Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Kane57

Taken over?

7 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Whoever takes over the club should move heaven and earth to involve BSA from day one, Director of Football, Manager or even kit man, put his name anywhere near the club and season tickets will fly, players will want to come here, it would be a massive lift to everybody 

Got to agree. Get Kevin Nolan in as manager with Sam involved upstairs. 

Now that would shift tickets and get everyone on board. 

10 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Whoever takes over the club should move heaven and earth to involve BSA from day one, Director of Football, Manager or even kit man, put his name anywhere near the club and season tickets will fly, players will want to come here, it would be a massive lift to everybody 

Depends who takes over, would be surprised if we found wealthy owners, no doubt BSA would want mega £££ so can't see it I'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Would be fantastic but can you really see that with the bidders and finance available being able to entice Sam back?

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Would be fantastic but can you really see that with the bidders and finance available being able to entice Sam back?

None of us know who the bidders are though, so to say that is just speculation.

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He's already said he'd be interested and has spoken to some people, though probably not as manager.

Obviously it depends on who buys the club, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him back, even temporarily. 

Not sure he's even looking for a big premier League job any more.

I wouldn't want Sam back; his best is in the past. Nolan would be a good choice as manager; he has a win % above 40. That is play-offs without point deductions, probably safety with them. 

3 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

I wouldn't want Sam back; his best is in the past. Nolan would be a good choice as manager; he has a win % above 40. That is play-offs without point deductions, probably safety with them. 

Don't think he'll come as a manager.

1 hour ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Because by this point a big chunk of the match going fan base, Just. want. rid.

Just read the last few pages as I just did. You make a lot of good points, but there's zero appetite from most posters for hearing them. Minds have been made up. It's got to the point where the club would be better off with an inferior new manager rather than PP because any action that he tried to take would be running up against a swathe of hostility from a large section of the fan base. Besides, he's been firefighting almost ever since he came into he club, he probably needs a break himself.

Any new ownership group with anything like the funds needed will want to get the entire fan base on board asap and regardless of the merits that's clearly not going to happen with PP there. Get someone else in, get the cheap pr and sense of renewal that comes with a change of face at the top and hope that a different fresh voice and set of eyes can help change the narrative. I think with time, some fans will change their estimation of PP and what he had to deal with at BWFC, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Owen Coyle was appointed to appease the fans. I rest my case.

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not really mate. 

Was on the vinegar as I was typing though :)

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's already said he'd be interested and has spoken to some people, though probably not as manager.

Obviously it depends on who buys the club, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him back, even temporarily. 

Not sure he's even looking for a big premier League job any more.

i remember bsa saying he spoke to a few but none of them inpressed with ambition. but i do beleive he would work with the chinese. if they have bid

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Owen Coyle was the right appointment at the time.

Not sacking him soon enough was the problem. 

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Owen Coyle was the right appointment at the time.

Not sacking him soon enough was the problem. 

coyle seemed to just sign championship players and we ended up as a championship side. there was only stuart holden that was prem class

13 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The next manager could be the bastard love child of Owen Coyle and Dougie Freedman, as long as he was a new face and not PP some fans would prefer him to Parky. Minds are made up, the only thing you will get if you try and argue the point is more abuse.

Except Coyle wasn't appointed to appease fans. Yet more tripe and bollocks.

Gartside was interviewed upon his appointment, and explained he'd followed Coyle's progression at Burnley, after recommending him to them.

His stock was high and was a sensible appointment at the time.

It went to pot, and the same chairman got shut when necessary.

More evidence that PP has been fortunate to last so long and has to go.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

1 hour ago, itdiddidit? said:

the glass half full types motivators, leaders  we'll be needing will maybe just say this club and its history deserves to be up there and back in the mix and here's my opportunity to stand up be counted and help deliver it. 

Our club does deserve to be up there with the very best. No doubt in my mind, but I am also realistic. I would love nothing more than promotions back 2 back and us back in the premier League, but let's be real. Lets look at what faces us over the next season or possibly longer, do you honestly think we can get the right additions to the squad? The only way I see this happening is by us paying for players but we face an embargo. All the best/decent freebies would have been snapped up by the time we get to the table and those decent players who haven't been snapped up are probably asking for more money than what they are worth and is it likely that Bolton will pay over the odds in wages for these players??

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Now that sounds like a plan!

I think BSA would only be interested if the tiddly winks bought us- money/ego are his main motivation.

So if it isn't the Chinese who will be owning us then BSA wouldn't want to know, but even if we are bought by someone with tight purse strings i would love to see Nolan at the helm - assisted by David Lee + Jimmy Phillips.

Austerity wouldn't seem so bad with those 3 around.

Allardyce in a DOF role would please a lot of fans but I fear it would be a mistake and potentially an expensive one.  I hope the new owners appoint people purely on the basis of their suitability and don't try to gain fan approval by going for former Players or Managers. 

12 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Allardyce in a DOF role would please a lot of fans but I fear it would be a mistake and potentially an expensive one.  I hope the new owners appoint people purely on the basis of their suitability and don't try to gain fan approval by going for former Players or Managers. 

After years of negativity and a downward spiral the most important thing before the next season kicks off is positivity, the fans need to see that the rot has stopped and it’s upwards from here, people will back that

If the new owner is someone with only just enough money to buy the club and appoints a cheap unknown manager it’s going to be a very long turnaround, if at all

31 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Now that sounds like a plan!

I think BSA would only be interested if the tiddly winks bought us- money/ego are his main motivation.

So if it isn't the Chinese who will be owning us then BSA wouldn't want to know, but even if we are bought by someone with tight purse strings i would love to see Nolan at the helm - assisted by David Lee + Jimmy Phillips.

Austerity wouldn't seem so bad with those 3 around.

How good is it to hear the club means so much. 

54 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Utter bollocks again and yet another example of your constant agenda that seems to be blame the plebs/fans for everything because i know better (comes thru in your comments on Brexit as well the same intolerance and dismissive attitude)

Gartside was paying himself around what £500k per year? to make the big decisions. He appointed Coyle and if he went for a 'fans favourite' maybe as a result of previously appointing the almost universally hated Megson (whats betting you loved him?) Well that was down to the chairman not the fans. 

If you want to watch Parkyball you knock yourself out you will have stadium to yourself and you csn be happy as a pig in shite watching shite

I will say it again, Parkinson is a cunt! ...from a football perspective he is and will always be clueless, stubborn and deluded and I have witnessed the shittest of shittest football since I started watching us in the early 70's.  

Yeah he seems to have carried himself well regarding all the shite that's been going on with cunt number 2 - Tank Top Sweaty Ken, but he's also hidden behined it all. The way we play football is solely down to that cunt, and that cunt alone. And I won't be apologising for calling the cunt a cunt!

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I will say it again, Parkinson is a cunt! ...from a football perspective he is and will always be clueless, stubborn and deluded and I have witnessed the shittest of shittest football since I started watching us in the early 70's.  

Yeah he seems to have carried himself well regarding all the shite that's been going on with cunt number 2 - Tank Top Sweaty Ken, but he's also hidden behined it all. The way we play football is solely down to that cunt, and that cunt alone. And I won't be apologising for calling the cunt a cunt!

Port or Prosecco or both tonight Mr Grey? 

3 minutes ago, Thorpey said:

Port or Prosecco or both tonight Mr Grey? 

Just a small coffee, honest.