Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Pricey said:

It isn't a bad idea but it won't happen because the pitch has to be a carpet for the pro's. They are all a bunch of bitches these days. I think Basketball would be a good model to follow. Game days are literally fan days. So much going on, before, during and after

Give over.

I've been to basketball and baseball matches in the US and at times it's like the game is merely a sideshow. I love our game for its no-frills approach.

My boss was over from America once and I took him to a Bolton match and whilst at first somewhat bemused by the lack of other activities, he left the game having loved that the match was the be all and end all.

You say your daughter is bored because there's nothing else for her to do. We'll, and no offence intended, I'd suggest football matches aren't for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would argue that pro football should change the calendar to a spring/summer/autumn game, but how bad would winter be without football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Give over.

I've been to basketball and baseball matches in the US and at times it's like the game is merely a sideshow. I love our game for its no-frills approach.

My boss was over from America once and I took him to a Bolton match and whilst at first somewhat bemused by the lack of other activities, he left the game having loved that the match was the be all and end all.

You say your daughter is bored because there's nothing else for her to do. We'll, and no offence intended, I'd suggest football matches aren't for her.

Bring back terracing. One time the young kids would kick a ball about (or can) at the front for extra entertainment should the game be a bit biz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Give over.

I've been to basketball and baseball matches in the US and at times it's like the game is merely a sideshow. I love our game for its no-frills approach.

My boss was over from America once and I took him to a Bolton match and whilst at first somewhat bemused by the lack of other activities, he left the game having loved that the match was the be all and end all.

You say your daughter is bored because there's nothing else for her to do. We'll, and no offence intended, I'd suggest football matches aren't for her.

I've never got that feeling when I've been to a basketball match, I felt that the franchise was giving something back to its fan base, competitions going on to win prizes, shirts, signed memorabilia etc.. got you enjoying the day and pumped up for the game and I'm not saying run these during the match. The game itself is centre stage and should always be treated so but there is no harm in getting the fans involved before, during half and perhaps after.

My daughter enjoys football and the atmosphere, but before the game and during half time there isn't fuck all for her to do apart from sit there and look at the pitch or to be stood inside where the floor is drenched in beer or ketchup packets. 

Come on mate we're talking about getting the next generation of Bolton fans through the turnstiles, you honestly think that by not doing activities around the game will attract them? Completely different generation kids these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been done to death 

bolton fans aren’t interested, no matter what ideas the club try and roll out 

some towns are football mad we aren’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rugby league (a truly awful sport) has tried every gimmick going to get people interested. While I think things could improve the experience I wouldn’t want it at the expense of the actual game.

For the record the other rugby is shit as well. They’ve overtaken cricket 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tomski said:

Rugby league (a truly awful sport) has tried every gimmick going to get people interested. While I think things could improve the experience I wouldn’t want it at the expense of the actual game.

For the record the other rugby is shit as well. They’ve overtaken cricket 

Throw golf in for a full house 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Throw golf in for a full house 

Spot on mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The simple fact is that any initiatives can fail if they're not done well. I know the current lot of Wanderers fans are a bunch of miserable bastards that poo poo any new ideas but this isn't about us and we aren't the target audience. Put on a good show and they will come. Obviously winning games would help but there's no reason not to try multiple things to generate income and cut costs. Win games and put on a cracking event for the whole community and we're back in business. We have an arena where people would love to showcase their sport/activity/artwork/flower arranging or whatever so we might as well work the ass off the assets.

And sell them a drink,a bite to eat and some toffees whilst they're at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nail on head. Win some games and people will come back. Would be nice if our next owners can give something back like a pint or summat at a game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, tomski said:

Nail on head. Win some games and people will come back. Would be nice if our next owners can give something back like a pint or summat at a game. 

Or some £10 ticket offers, free upgrades or bring a mate for free deals? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

The simple fact is that any initiatives can fail if they're not done well. I know the current lot of Wanderers fans are a bunch of miserable bastards that poo poo any new ideas but this isn't about us and we aren't the target audience. Put on a good show and they will come. Obviously winning games would help but there's no reason not to try multiple things to generate income and cut costs. Win games and put on a cracking event for the whole community and we're back in business. We have an arena where people would love to showcase their sport/activity/artwork/flower arranging or whatever so we might as well work the ass off the assets.

And sell them a drink,a bite to eat and some toffees whilst they're at it.

You need to start saying arse and not ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pricey said:

Come on mate we're talking about getting the next generation of Bolton fans through the turnstiles, you honestly think that by not doing activities around the game will attract them? Completely different generation kids these days

Maybe I'm lucky. I've been taking yoof for a couple of years now. He's 9 years old. At the game he's happy just to go to the game mither me with stupid questions at half time and then leave. He doesn't want or need anything else to keep him occupied.

Strange really as because away from the game he's mad as a box of frogs and needs constant stimulation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Maybe I'm lucky. I've been taking yoof for a couple of years now. He's 9 years old. At the game he's happy just to go to the game mither me with stupid questions at half time and then leave. He doesn't want or need anything else to keep him occupied.

Strange really as because away from the game he's mad as a box of frogs and needs constant stimulation.

If the daughter hasn't got her phone or tablet in her face then she isn't happy. What get's me though is she is watching people play games on youtube, she has the same games unopened in her room  :angry:

Edited by Pricey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Or some £10 ticket offers, free upgrades or bring a mate for free deals? :)

Na fuck that. Just a beer mate. I’ve done all the rest for others ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Maybe I'm lucky. I've been taking yoof for a couple of years now. He's 9 years old. At the game he's happy just to go to the game mither me with stupid questions at half time and then leave. He doesn't want or need anything else to keep him occupied.

Strange really as because away from the game he's mad as a box of frogs and needs constant stimulation.

We like to think he takes you and he’s one of the lads these days. He always says you area good lad and  you let him ask stupid questions😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DazBob said:

You need to start saying arse and not ass.

Arse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pricey said:

If the daughter hasn't got her phone or tablet in her face then she isn't happy. What get's me though is she is watching people play games on youtube, she has the same games unopened in her room  :angry:

:D

my youngest was watching donkey kong gameplay videos from 1984 last night. 

With a few explosion video interludes just for safe measure. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what about first team to score 3 wins, nah on 2nd thoughts that cunt Parkinson's in charge, we'd be lucky to get to one.

On point though, as someone as already stated, winning games is the only way we will get the fans rolling back, unfortunately with this Fucker in charge, we are doomed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

what about first team to score 3 wins, nah on 2nd thoughts that cunt Parkinson's in charge, we'd be lucky to get to one.

On point though, as someone as already stated, winning games is the only way we will get the fans rolling back, unfortunately with this Fucker in charge, we are doomed!

Just a shame we have to win games for folk to come back 

when you look at some clubs in the lower leagues there crowds hold up despite having nothing to cheer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just a shame we have to win games for folk to come back 

when you look at some clubs in the lower leagues there crowds hold up despite having nothing to cheer 

Give them a promotion or two and they would. Then their crowds would go up.

If we spent a few years in league one, ours would find its natural base level.

Just a glimpse of something positive on the pitch will help next season. Just as long as it's not the same dullard dross we've been fed recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Give them a promotion or two and they would. Then their crowds would go up.

If we spent a few years in league one, ours would find its natural base level.

Just a glimpse of something positive on the pitch will help next season. Just as long as it's not the same dullard dross we've been fed recently.

Dullard dross will still be here next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just a shame we have to win games for folk to come back 

when you look at some clubs in the lower leagues there crowds hold up despite having nothing to cheer 

They were holding up pretty well, but folk got pissed off with the drivel being served up. Still bigger home average than PNE and Dingle Rovers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

They were holding up pretty well, but folk got pissed off with the drivel being served up. Still bigger home average than PNE and Dingle Rovers. 

On paper yes 

but don’t tell me our crowds was accurate, Reading & boro must of been sub 10k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.