Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

6 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Exactly

And rather than giving ALF credit and starting him this season with ONE quality partner up front he brought in three donkeys. No wonder ALF wanted out and thats why we are in the position we are in

PP hasnt a clue at this level

Spot on 

• The topic was pinned
46 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Fair enough. That lad did score the winner to keep us up though - so maybe not the best example. I'm happy to reserve judgement till if and when he gets a chance with a club with a few quid. 

He did score the winner. He also missed numerous chances. Don’t get me wrong it worked out in the end but it was a ridiculous risk imo 

46 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

He's the guy involved in that company that Ken dissolved, or summat similar. Don't know why Sluffy didn't take 11 paragraphs to say it, but there you go. Maybe he's not feeling well.

Thanks. The Russian guys a billionaire so very interesting.

I think we need to realise it’s all assumptions about who the interested parties are. Some will sow webs of deceit trying to send folk into the wrong direction for one reason or another. We all need to sit tight and wait for the outcome if and when KA sells the club. There will be NDA in place so all this ‘it’s xy and z is purely speculation. Rest easy until the deal is signed.

7 minutes ago, Happy Wanderer said:

I think we need to realise it’s all assumptions about who the interested parties are. Some will sow webs of deceit trying to send folk into the wrong direction for one reason or another. We all need to sit tight and wait for the outcome if and when KA sells the club. There will be NDA in place so all this ‘it’s xy and z is purely speculation. Rest easy until the deal is signed.

Where's the fun in that 

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

He signings have been piss poor because he hasn't been able to spend any money. As for his tactics - they were good enough to get us up and keep us up. And I don't feel like he's really had any other option with the personnel at hand.

Can't really comment on his time at Hull and Charlton as I don't know what the context of his time in charge there was.

I think he's performed minor miracles. Although I would agree that the football has been an atrocious watch at times....

It beggars belief that anyone could seriously think his tactics were good enough to keep us up. They weren't. We didn't get enough points to keep us up, it just so happens neither did Burton, who beat us twice without us scoring. ALF kept us up, despite the manager & not because of him.

42 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

I was at Burton Albion away last season a game we had to win, it was a pathetic display, a week later we were 1-2 down against Forest they switched off and 2 players Parkinson didn't fancy dragged us to safety please don't insult my intelligence by making out he is our saviour he isn't he so isnt

You put it better than me. He got us relegated effectively, from a position of safety pre-Birmingham. Then ALF saved him, and was rewarded with a seat on the bench.

Just now, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

If  I could be arsed I'd have a look to see when you last posted without cracking on about Alf.... I think everyone knows your view by now cocker.

I'll save you the trouble, it was my previous post, yesterday. Really wierd that you would notice such a thing anyway whether it was true or false, I wouldn't have a clue about your previous posts, if there are any.

55 minutes ago, Happy Wanderer said:

If we did that about everything you’d have no forum 

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

If we did that about everything you’d have no forum 

Good point. We need supposition and conjecture. It's what makes us tick. That and upsetting posters who were warned they'd be upset.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

When your up against this mate I wouldn’t worry 

B81DB4A5-9816-4B5A-9B17-73EC9FC0B337.jpeg

The enduring image of those thick cunts at Forest Green Rovers and industrial shithousing like this, some self-appointed cunt with a Twitter account. We really are fucked.

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

All sounds great until those very people start acting the cunt and protesting on me, my dad and my children’s behalf.

I didn’t ask them to speak up for me last week. I didn’t ask them to kick off and create a hostile atmosphere. 

They spoke on my behalf, caused a fuss and create division. 

Say what the fuck you want on social media, debate all day long, but don’t whip up a fucking frenzy using local journalists and gullible as fuck teenage jizz stains to cause some faux outrage and a massive kick off about something nobody has an idea about. 

They don’t represent me or any of us but decided they should.

this place has been going since 1999 and should hold more clout that some filthy schmuck with a twitter account. But their voice gets heard most.

That little cunt with the wonky pallet will Jones speaking on my behalf on sky sports 1 summed the whole thing up. 

When all this is over, we will all still be there. Those cunts with their shit whiskers will be long gone. 

Never a truer word spoken

5 hours ago, gonzo said:

All sounds great until those very people start acting the cunt and protesting on me, my dad and my children’s behalf.

I didn’t ask them to speak up for me last week. I didn’t ask them to kick off and create a hostile atmosphere. 

They spoke on my behalf, caused a fuss and create division. 

Say what the fuck you want on social media, debate all day long, but don’t whip up a fucking frenzy using local journalists and gullible as fuck teenage jizz stains to cause some faux outrage and a massive kick off about something nobody has an idea about. 

They don’t represent me or any of us but decided they should.

this place has been going since 1999 and should hold more clout that some filthy schmuck with a twitter account. But their voice gets heard most.

That little cunt with the wonky pallet will Jones speaking on my behalf on sky sports 1 summed the whole thing up. 

When all this is over, we will all still be there. Those cunts with their shit whiskers will be long gone. 

Amen brother.

If I wasn't such a fanny with an aversion to needles I'd be having that tattooed on my arse.

12 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

You put it better than me. He got us relegated effectively, from a position of safety pre-Birmingham. Then ALF saved him, and was rewarded with a seat on the bench.

And who was responsible for "pre Birmingham"?