Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

If anyone’s arsed here’s an explanation of what happened at Blackpool from a legal perspective. 

Surely there’s stuff in there similar to our procedures.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/articles/item/blackpool-fc-s-appointment-of-a-receiver-the-background-regulatory-framework-and-what-comes-next-for-club-fans

Interesting stuff, Gonzo, except for those who are more into zymology or herpetology. BWFC circs are very different to Blackpool though.

12 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Interesting stuff, Gonzo, except for those who are more into zymology or herpetology. BWFC circs are very different to Blackpool though.

Think I caught herpetology in Magaluf once. 

17 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Is zymology Tom Cruise's mob with the gaff on Deansgate Manchester? 

Aren't they into auditing? Are you into all that carry on?

15 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Have I missed an official announcement that FV have taken over or is that still on the burner? And are we expecting some kind of statement outlining where the funding is coming from (backers) and some sort of plan?

You haven’t missed anything. Hopefully heads of terms announced tomorrow, as it was supposed to be done and dusted on Friday.

Blackpool have already made a signing with their new owner, hopefully we are equally, if not more speedy in signing up some players.

While it’d be nice to have a fresh start without any sentiment, getting Wheater back in would be a positive I think.

41 minutes ago, Mantra said:

You haven’t missed anything. Hopefully heads of terms announced tomorrow, as it was supposed to be done and dusted on Friday.

Blackpool have already made a signing with their new owner, hopefully we are equally, if not more speedy in signing up some players.

While it’d be nice to have a fresh start without any sentiment, getting Wheater back in would be a positive I think.

If it takes 5 days to agree HoTs, you wonder how long it’s going to take them to agree the sale contract!

1 minute ago, lowcarbon said:

Can anyone confirm if we are under a 2 year transfer embargo, for going into Administration?

Also is there a 2 window transfer embargo for failing to pay wages on time?

Nixon and Iles have said something along the lines of - there’ll be restrictions but nothing to stop us from signing some players.

54 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Nixon and Iles have said something along the lines of - there’ll be restrictions but nothing to stop us from signing some players.

Same as last time. Can sign frees and loans with no fee. And a squad of 24. And league have to approve every deal.

2 minutes ago, lowcarbon said:

I know we can sign and register loans and freebies up to about 23/24 players, but not allowed to buy at all or offer any money to agents etc

I can't see many League 1 teams spending money on players anyway,  maybe the likes of Sunderland etc, but most clubs just don't have the money, so it isn't the end of the world for us.

13 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

providing we dont go down in league one  think it will take us 2 seasons to get back to championship. but sometime when you dont go up first time gives players more time to develop and be more ready for championship.

Think Sheffield U were in league 1 for 8 years we should not take it for granted we’re gonna be back up any time soon. 

2 hours ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

It’s Defo FV.

im feeling quite positive overall.

Four (?) heads is better than one, n all that.

but on the other hand they’ll all want a slice of the profits.

They get my support til they start to **** it up I suppose.

Is there someone behind FV with real money? I’m of opinion there may well be given Nixon’s tweet last week saying folk around the deal seem very cheerful about it. We will soon know.

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1139569877763723264?s=21

Edited by Mounts Kipper