked for the steel people and he also said that they had considered moving it over De Haviland way instead of the even more dangerous pelican crossing we have now that the office folk use. 

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

It was built to replace the pelican crossing to ease traffic flow during the Commonwealth games, they changed the plans before it was finished and the council wouldn't let them move the crossing. My ex boss worked for the steel people and he also said that they had considered moving it over De Haviland way instead of the even more dangerous pelican crossing we have now that the office folk use. 

The pelican near to the Spirit of Sport is just too close to the roundabout and soon backs up enough cars to block said roundabout. But it is better than the un-marked crossing adjacent to the away car park entrance. You really do take a risk crossing there because the folk driving towards the Beehive treat it as a motorway.

14 minutes ago, MickyD said:

The pelican near to the Spirit of Sport is just too close to the roundabout and soon backs up enough cars to block said roundabout. But it is better than the un-marked crossing adjacent to the away car park entrance. You really do take a risk crossing there because the folk driving towards the Beehive treat it as a motorway.

I've  seen lots of near misses there after the match.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

I've  seen lots of near misses there after the match.

Plus the bloke and his son who, when walking up towards BAe, insist on twatting the wing mirrors of cars travelling to fast and too close to the pedestrians. I think it probably hurts a bit but I've seen them do it three times and counting.

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Plus the bloke and his son who, when walking up towards BAe, insist on twatting the wing mirrors of cars travelling to fast and too close to the pedestrians. I think it probably hurts a bit but I've seen them do it three times and counting.

Fucking loons