Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

The new owner will pot PP for the reasons Mounts said but at least he got the point I was making.

U23s football in this country is a shit idea and gives a shit product and managing at that level has absolutely no relation to managing a professional team so we shouldn't just give David Lee the job because he's been what is seen as successful at that level.

I hope I'm not right with this because I always want people to do well but Connell will leave us in the off season and go to a club higher up the pecking order where he will play in their 23s and then go out on loan a la Williams and Connolly and Robinson and then end up scrabbling around for a contract at league 1 or maybe championship level at a push for the rest of his career.

He is a million miles away from being a player we can base a team around and at his age it shouldn't even be being put on his shoulders in the way some people are suggesting we do.

As an aside, I'd renew my ST tonight even if it meant having to sit downstairs.

I wouldn't class Connell alongside Williams and Connelly. He is championship quality all day long, they are div 1 or 2. He is also captain material judging by how he communicates and demands from others, a breath of fresh air in a team that lacks characters and leadership.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I wouldn't class Connell alongside Williams and Connelly. He is championship quality all day long, they are div 1 or 2. He is also captain material judging by how he communicates and demands from others, a breath of fresh air in a team that lacks characters and leadership.

he's a kid  don't put pressure on him.

has made a  few mistakes , but a good manager would hopefully nurture him.

if he is still here next season ,

along with BWFC

could be  the next peter reid

Edited by victor meldrew
missed a bit

11 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Did we ever find out what the ST did with the money it took from people?

Still got it as far as I'm aware. 

The rules for spending are quite restrictive for such an organisation. 

When we went 2-0 down Connell stood on the centre circle with the ball going ballistic at the players.

hobbs and beevers looking at him absolutely gormless.

connell didn’t have his best match but atleast he went for it. He certainly didn’t hoof it and pass the buck like beevers did

1 hour ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

People looking for excuses to stop going. That’s what happens when a team goes diwn.

if we’re winning in L1 then you’ll be back.

if we’re winning in the Championship then some of them others will be back 

if we’re winning in the Premier then we’ll be back to 20k+

thats the way it works 

If I was looking for excuses to not go I think I would have found 1 in the last 5 years. But Parky could win 10 consecutive games and I won't support him any more. I gave up with him last season  (burton etc) but carried on going partly because we signed Oz and I was fooled. I will watch us in the conference but if we have parky we could be in the prem and i'm not interested,

Just now, victor meldrew said:

along with BWFC

Not sure how saying he's a decent player is putting pressure on him?  You just have to observe his composure and self assuredness to know he won't take any notice what we say. Like Rob Holding, genuine quality.

The thought of Parkinson staying for one more game never mind next season is painful, truly painful. 

He can't be forgiven for his "tactical" choices this season. Where's the system? Where's the identity? Where's the attacking intent? Wasn't it october-january we won one game in like 22? He's a lovely guy but this season more than anything else has proven he is so so far out of his depth. Time to move on. It's best for both parties in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, HR said:

Still got it as far as I'm aware. 

The rules for spending are quite restrictive for such an organisation. 

What we've learned about the ST today(ish) -

I'm not sure spending over £10k on the Legends game and £85 per head tickets given out as freebies to attend the Player of the Year piss-up ceremonies were exactly the best ways to spend their members hard earned cash but then against they must have received hundreds of thousands of pounds windfall all curtesy of that lovely Forest Green's owner, Mr Vince, with his sale of the No Ken Do T-shirts whose profits he donated to them.  Kind of him wasn't it.  Probably sent them a few complimentary vegan burgers as well (sadly no lightly buttered burger buns supplied with them though).

Last I heard they had around £70k in the bank or the equivalent to just one months of 'poor' Blind Ben Amos's wages - which I understand is around about what they've received in membership collections for their first couple of years of existence.  

Where would we have been without them over the crucial last month or so when liquidation was looking at us directly between our eyes, though?

Thank God their forum on Monday and their plans to launch some longwinded and unintelligible share issue sale plan, together with the implausible and bizarre joining together with BWFC Twitter influencers like Thogden and the young woman supporting that Italian team, and Bolton when not - both of whom I believe aren't even old enough to shave yet(?), the threat of which somehow miraculously forcing Mr Bassini to take the plunge and buy us a few days later from Evil Ken Evil (the famous American stunt motorcyclist and stayaway former BWFC club owner).  

Hoorah for the ST, we needed them at times like this (otherwise what would be the point?).

PS.  Please don't forget their elections are coming up in June mind.

Maybe people might actually get around to vote for someone this time?

Now that would be a novelty.

Edited by Sluffy
grammar error

3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Each to their own but the club is fucked so stopping direct debits or not renewing ain’t going to help matters. I can fully understand it though.

The club needs to make it easier for fans to spend money though. Contactless bars, quicker beer pouring stations etc.

i really hope everyone renews and hopefully a few lapsed ones do too knowing how close we are to going tits up.i don’t hold my breath though

I thought this myself. I didn't have any cash with me for the game against Middlesbrough. Fancied a pint at half time because of the vicious assualt on my senses, by the inept playing staff in white on the pitch, but they don't even take cards. I didn't get a pint, which was shit for me, as I really could have done with one at that moment. But shit for the club, because who really carries a cash around these days? How many people needed a pint at half time after that shite? How much money did the club miss out on. Clueless, from top to bottom.

If it weren’t for Parky turning Madine into a 6M player we’d have gone under a lot sooner. The mans done a job under impossible circumstances. I don’t think he will be here next season but the ridiculous levels of ott criticism he gets is a bit much.

The only certainty is that the next bloke, whoever he is, will receive the same eventually. Which is sad.

10 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

along with BWFC

Peter Reid, another great player we nurtured for years and then let go for a 1/10 of his value, who went on to play for England, we’ve always been shit at getting true value for players, Connell looks like our next loss

16 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Peter Reid, another great player we nurtured for years and then let go for a 1/10 of his value, who went on to play for England, we’ve always been shit at getting true value for players, Connell looks like our next loss

You'd better tell Aston Villa (£8m for Curcic & Thompson), Cardiff & Forest!