Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

42 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

The devil's in the detail. We'll have to wait and see what arrangements have been agreed with PBP,  Brett Warburton and Uncle Eddie's trustees. And any idea that there isn't a chunk of borrowed money involved in all this strikes me as unduly optimistic.

Does it matter?

33 minutes ago, gonzo said:

A link with barsan and Andy Gartside?

I saw that on Facebook. I would imagine in the circle of people who buy/own footballs clubs there will be a lot of links. Most of which are coincidental. 

31 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

If you're not bothered  whether new owners are arrivistes with objectives incompatible with the hopes of lifelong supporters, it won't.

Sure

But, rather than crawling all over the matter when we have no idea what is happening, looking for negatives, perhaps it is just better to wait and see?

27 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Sure

But, rather than crawling all over the matter when we have no idea what is happening, looking for negatives, perhaps it is just better to wait and see?

There are still some folk who think Eddie Davies was an arriviste. His first million quid was more than the rest of the board put together had invested. Some didn't seem to like it very much. Not a lot we can do other than comment though and maybe counter some of the tripe appearing in the BN for more than a decade.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

36 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Sure

On this we can agree. The speculation both positive and negative about a deal that absolutely nobody knows squat about is stupid. 

On the one hand, cos the guy owns a business with a co-founder of Facebook we're billionaires...

on the other...

The guy isn't a billionaire himself so must have borrowed all the money in a dodgy deal...

I think its best to just wait and see and have hope that new owners can turn the ship round and get us at least on an even keel. I really do not care where the money comes from if they pay the bills and make good decisions. 

Bradford manager has resigned....this could be a good facesaving move for Parky and the new owners all round. I suspect Parky won't fancy hanging round with new owners likely to replace him at some point - and new owners probably will not want to immediately be sacking the manager (but know time is precious) - so could work all round? 

Bradford in a mess so their fans would love Parky back.....

Either a limited vocabulary, or kind of person who screams toward the bench from the comfort of NSL...

He's not a cunt, he is professional and polite.

Mr Grey is either a wum, doesn't see the difference, or bases his opinion on other things. I must also stress, whichever it is, he is entitled to that opinion.

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

On this we can agree. The speculation both positive and negative about a deal that absolutely nobody knows squat about is stupid. 

On the one hand, cos the guy owns a business with a co-founder of Facebook we're billionaires...

on the other...

The guy isn't a billionaire himself so must have borrowed all the money in a dodgy deal...

I think its best to just wait and see and have hope that new owners can turn the ship round and get us at least on an even keel. I really do not care where the money comes from if they pay the bills and make good decisions. 

'must have borrowed all the money in a dodgy deal.'

'The speculation both positive and negative about a deal that absolutely nobody knows squat about is stupid'. 

Isn't there a bit of flawed logic in there somewhere?

15 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Basrans the front for Jeff thomas I think. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UKCloud 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/growth-fund/bgf-helps-cloud-company-expand/

even throwaway stuff like "i worked as a sound engineer" in thomas's interview seem funny when you look at basrans investments on his own companies website 

https://www.thisismetropolis.com . 

the eidur thing on the Ten10 website , https://10tentalent.com/clients/legends/eidur-gudjohnsen .

funny if this gets us out the shite .. 

Edited by e2e4

20 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

'must have borrowed all the money in a dodgy deal.'

'The speculation both positive and negative about a deal that absolutely nobody knows squat about is stupid'. 

Isn't there a bit of flawed logic in there somewhere?

No. I was saying any scrap of information is pounced upon, on way or another. Some think we're rich now others that the new owners are just as bad as Ken.

But nobody has a clue. Its best just to wait and see.

I'm optimistic simply because it seems they have access to £27M....but until we know how its best to be cautiously optimistic. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Lots of clubs in the Championship have wealthy owners, no guarantees of success, but success at the moment for us, is a period of stability and re-building with a new manager in charge. BurndenWays on Twitter was going on about parading the championship trophy at the end of next season, I'm hoping that was tongue & cheek.

I'm also hoping it lifts the mood and bring some feel good factor back to our club, no matter what league we are in next season.

As for crowds, we ain't going to get 26k anytime soon, keeping this season's ST holders would be a priority at this stage.

Stability costs money though. I'm not sure our fans would be happy with a new manager bumming around league one mid table mediocrity for a few seasons whilst we break even financially. 

Lots of people pretend that's what they want but the reality is different.