Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

26 minutes ago, kent_white said:

He signings have been piss poor because he hasn't been able to spend any money. As for his tactics - they were good enough to get us up and keep us up. And I don't feel like he's really had any other option with the personnel at hand.

Can't really comment on his time at Hull and Charlton as I don't know what the context of his time in charge there was.

I think he's performed minor miracles. Although I would agree that the football has been an atrocious watch at times....

Agree with this

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

It got us promoted and kept us up. So saying it doesn't work is a bit harsh. It works fine providing you've decent players in the right position. It's boring to watch mind.

It just never seems that develop though. We all thought there was a slight improvement in the squad this season, but the football is retrograde.

Why did he sign oztumer for example if he wasn't prepared to modify the style to accommodate him?

We've seen that the new sjm can score at least a few if crosses come in for him to attack. But wingers on the wrong sides and shit service is the norm.

Not one to use the out of his depth tag, as I think managers can improve with experience just like players. Unfortunately, he shows no signs of it.

I would be interested to know what his relationship with ken is really like, but we might have to wait a while to learn that.

15 minutes ago, Spider said:

A consortium of Stalinists now at the table.

Bolty will be happy.

If true it would not surprise me if Vasily Anismov, friend of Putin apparently was somehow behind it - there's certainly a link between the two that I've known about for some time that I've always been very curious about?

Would he be better or worse than Anderson?

Anyway Iles and the rest want Anderson out no matter what...

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It just never seems that develop though. We all thought there was a slight improvement in the squad this season, but the football is retrograde.

Why did he sign oztumer for example if he wasn't prepared to modify the style to accommodate him?

We've seen that the new sjm can score at least a few if crosses come in for him to attack. But wingers on the wrong sides and shit service is the norm.

Not one to use the out of his depth tag, as I think managers can improve with experience just like players. Unfortunately, he shows no signs of it.

I would be interested to know what his relationship with ken is really like, but we might have to wait a while to learn that.

If Magennis gets that cross from Connell that Donaldson powder puffed, it could have been so much different.

5 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

If true it would not surprise me if Vasily Anismov, friend of Putin apparently was somehow behind it - there's certainly a link between the two that I've known about for some time that I've always been very curious about?

Friend of Thogdad you mean

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Spider said:

A consortium of Stalinists now at the table.

Bolty will be happy.

Can we stop with the cryptic stuff

I don't want to trawl the interweb

If there's owt I need to know, get it on here

14 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Link between Anderson and the Russian billionaire?

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I think it's borderline impossible to judge whether PP is 'out of his depth' or not given the hand he's been dealt.

It definitely isn’t. His tactics and random freezing out of players is ridiculous. Add to that bringing a lad randomly into the first 11 for the last game of the season which very nearly didn’t pay off.

he seems a good man and has handled the shit well but as a game manager he’s shit

1 minute ago, Big E said:

It definitely isn’t. His tactics and random freezing out of players is ridiculous. Add to that bringing a lad randomly into the first 11 for the last game of the season which very nearly didn’t pay off.

he seems a good man and has handled the shit well but as a game manager he’s shit

Fair enough. That lad did score the winner to keep us up though - so maybe not the best example. I'm happy to reserve judgement till if and when he gets a chance with a club with a few quid. 

9 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

Link between Anderson and the Russian billionaire?

He's the guy involved in that company that Ken dissolved, or summat similar. Don't know why Sluffy didn't take 11 paragraphs to say it, but there you go. Maybe he's not feeling well.

• Moderators

So

Last night lies runs with a story of a UK based consortium

A few days, the Scottish sun's runs a story that Mark Warburton has put together a group and they were ready to buy a championship club

What else do we know

Where's Russians come from?

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I think it's borderline impossible to judge whether PP is 'out of his depth' or not given the hand he's been dealt.

Maybe

But, as we can't change players, then we can only change the manager

9 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Friend of Thogdad you mean

I don't know about that but KA had a number of Inner Circle companies,

Inner Circle Investments - which holds his shares in the club (Burnden Leisure)

Inner Circle Group - which was taken over and renamed - Galitor UK Ltd

and Inner Circle Sports and Media - which also was taken over and renamed - Desior UK Ltd. (Note - It was stated in the last accounts that £525,000 was paid in to Anderson company of this name).

However when you look at the filing history's of both these last two company's it shows that on the 1st Feb, 2018 the person with the significant ownership of Desoir was the company Galitor, and similarly if you look at Galitor's filing history on the 27th September, 2018 the person with the significant ownership was a Russian by the name of Vasily Ansimov (whose birth date is shown as being in May 1951.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10012151/filing-history

I was only joking a bit when I said he was a friend of Putin - I don't know that to be true but I expect they know of each other.

I know Wiki is not the most reliable source but this is who I think 'our' Vasily might be -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Anisimov

I always thought it was a bit random that an apparent Russian billionaire was linked to a couple of KA's old cast off company's - maybe if there is something in the story, then Desior or Galitor could be a handy UK company set up to take charge of the clubs ownership if such an event happened.

They say fact is stranger than fiction, after all!

49 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

I was at Burton Albion away last season a game we had to win, it was a pathetic display, a week later we were 1-2 down against Forest they switched off and 2 players Parkinson didn't fancy dragged us to safety please don't insult my intelligence by making out he is our saviour he isn't he so isnt

Exactly

And rather than giving ALF credit and starting him this season with ONE quality partner up front he brought in three donkeys. No wonder ALF wanted out and thats why we are in the position we are in

PP hasnt a clue at this level