Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Kane57

Taken over?

Has Bassini actually passed a fit and proper test? Think Anderson pointed out in his notes he hadn't so maybe if it was Bassini the process of the club being bought by him wouldn't of gone through as quick as it has. Read this "Mr Bassini has failed to provide any adequate and acceptable proof of current and future funding to the EFL"

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/a-note-from-from-the-chairman/

It is what it is, if it's Bassini so be it, as long as whoever it is sets up a board of directors, and is not the one man show we had under sweaty, and as long as the club is run the right way I couldn't give a fuck who it is.

“- The highest bid for the club

- Proof and source of significant funding

- Ability to fund the club for a minimum of two years

- Ability to satisfy secured, football and unsecured creditors

- EFL approval”

Nothing  to complain about there. They’ve put up the most money to buy the club, they can keep us going for another couple years minimum. They can pay off our outstanding debts and the EFL are happy with them. Let’s just be happy with that for now. Reading too much into this £1 million. Looking forward to the youth getting a chance alongside some fresh faces. Survive this season and we’ve got a fresh start next year. COYW!

The administrators would have picked the best bid, they would have gone through everything with a nit comb. If it's Bassini, then he has obviously provided everything required.

Time for celebration not speculation (see what I did there)

Can only be a positive development. The whole point of the administration process is to get the best possible deal so we’ve just got to have faith that whichever nut job who has decided to take on this basket case has got the stomach for the fight and, to be fair, you’d have thought they’ve gone in to this whole process with their eyes open. 

I'm thinking Destinys child or Gloria Gaynor

Whoever it is, they've stumped up where others haven't or couldn't. 

Least we can do is give them and the club our full backing. Whoever's in the team and whoever's managing it.

Back to the footy at last. Coyfwm!

13 minutes ago, Ani said:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

if if you have less than 24 players you can sign players. Assume same in League 1. 

Think we had flexibility on this last time. I remember that long term injuries were removed from the count so we could bring in someone new.

1 minute ago, Razaldo9 said:

Think we had flexibility on this last time. I remember that long term injuries were removed from the count so we could bring in someone new.

Yes Pratley was excluded. Then played. 

When did we get another transfer embargo? I'm only aware of the 12pt deduction..

6 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

When did we get another transfer embargo? I'm only aware of the 12pt deduction..

I have a feeling any full and final punishment will be presented after the new owners are in place.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the bidder would has had discussions with the efl in this regard.

There's a lot of bad feeling as to their role in allowing sweaty to take the helm last time, and who knows, perhaps they'll go lightly.

24 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

Under embargo due to non payment of wages. Plus insolvency event brings with it an embargo. Iles says unlikely new owners can get us out of it.

Same embargo as when Ken took over. Can’t pay fees only frees and loans without a fee. Restriction on wages. Restriction on numbers.

Great news. Fresh start from tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I have a feeling any full and final punishment will be presented after the new owners are in place.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the bidder would has had discussions with the efl in this regard.

There's a lot of bad feeling as to their role in allowing sweaty to take the helm last time, and who knows, perhaps they'll go lightly.

They showed common sense with Blackpool so you never know.

1 minute ago, DLH said:

These administrators were the same ones who let Sisu back into Coventry.

Just now, RedBloodzCell said:

Let’s find out who they are before we start all this

1 minute ago, DLH said:

Aye, that's what I'm holding out for.

If they want to punish someone, just ban ken from any future ownership, or even any involvement in football.

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Under embargo due to non payment of wages. Plus insolvency event brings with it an embargo. Iles says unlikely new owners can get us out of it.

Same embargo as when Ken took over. Can’t pay fees only frees and loans without a fee. Restriction on wages. Restriction on numbers.

I don't mind Iles but he's not exactly the most ITK of individuals, and his argument about it on twitter was simply screenshoting the rule book, and did KA challenge it? His challenge was to reduce the costs significantly and reduce the playing head count.

With the minus 12 to cope with and with 14 players there is a stronger argument  to  not impose, assuming the new owners can evidence that spending isn't going to put us back to square 1. 

3 minutes ago, RedBloodzCell said:

Taking about the EFL... 

4 minutes ago, DLH said:

I don't mind Iles but he's not exactly the most ITK of individuals, and his argument about it on twitter was simply screenshoting the rule book, and did KA challenge it? His challenge was to reduce the costs significantly and reduce the playing head count.

With the minus 12 to cope with and with 14 players there is a stronger argument  to  not impose, assuming the new owners can evidence that spending isn't going to put us back to square 1. 

Ken was besties with Harvey so bent the rules but we stayed under the embargo.

We will just have to see. I can't see us avoiding another embargo if it has always been imposed. There must be previous clubs that came out of admin with new owners that went in to embargo, so you'd assume they'll follow the precedent.

Maybe they won't punish us for not fulfilling the game as a compromise. Say something about if you go in to admin and can't fulfill a fixture, no further penalty is incurred. Would prevent other teams not playing them as there could be a punishment for other reasons.

58 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Whoever it is, they've stumped up where others haven't or couldn't. 

At this stage they've promised to "stump up" - not quite the same thing. But you're right - until we know any better we have every reason to be optimistic that they'll deliver.

1 hour ago, Pricey said:

The administrators would have picked the best bid, they would have gone through everything with a nit comb. If it's Bassini, then he has obviously provided everything required.

Time for celebration not speculation (see what I did there)

Bingo 

Admin mob look at it black and white. Whoever it is has the best bid and access to most funds 

Or, they are less skint than the rest. 

Either way they’re the best option. Bassini or otherwise 

5 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

We finished 2006/07 in seventh place with declining attendances, a negative goal difference one point ahead of Reading, two points in front of Portsmouth and four in front of Blackburn.

2006/07 final  league table

1.Man Utd  2. Chelsea 3.Liverpool 4 Arsenal 5.Tottenham 6, Everton 7. Bolton

If that is a  situation to moan about rather than celebrate  i suspect you are never going to be happy,