Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

48 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If it weren’t for Parky turning Madine into a 6M player we’d have gone under a lot sooner. The mans done a job under impossible circumstances. I don’t think he will be here next season but the ridiculous levels of ott criticism he gets is a bit much.

The only certainty is that the next bloke, whoever he is, will receive the same eventually. Which is sad.

Parky has had the easiest ride of any manager we’ve had since being at the Reebok. 

The man would have relegated us last season if it wasn’t for pure luck. Pissing around in a game like that is unforgivable.

all season he’s made bizarre choices. Yes it’s shit in the background but what he’s done on the pitch is bonkers. QPR away showed he can instruct people to attack and follow the play. Sadly most of the season has been bizarre. 

Wish him well but his football is turning people off almost as much as the shit off the field

9 hours ago, Sluffy said:

What we've learned about the ST today(ish) -

I'm not sure spending over £10k on the Legends game and £85 per head tickets given out as freebies to attend the Player of the Year piss-up ceremonies were exactly the best ways to spend their members hard earned cash but then against they must have received hundreds of thousands of pounds windfall all curtesy of that lovely Forest Green's owner, Mr Vince, with his sale of the No Ken Do T-shirts whose profits he donated to them.  Kind of him wasn't it.  Probably sent them a few complimentary vegan burgers as well (sadly no lightly buttered burger buns supplied with them though).

Last I heard they had around £70k in the bank or the equivalent to just one months of 'poor' Blind Ben Amos's wages - which I understand is around about what they've received in membership collections for their first couple of years of existence.  

Where would we have been without them over the crucial last month or so when liquidation was looking at us directly between our eyes, though?

Thank God their forum on Monday and their plans to launch some longwinded and unintelligible share issue sale plan, together with the implausible and bizarre joining together with BWFC Twitter influencers like Thogden and the young woman supporting that Italian team, and Bolton when not - both of whom I believe aren't even old enough to shave yet(?), the threat of which somehow miraculously forcing Mr Bassini to take the plunge and buy us a few days later from Evil Ken Evil (the famous American stunt motorcyclist and stayaway former BWFC club owner).  

Hoorah for the ST, we needed them at times like this (otherwise what would be the point?).

PS.  Please don't forget their elections are coming up in June mind.

Maybe people might actually get around to vote for someone this time?

Now that would be a novelty.

Those ST accounts must be really difficult to prepare. Its a long time since we saw the 2017 accounts and when we did, they were wrong. Such a shame none of their Board noticed.

Can't say I'm surprised though. I'm still shaking my head at Chairman Rigby's comments last Monday.

9 hours ago, Sluffy said:

What we've learned about the ST today(ish) -

I'm not sure spending over £10k on the Legends game and £85 per head tickets given out as freebies to attend the Player of the Year piss-up ceremonies were exactly the best ways to spend their members hard earned cash but then against they must have received hundreds of thousands of pounds windfall all curtesy of that lovely Forest Green's owner, Mr Vince, with his sale of the No Ken Do T-shirts whose profits he donated to them.  Kind of him wasn't it.  Probably sent them a few complimentary vegan burgers as well (sadly no lightly buttered burger buns supplied with them though).

Last I heard they had around £70k in the bank or the equivalent to just one months of 'poor' Blind Ben Amos's wages - which I understand is around about what they've received in membership collections for their first couple of years of existence.  

Where would we have been without them over the crucial last month or so when liquidation was looking at us directly between our eyes, though?

Thank God their forum on Monday and their plans to launch some longwinded and unintelligible share issue sale plan, together with the implausible and bizarre joining together with BWFC Twitter influencers like Thogden and the young woman supporting that Italian team, and Bolton when not - both of whom I believe aren't even old enough to shave yet(?), the threat of which somehow miraculously forcing Mr Bassini to take the plunge and buy us a few days later from Evil Ken Evil (the famous American stunt motorcyclist and stayaway former BWFC club owner).  

Hoorah for the ST, we needed them at times like this (otherwise what would be the point?).

PS.  Please don't forget their elections are coming up in June mind.

Maybe people might actually get around to vote for someone this time?

Now that would be a novelty.

Why so snide? All those people you mention are putting their head above the parapet and making a stand in their own way. They may not be doing a good job or be particularly effective, but they're trying to make a positive contribution. Criticise them by all means but sneering at fellow supporters from behind your keyboard isn't helpful. 

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If it weren’t for Parky turning Madine into a 6M player we’d have gone under a lot sooner. The mans done a job under impossible circumstances. I don’t think he will be here next season but the ridiculous levels of ott criticism he gets is a bit much.

The only certainty is that the next bloke, whoever he is, will receive the same eventually. Which is sad.

Turned into

Fuck me you are beyond help 

55 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Why so snide? All those people you mention are putting their head above the parapet and making a stand in their own way. They may not be doing a good job or be particularly effective, but they're trying to make a positive contribution. Criticise them by all means but sneering at fellow supporters from behind your keyboard isn't helpful. 

He’s got history with one of the board members and is consumed totally by that. Anything he says about the trust is totally unrational, if you remember that then his posts non ST are usually ok.  

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He’s got history with one of the board members and is consumed totally by that. Anything he says about the trust is totally unrational, if you remember that then his posts non ST are usually ok.  

The ST are a joke Mounts

They had/have the opportunity to unite the fans and become a real force for good. They blew it. 

Utter shite

The mystery of the missing million quid.

I'm trying to find the near £1million, Terence Rigby claimed Dean Holdsworth spent on fees before the 'Sports Shield consortium' took over Burnden Leisure in March 2016. This is  the statement Dean Holdsworth filed at Companies House. Not much sign of a million quid being spent here. Can anyone help?

SPORTS SHIELD BWFC LIMITEDRegistered Number 09910069

Balance Sheet as at 31 December 2016

£  
Current assets
Cash at bank and in hand 1  
Net assets 1  
Issued share capital
10 Ordinary Shares of £0.10 each 1  
Total Shareholder funds 1  

STATEMENTS

1. For the year ending 31 December 2016 the company was entitled to exemption under section 480 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to dormant companies.
  2. The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
  3. The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and the preparation of accounts.
  4. These accounts have been prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.

Approved by the Board on 18 August 2017

And signed on their behalf by:
Dean Holdsworth, Director 

12 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

The ST are a joke Mounts

They had/have the opportunity to unite the fans and become a real force for good. They blew it. 

Utter shite

Fans might need to unite behind something, don’t agree with lots of ST decisions and I think they know they’ve made mistakes,  but despite these mistakes I’ve met the majority of trust board and they are BWFC through and through, whether certain fans give them another chance is upto them, but as I’ve said all along they could be BWFC last chance saloon. I do hope that fans like you  who have a valid opinion choose to have your voice heard from inside the trust rather than outside. 

21 hours ago, Sluffy said:

His mate is Matt Southall.

I posted this up on Nuts this morning if it is of any interest to anyone -

I'm sure we've all seen the picture of Bassini in his slippers walking into the club for the first time but who is that Zat Knight lookalike walking in with him?
Well it is said to be Matt Southall.
If so not the first time he's been linked with the club then as he was involved with Shabbir Khilji attempt to bring in South African money to buy the club and also the husband Naeema who set up Gaspard's (from that farm house in Withins) also in an attempt to take over the club.  Both of whom Anderson labelled 'tyre kickers'.
With Bassini making ridiculous statements already such as he doesn't know as to how many creditors the club has, it's probably Mr Southall that is more likely to have a far deeper financial understanding of such things and more likely the bridge to other potential investors into the club.
Mr Southall was linked to a consortium trying to buy Villa in the summer - so he isn't just some random mate of Bassini's.
I suggest Mr Southall if he doesn't disappear into the shadows again is the man to watch in order to see where the money for the takeover is coming from.
He also seems to be the sole Director of a dormant company MSE Capital Group - I wonder if that will suddenly spring to life in the coming months/year or so?

Interesting post Sluffy 

The Plot Thickens ... 

2 hours ago, embankment said:

Phil Brown was in attendance yesterday.

Wasn't prepared to have his pic taken with Ashburner St.

" at this moment in time "

Laurence did . 

To be fair, it’s not often Browny comes across someone with a better tan than him. 

14 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Interesting post Sluffy 

The Plot Thickens ... 

MSE doesn't seem to amount to very much. Neither did any of the three dissolved companies MS was previously involved with.

MSE Capital's accounts are overdue and  the company is presently under compulsory striking off notice.

1 hour ago, ProfessorWoland said:

It was meant in fun as was all off my other 'What have we learned today' post recently but I guess I did leave a big question hanging in the air this time namely, if the ST's ultimate reason for being in existence is primarily to be a backstop/safety net for when everything else has failed and oblivion is staring the club full in the face (and the ST's been in existence now for longer that Anderson was at the club don't forget), then why, when realistically liquidation and going out of existence seemed a very real possibility, have they still not got any sort of emergency survival plan for the club anything like established?

The forum they called on Monday offered no guidance or leadership of ANY realistic rescue plan they had established during all the three years that Anderson has been in control of the club (and let's not fool ourselves, they truly believed he was seriously up to no good - and maybe he even was) and talked at best on the night of some fanciful share scheme for people to invest in that even if it was remotely plausible to achieve their desired aims, would take months possibly even years to establish - when action was required now, immediately, today!

I'm not claiming that coming up with some emergency 'lifeboat' plan to save the club and provide some urgent initial funding to keep it afloat until it can be rescued by others with proper means to do so is easy (or even achievable) but isn't that the reason they are there for, their core raison d'etre?

And if they can't achieve that, or even come up with a Plan A, let alone a Plan B or C after three years, whilst they've fully believed the Devil himself was raping and pillaging the club, then in all honesty what really is the point of their existence, no matter how stanchly they support the club as individuals?  Will they have the life raft ready if everything goes wrong under Mr Bassini's ownership tenure because on the face of it he isn't the most spotless of saviours?

I think not. 

My only conclusion therefore from the events of the last several months is that the ultimate purpose of the BWFC ST is NOT to be the clubs financial safety net and ultimate rescuer - it is abundantly clear they can't achieve that role, otherwise they would have been major players in the last few weeks and not be standing impotent on the side lines watching the car crash unfold - but to be a rallying point for people to gather around to start a new phoenix club to rise from the ashes somewhere at the base of the football league pyramid - and if I'm being frank, I think the young boy Jones and the others at the Lion of Vienna would probably be a more natural focal point for the millennial savvy social media generation to gather around and be much more likely body to be successful in doing it too.

4 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

MSE doesn't seem to amount to very much. Neither did any of the three dissolved companies MS was previously involved with.

MSE Capital's accounts are overdue and  the company is presently under compulsory striking off notice.

I think his direct company connections you refer to are irrelevant 

What is relevant is that he could well be a conduit for putting various people / parties  together 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Fans might need to unite behind something, don’t agree with lots of ST decisions and I think they know they’ve made mistakes,  but despite these mistakes I’ve met the majority of trust board and they are BWFC through and through, whether certain fans give them another chance is upto them, but as I’ve said all along they could be BWFC last chance saloon. I do hope that fans like you  who have a valid opinion choose to have your voice heard from inside the trust rather than outside. 

They don’t unite the fans. 

Reading they spent money on themselves makes them even more laughable.

the trust are merely business men masquerading as folk who give a fuck. If they had the chance they would rinse us dry like everyone else. They aren’t in it for the good of their hearts. 

Far play following them blindly throwing in the odd “I don’t agree with everything they say” but anyone who thinks after all this they are worth anything is mental. 

3 hours ago, ProfessorWoland said:

You really think that?

Yes. Anyone else would have been hounded out. The fans have been very lenient with him despite the shirt he serves up.

i am talking from an easy ride from the fans before you start moaning it’s hard for him when he’s been paid late 

Edited by Big E

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

My interaction with Trust folk (they’re watching this as they’re a bit obsessed with this site) has been most unpleasant on other media. Veiled threats, an inability to debate without toys being thrown out of the pram, and at times then a complete deletion of the interaction by them.

be heard from the inside? Fuck that. Choose the company you keep carefully

9 minutes ago, Big E said:

They don’t unite the fans. 

Reading they spent money on themselves makes them even more laughable.

the trust are merely business men masquerading as folk who give a fuck. If they had the chance they would rinse us dry like everyone else. They aren’t in it for the good of their hearts. 

Far play following them blindly throwing in the odd “I don’t agree with everything they say” but anyone who thinks after all this they are worth anything is mental. 

You may be right, but don’t you think that fans would hold them to account if they did. Are you sluffys love child by any chance? 😂