Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

28 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It is a good sign though that interested parties have approached the administrator already. It means that the administrator can with confidence proceed - assuming those people are real and can deal at a price that satisfies creditors. 

A good sign perhaps but at this stage they can't be more than expressions of interest. Surely any sale would be dependent on what they find?

After two years of Anderson during which time no accounts were filed, I'm worried.

8 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

A good sign perhaps but at this stage they can't be more than expressions of interest. Surely any sale would be dependent on what they find?

After two years of Anderson during which time no accounts were filed, I'm worried.

Agree if you don’t file accounts for two years it’s reasonable to assume you’re hiding something 

17 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Well yes. But remember some have done due diligence. And buying from admin will reduce the costs...there may be skeletons in the closet but interested parties keen to get a move on is a big plus at this stage. What you don't want is no serious interest or interest from the wrong sort....

20 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Well yes. But remember some have done due diligence. And buying from admin will reduce the costs...there may be skeletons in the closet but interested parties keen to get a move on is a big plus at this stage. What you don't want is no serious interest or interest from the wrong sort....

and as if by magic...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11672/11720778/laurence-bassini-to-return-with-new-bolton-wanderers-offer

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Running it is one thing. Owning a hotel that is built into the infrastructure of a football ground is probably unlikely for any major hotel chain. 

I’m sure the hotel at Norwich’s ground is a Premier inn. Stayed there the year we had blizzards on the A1

3 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh that would be my guess too.       Even if we did have Chinese interest it would likely be from a chippy on Tonge Moor Rd, rather than megabucks investors - this being BWFC ‘an all that.

As long as it's Chaes Chippy we'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, bwfc2003 said:

Why doesnt he just feck off

He's certainly more entertaining than the Jeremy Kyle show & Sky know this, that's why they keep on giving him the publicity he craves.

Edited by Blondi

Jim white keeps Bassini in the headlines 

Bassini keeps White as the “news breaker” at SSN as though he’s got his finger on the pulse across the football world

ones a fucking egomaniac who loves his name up in lights and talks absolute bollocks. The other is Bassini 

I've not been about much today so a few remarks to some of the comments that have been made throughout the day -

- Two years accounts outstanding 

FAKE NEWS I'm afraid.  The only accounts outstanding are for the year up to 30thb June, 2018, which should have been published by the 31st March, 2019 (so they are about 6 weeks over due.

We've been subject to the HMRC Winding Up Petition since before that date and obviously that put back it's publication.

You could argue that it might not have been published even if there had not been a winder but we'll never know either way if that would/would not have happened.  Fwiw the previous two years accounts were published on time.

Whatever you may believe the fact of the matter is that the accounts are only 6 weeks over due and not two years as claimed.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00043026

- One of Howards 3 big Whoppers  - Ken will have his shares taken off him by ED's Trust.

I might be being pedantic here but ED's Trust put the club and Burnden Aces into Administration which in effect DOES mean they have taken his shares from him.  The Administrator now being the owner of the club.

Howards actual said that the DEBT was to be bought off Eddie's Trust and NOT the share ownership, enforcement of the debt in turn triggering the loss of the shares owned by Anderson too Eddie's Trust.

I'll do a few more points after my tea!

Edited by Sluffy

17 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I've not been about much today so a few remarks to some of the comments that have been made throughout the day -

- Two years accounts outstanding 

FAKE NEWS I'm afraid.  The only accounts outstanding are for the year up to 30thb June, 2018, which should have been published by the 31st March, 2019 (so they are about 6 weeks over due.

We've been subject to the HMRC Winding Up Petition since before that date and obviously that put back it's publication.

You could argue that it might not have been published even if there had not been a winder but we'll never know either way if that would/would not have happened.  Fwiw the previous two years accounts were published on time.

Whatever you may believe the fact of the matter is that the accounts are only 6 weeks over due and not two years as claimed.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00043026

I believe the accountants were amongst the many awaiting payment as well.