Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

6 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

I believe that the best option at this stage is for somebody to take the route of acquiring the Moonshift debt (secured and unsecured) immediately putting the club in to administration and buying back at the EFL threshold. This will still take a figure north of £25M. 

Given we only have 1 working day left before the third (and likely final liquidation hearing), this is surely a long shot now 

Just now, birch-chorley said:

Given we only have 1 working day left before the third (and likely final liquidation hearing), this is surely a long shot now 

I suspect that will be again delayed whilst the ‘ownership’ is contested.

Just now, Howardroark said:

I believe that there are a number of creditors supporting various bidders, but at present there exists reticence due to the  potential points deduction(s). 

Given the costs involved, it doesn’t make financial sense for anybody now to take on. 

As a point of comparison, look at the expenditure of Salford over the past 4 years versus the £40M you’d need to just acquire and sustain BWFC in its current guise.

So you're saying the king of Bahrain and some mental American billionaires would rather buy a club in the North West counties because its a few mill cheaper? 

I've held a candle out that somehow you weren't a krank H but come on... Saying you could buy/run Salford on similar money is mental. 

4 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

I believe that there are a number of creditors supporting various bidders, but at present there exists reticence due to the  potential points deduction(s). 

Given the costs involved, it doesn’t make financial sense for anybody now to take on. 

As a point of comparison, look at the expenditure of Salford over the past 4 years versus the £40M you’d need to just acquire and sustain BWFC in its current guise.

Aye but Salford won’t ever be BWFC.

5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

So you're saying the king of Bahrain and some mental American billionaires would rather buy a club in the North West counties because its a few mill cheaper? 

I've held a candle out that somehow you weren't a krank H but come on... Saying you could buy/run Salford on similar money is mental. 

Not necessarily Salford (although they are 2 wins from League 2) but there are a number of league clubs for sale that have zero debt (owner owed debt essentially) where £40M could go directly to improving the squad as opposed to simply clearing debts. 

Take for example Bury even, £6M debts paid off and £34M for players etc, with that investment would you expect them to be higher than BWFC in two years? That’s even without the potential points deductions. 

I know there’s the argument about infrastructure at BWFC and the sale/charge value of the acquired assets, but purely on numbers, the past 6 weeks have really changed the landscape.

Edited by Howardroark
A

Not necessarily Salford (although they are 2 wins from League 2) but there are a number of league clubs for sale that have zero debt (owner owed debt essentially) where £40M could go directly to improving the squad as opposed to simply clearing debts. 

They’ll never have a fan base worthy of the name. And 40 million won’t go far when you have a fan base less than 5k ( being  generous) Might as well buy bury at least they’ve some history. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

9 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

I suspect that will be again delayed whilst the ‘ownership’ is contested.

Sweet, so either liquidation or another adjournment. Spider might be right on this dragging out all summer. Howard’s right though. Who in their right mind would buy out Bolton for tens of millions of pounds, especially when we have two potential points deductions coming up. 

We are in the shitter.

Just now, Jcookie said:

Why have you returned Howard? What are you trying to achieve this time in your PR job? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Perhaps foolishly or otherwise I sought some comfort in the most recent Nixon story on the true debt value. 

At this point though I’m not employed by any of the bidders, I think they are all a bit too wet behind the ears for that kind of carry on.

Just now, Jcookie said:

Why have you returned Howard? What are you trying to achieve this time in your PR job!?

If your backers are looking at the likes of Salford I agree why come back on here, a BWFC site....why not go on a Salford fans site & give them false hope like you did on here....

1 minute ago, Jeebster said:

If your backers are looking at the likes of Salford I agree why come back on here, a BWFC site....why not go on a Salford fans site & give them false hope like you did on here....

They aren’t, it was an example as to why the true debt figure changes the landscape, especially in the context of the past 2 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

They aren’t, it was an example as to why the true debt figure changes the landscape, especially in the context of the past 2 weeks.

You’re basically saying that due to the Brentford game being called off and admin becoming more likely, both probably meaning deductions, Bolton is no longer viable to buy in or out of admin because of how fucked we will be in the league.

1 minute ago, Mantra said:

You’re basically saying that due to the Brentford game being called off and admin becoming more likely, both probably meaning deductions, Bolton is no longer viable to buy in or out of admin because of how fucked we will be in the league.

Yes, whoever buys it will need EFL to agree to some kind of compromise. A 20 point plus deduction effectively means you’re a L2 club. 6 weeks ago there was hope it would be a championship club. 

Yes, whoever buys it will need EFL to agree to some kind of compromise. A 20 point plus deduction effectively means you’re a L2 club. 6 weeks ago there was hope it would be a championship club

apart from being a publicity seeking nutjob, what's your take on Bassini's role in this H? He's seeking clarification from EFL re potential points deductions (useful to know one way or the other for potential buyers) plus he could be the excuse for another delay next Wednesday (also useful). Can't see any way he's a credible potential owner, but is he somebody's stooge / stalking horse?

Edited by wakey
cackhanded

5 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Yes, whoever buys it will need EFL to agree to some kind of compromise. A 20 point plus deduction effectively means you’re a L2 club. 6 weeks ago there was hope it would be a championship club. 

Looking pretty grim for us wouldn’t you agree then?

Agree with Nixon that FV are serious contenders or has this new debt put them off too?

5 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

We lost hope of being a Championship club back in December, never mind 6 weeks ago

24 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Take for example Bury even, £6M debts paid off and £34M for players etc, with that investment would you expect them to be higher than BWFC in two years? That’s even without the potential points deductions. 

I know there’s the argument about infrastructure at BWFC and the sale/charge value of the acquired assets, but purely on numbers, the past 6 weeks have really changed the landscape.

That maybe so but have they ever had Mario Jardel? 

I do notice Nixon now ‘breaking’ the story of how much ED Trustees are actually owed and how they have continually loaned the club funds on an unsecured basis....

Howard, as you seem closer to the detail than most,  what’s your gut feel about the outcome.  Do I prepare my 12 year old for the worst on the train to Nottingham on Sunday or do I maintain the ‘it’ll be reet’ stance ??