Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Kane57

Taken over?

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Nixon seems to suggest FV but you never know. He probably means football violence.

Thats how I keep reading FV as

I definitely thinking it's FV now as there was a bunch of activity yesterday. Companies House shows that Michael James and Jeff Thomas were appointed as Directors and they filed a Statement of Capital following the allotment of shares - but I couldn't see it as it was a bad link. Surely all that activity points to FV being the successful bidder?

all player transfers are on the tick over 12 months iirc

so the initial funds arent really the problem.

although, im not sure a finance company would give us much of a deal.

2 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

I definitely thinking it's FV now as there was a bunch of activity yesterday. Companies House shows that Michael James and Jeff Thomas were appointed as Directors and they filed a Statement of Capital following the allotment of shares - but I couldn't see it as it was a bad link. Surely all that activity points to FV being the successful bidder?

whos backing them as they have aparently had new backers. 

2 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

That was in March?

FWIW, I'd be happy with them, from what we know, that's not a lot... first choice manager has gone though. 

Posted (edited)

Right we have a club and will have a team to put out next season 

Worse case scenario has been avoided. 

Edited by Ani

6 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

whos backing them as they have aparently had new backers. 

That's the big question. So far we have MJ - property developer, Basran's entrepreneurial investment fund - and we don't know how much dosh they'd risk on us, Jeff T of UKCloud and Sharon Brittan who also dabbles with property development. Which is all good, but I can't see them throwing say £50 million at us without building a Normid in the WSU and a bunch of houses/offices outside.  I at least think part of their plan is to develop the land and possibly parts of the stadium itself. If they intend to do more than just stabilise the club I suspect they need money from elsewhere but we'll just have to wait and see.

I imagine HMRC will be wanting this £1m......

It was all good news until the figure of £1 million for paying immediate bills  and rebuilding the playing squad was mentioned.Wigan and Preston won't be fearing a Bolton revival any time soon on that sum of money.

2 minutes ago, Daveh said:

I imagine HMRC will be wanting this £1m......

no they won't, the debt to HMRC and others is incorporated into the sale price. 

1 hour ago, grego said:

Likely its loaned from somewhere, to start the debt pile again.

That's the spirit.

Fuck me why is everyone banging on about this £1m, it's an injection just for now. Wait till next few weeks and see what happens from there, more than likely we will hear more in regards to what money will be put in the club.

Posted (edited)

Won't we be under transfer embargo anyway, meaning even if there was £100m made available for players we wouldn't be able to spend it?

Edited by DazBob

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Won't we be under transfer embargo anyway, meaning even if there was £100m made available for players we wouldn't be able to spend it?

Yep

6 minutes ago, DazBob said:

That's the spirit.

I'm not sure how the administrators would look at that anyhow.

Perhaps they wouldn't allow it, if it was likely to send us back into a bad debt spiral.

45 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

That was the 12th March.

Not yesterday. 

I think one should note this £1M is being invested before the deal is completed. I imagine it’s the amount needed to keep everything going and allow some planning. It’s good that whoever the new owners are they are prepared to get things moving before the ink is dry.

I see this as equivalent of redeveloping a house before completion. You are confident and planning ahead.

Also if it were Bassini he’d surely have been on Sky by now...

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

I think one should note this £1M is being invested before the deal is completed. I imagine it’s the amount needed to keep everything going and allow some planning. It’s good that whoever the new owners are they are prepared to get things moving before the ink is dry.

I see this as equivalent of redeveloping a house before completion. You are confident and planning ahead.

Bassini promised that same £1m last time at this stage. 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm not sure how the administrators would look at that anyhow.

Perhaps they wouldn't allow it, if it was likely to send us back into a bad debt spiral.

Difficult one, depends on the criteria that they set out in what they asked potential suitors... My guess is that its possibly more one for the EFL to make sure they are happy with before giving the fit and proper green light, which would satisfy the Administrators... 

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If it wasn’t him, he’d of gone moaning to someone like iles as he’s nothing to lose. That’s more likely. 

If it is, why would he fall at the last hurdle and go breaking an NDA to sky. 

Posted (edited)

@bwfcfan5 Bassini couldn't even keep his mouth shut to Marc Iles that he's put a bid in for the club this week even though it should of been covered by NDA's.

Edited by Okocha10

Place be in meltdown if its Bassini. Surely not? Im not sure he was even in last five just coz iles 'believed' he was. But this is BWFC. Imagine the announcement ta da Mr Laurence Bassini! Cue groans and tumbleweed blowing thru WW.

1 minute ago, snowball said:

Place be in meltdown if its Bassini. Surely not? Im not sure he was even in last five just coz iles 'believed' he was. But this is BWFC. Imagine the announcement ta da Mr Laurence Bassini! Cue groans and tumbleweed blowing thru WW.

If it’s Bassini then we just get on with it. If admin thinks he’s the best bet then it means he is.