Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I doubt we'll find out next week.

Given a lot of the usual hurdles - proof of funds, EFL approval and the like - are supposedly being jumped during the bidding process, then maybe it won’t be too optimistic to hope to have an owner in place by the end of the month. 

I've basically written off this season and am happy to start the next one in Div 2 on 0 points, no Parky and no Andersons or Bassini. But assuming its going to be well into july before new owners get their feet under the table I can't see season ticket sales getting off the ground, they'll have about a fortnight before the first game. There's hardly going to be a stampede to sign up to watch Lowe and 10 players we may or may not sign, battling to get to zero points before Christmas.

Chill out lads. New mega rich owners will be in by Friday with their cheque book primed and ready. 

Sturridge has just been released by Liverpool and Gazza Cahill's a free agent now. We'll pip Barcelona to Rodrigo's signature and then rescue Chungy from the German second division. We're getting the old gang back together. League will be won by Christmas

After all the build up to this takeover it’s probably going to be distinctly average, probably sign a load of players who crawl out the cracks a la Tom Thorpe.

Very unlikely we will have billionaires, more likely we will get another Ken but still unlikely if they have to show 25 million.

Surely we can get a half decent owner, who has got enough money to keep us plugging away for 5+ years in the lower leagues.

What worries me apart from starting the season on -12 points at least, is we need a load of players and as per usual we'll just end up with players that nobody else wants, I'd imagine most half decent free agents already have deals lined up.

the further points deduction is there any news on when this may be? this is obviously going to affect the sale price.

if not sorted by friday and if this is the deadline i can see only bassini being around which will be obviously be better than having no club.

4 minutes ago, itdiddidit? said:

the further points deduction is there any news on when this may be? this is obviously going to affect the sale price.

if not sorted by friday and if this is the deadline i can see only bassini being around which will be obviously be better than having no club.

i wouldnt want bassini. he will be like a turd that wont flush he wont when he needs to 

Just now, Blondi said:

What worries me apart from starting the season on -12 points at least, is we need a load of players and as per usual we'll just end up with players that nobody else wants, I'd imagine most half decent free agents already have deals lined up.

It's unrealistic to expect a competitive team by 3rd August but the transfer deadline isn't  till end of Aug, and by then the market changes because there are loads of championship and prem squad players who realise they aren't part of the managers plans who need to find 1st team football. These squad players don't tend to move in July, they feature in friendlies then get replaced by Johnny foreigner once the real games start. We'll get a full squad by 1st Sep assuming we have owners, we'll just need a manager who knows how to organise a team.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It's unrealistic to expect a competitive team by 3rd August but the transfer deadline isn't  till end of Aug, and by then the market changes because there are loads of championship and prem squad players who realise they aren't part of the managers plans who need to find 1st team football. These squad players don't tend to move in July, they feature in friendlies then get replaced by Johnny foreigner once the real games start. We'll get a full squad by 1st Sep assuming we have owners, we'll just need a manager who knows how to organise a team.

Hope you're right, I'm not the most patient fan these days.

30 minutes ago, itdiddidit? said:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17681716.bolton-wanderers-buyer-deadline-is-on-track-to-be-met/

Iles' article from earlier discusses it briefly.

Also this twitter conversation talks about it a bit.

Not much to go off but it's something.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

How many loans can we have?

9 hours ago, jimmyjoojar said:

Thats it!!!! Fuck....why didn't anyone think of that any sooner.

All we need to find is a decent owner, with deep pockets and the balls to spunk millions on a football club -12 points in the 3rd tier of English football.

If I was being sarcastic I'd ask if that was an attempt at sarcasm.

7 hours ago, Blondi said:

So best hope is the Chinese as they already have a football club and are in a position to do a Watford and send over their fringe players - like Fellaini.

4 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

So best hope is the Chinese as they already have a football club and are in a position to do a Watford and send over their fringe players - like Fellaini.

Seriously? I don’t think Fellaini will be a fringe player and I don’t think he’ll want to come back and play for us in League one..

On 01/06/2019 at 23:50, Sluffy said:

The article didn't tell us anything we didn't know already but in did reinforce two key areas that many choose to overlook still, namely the very strange BM loan Holdsworth took on immediately he took ownership of the club, and the second being the several references to Anderson nor Holdsworth putting any personal funding into the club - which if you flip it around simply means the club was not able to be financially sustainable by itself, or in other words running costs exceeded revenue - and in the end the inevitable invariably happened.

The author Nick Igoe was the Finance Director at West Ham for many years (see link below) so he should know what he's talking about and he doesn't seem to be suggesting that Anderson raped and pillaged the club but rather the reverse, the club failed because he wasn't putting in his personal wealth like Eddie did, to prop it up and keep it going.

https://nickigoeconsultancy.co.uk/about

Apologies for the delay but I agree with Sluffy's comments. I saw nothing in Mr Igoe's comments that we didn't know already but there does seem to be quite a bit of relevant stuff glossed over, though it may well have been inadvertent.

For example, the 24% interest was never paid whilst the legal basis of BM's charge over the club's assets was challenged by KA almost before the ink had dried on Holdsworth's signature.

Mr Igoe seems to infer that the EFL should have vetoed the Court's approval to the new arrangements even though it meant HMRC  and other unsecured creditors were likely to get paid when otherwise they wouldn't.

I confess that I read Mr Igoe's article quickly and only once (it didn't seem worth a second reading) but I don't recall him mentioning the further substantial rescue funds from PBP or the player sales that materially helped ensure a going concern for at least another two years after the takeover. He makes much of the consultancy fees even though 90% of the £525K was needed to keep BM at bay, pay off Holdsworth and avoid unaffordable tax charges related to transactions associated with these matters

We know, of course,  that only £4m of the £5m BM facility materialised but the £2.5m allegedly due from KA remains decidely opaque. Would a man as experienced as KA really put that amount at stake for 50% of the shares when Holdsworth was risking nothing for his 50%?

Howard's claim that KA owed Moonshift nearly £8m (not £5m) appears to unintentionally suggest that he might have done but only after Holdsworth had been bought off.

Will we ever get objective and informed clarification?  I'm not sure we will.

4 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

Seriously? I don’t think Fellaini will be a fringe player and I don’t think he’ll want to come back and play for us in League one..

No not seriously. But they may have other players they could bus in, unlike other bidders who would have to start from scratch.